Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 136)

reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:38am | IP Logged

thnx for d info guys Big smile

i am really happy Party

aamirfans Newbie
aamirfans
aamirfans

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:44am | IP Logged
rajeev made aamir
KMP14 Senior Member
KMP14
KMP14

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Sarkar Raj Has A Poor Start

Saturday 7th June 2008 14.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Aamir opened to a poor start but the film has a limited release and will depend on word of mouth.

Sarkar Raj opened to a poor response with the all India average being around 45-50%. Mumbai was better at around 60-65% but the rest of the country was poor at 40-45%. The reports are fair so it could pick up especially in Mumbai and South. Overall the film may earn in Mumbai, South and possibly Bengal but will struggle in East Punjab, Bihar, Rajasthan and CI.

Hastey Hastey is poor with 90 lakhs nett business in week one.

Woodstock Villa is also poor with 2.25 crore nett and is a losing fare.

Jannat continues its great run with 4.50 crore business takings it 3 week total to over 29 crore. SUPER HIT

Bhoothnath takes its four week total to 24.75 crore. AVERAGE

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:48am | IP Logged
I hope Aamir picks up....Rajeev said that it had picked up well......I hope its atleast average...Though it deserves to be a superhit....I hope people have the sense to watch a good film !! Cry
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:51am | IP Logged

Rajeev is going great guns!
10 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST
,TNN

Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo) More pics

He has made hearts beat faster and set the small screen on fire.

Always a man of few words and armed with a killer smile that saved dialogue writers a lot of hard work, his on-screen chemistry with his co-star fed a host of celeb glossies. And above all, the soft demeanour has seen his popularity graph shoot up in no time in the starry world.

In person, Rajeev Khandelwal has to tackle his career that has now graduated from TV to the silver screen and of course, female fans. The hunk had a tough time tackling all the girls who came in big numbers for a sight of prime time television's 'chocolate boy' at a Vadodara multiplex on Sunday. For starters, a star-struck kiss by one of his female fans.

What brought him there? His debut film Aamir. But, Mr Cool didn't look perturbed at all and wittily remarks, "I had to keep my emotions in check, which was not an easy task!"

What made him choose such an unconventional film for his big-screen debut? "Today, there is a lot of experimentation in the film industry, which is good. There is no safe formula. Besides, nobody would make a costly film like Saawariya with me. I listened to quite a few scripts, but really loved the script of Aamir. I may not have a godfather in the industry, but eventually, talent is all that matters," he says confidently.

And how was the experience? "It was great. We shot in real locations. I loved every frame of Aamir. We shot almost 70 per cent of the film without any retakes. Also, it was an eye-opener for me to witness how cordially Hindus and Muslims live together," he elaborates.

So why did he decide to quit television while things were going so well for him? "It's not easy to leave when you are at the peak, but when do you expect me to call it quits? When a serial stretches on and on? I believe sincerity is very important and at that point, I was not enjoying those serials anymore. In the near future, unless something really interesting and different turns up, I don't see myself doing television," he shoots back.

So who's the real Rajeev in real life? "I am a very ordinary person who's very proud of his roots. I belong to Jaipur, which has a rich history. I like travelling, reading and am a sports buff," says Rajeev. Being a Science graduate, how did he get into acting? "I had realised that a chemistry degree won't really help me. Like my dad and brother, I wanted to get into the army but my form reached a day late. Now that I am here, my degree helps I guess, as the industry is all about on and off-screen chemistry!" he says in his inimitable style.

His next film is "a love story, which is a bit unconventional." Rajeev, who has directed documentaries, is "110 per cent confident of directing a film some day."

And what about his alleged link-up with Aamna Shariff? "Oh, I am so happy to be linked with such a beautiful actress! But I am single." Dream on girls!

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:53am | IP Logged

Can films work without stars?
10 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI photo) More pics

Raj Kumar Gupta's directorial debut has wowed audiences.

The thriller featuring Rajeev Khandelwal as the lead character has been hailed by many critics as an 'outstanding movie'. In recent times there have been other low-budget movies that have also managed to do well though they've had little or no star presence in them. Movies like Bheja Fry, Superstar, Dor and Parzania have all managed to make a mark at the BO. In contrast, mega-star flicks like Tashan, U Me Aur Hum, Halla Bol and Bhoothnath left many disappointed.

It's the same with multi-story movies; while Life in a... Metro and Dus Kahaaniyan worked, Salaam-e-Ishq was a box office disaster despite having some of the biggest names of Bollywood. So is star power less important now than ever before?

"Having a superstar still matters," says Vikas Behl, executive vice-president of the production company for Raj Kumar Gupta's movie. "But now the story and script get equal importance. We are a country of great stories and at times we lose track. But a good story always works," says Vikas. That's why he was confident of the movie's success even if the cast was all newcomers. "We did consider the risks but then we were sure about the story and the cast," he says.

But actress Mandira Bedi maintains that the number of low-budget movies that make it big at the BO is still small. "While there are movies that have succeeded without a big star cast, there have been many that have failed as well. I just hope the recent trend of small movies making it big continues," she says. She points out that Taare Zameen Par might not have been that big a hit without Aamir Khan. "It had a great concept, but Aamir Khan being in it added to the movie. Movies like Bheja Fry and Parzania are great movies, but they never were blockbusters," Mandira says. "The reason star-backed films make it big is because the stars still attract the audience. Small movies have to be totally dependent on the story and the performances," Mandira explains.

Gul Panag, who has acted in hits like Dor and Manorama... Six Feet Under, says that eventually it's the script and performances that determine the fate of a film. "Besides, how many movies can these superstars do? They can't do all the movies released in a year. Finally, it's the story and the performance that counts more than star power," says Gul.

LEENA GHOSH
[email protected]
ranjitha IF-Dazzler
ranjitha
ranjitha

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:53am | IP Logged
'Sarkar Raj' Undone by Weak Story; 'Aamir' Thrills: Film Review

Review by Nabeel Mohideen

More Photos/Details

June 10 (Bloomberg) -- Director Ram Gopal Varma returns to familiar ground after his disastrous remake of ''Sholay'' with ''Sarkar Raj,'' the second installment in the trials and tribulations of the Nagre family.

''Sarkar,'' the first chapter in the saga, was about the charismatic Subhash Nagre presiding over Mumbai's fortunes, a role that came easily to Amitabh Bachchan. ''Sarkar,'' a synonym for overlord as well as the government, was also about the son, Shankar, coming of age and taking over from the father.

Varma's new film is about a foreign company wanting to set up a power plant in Maharashtra, the western Indian state of which Mumbai is the capital. Shankar, a role reprised by real- life son Abhishek Bachchan, is convinced the project stands for progress and is essential for the state's economy.

Ranged against him are the farmers whose land will be needed for the plant and a group of shadowy, corrupt fixers. Anita Rajan (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), whose company wants to set up the plant, rounds off the main cast.

Varma redeploys the atmospherics of ''Sarkar'' -- the looming close-ups, the doom-laden score and the near monochromatic frames. However, it's all undone by a weak script and loose plotting. The film is based on the story of the plant built by the collapsed Enron Corp. in Maharashtra and the recent conflict that arose over a federal government decision to allow factories to be built on farm land.

While the treatment isn't helped by the cliched and stilted dialogue, the script seems to have undergone some chopping and changing, with an overlong coda that extends into a third act.

Abhishek Bachchan doesn't have the heft or star power needed to pull off the central character role. An unsmiling, unshaven visage just doesn't cut it. His real-life wife Aishwarya, completely out of her depth, founders so pathetically it's painful to watch. Only Amitabh Bachchan, as the sorrowing patriarch, towers over everybody else amid the dross.

''Sarkar Raj,'' from Adlabs Films Ltd., opened worldwide on June 6. Rating: *.

'Aamir'

Raj Kumar Gupta, who makes his directorial debut with ''Aamir,'' knows a thing or two about atmospherics -- effortlessly bringing to life the Mumbai street, especially the Muslim ghetto of Dongri and the alleyways of Grant Road.

The film is about a few hours in the life of a Muslim doctor, Aamir Ali, returning to Mumbai from the U.K. The man's encounter with a suspicious airport official soon after he lands sets up the audience for a relentlessly edgy ride.

As he emerges from the airport, a mobile phone is thrown to him by a pair of helmeted motorcycle riders. It starts ringing, he picks up the call and the nightmare begins.

Indian Dream

Gupta, working from his tightly wound-up script, rapidly plots Aamir's journey, which is being manipulated by the voice on the phone. Along the way, the film scores telling points about religion, the Indian dream and the cowardice of the terrorist.

The pace flags a bit in the second half, although the sense of grim foreboding never lifts.

Television star Rajeev Khandelwal makes an assured debut as the man unable to control his destiny -- hunted, haunted, argumentative, defiant, above all fearful, but finally convinced of what he needs to do as his final act of redemption. Gajraj Rao, as the man on the phone, is flawless, exuding menace, his face shadowed throughout as he talks to Aamir.

Director of photography Alphonse Roy mixes handheld shots and long lenses expertly, in keeping with the film's mood and rhythm as Gupta confines the narrative to the decaying, decrepit lanes and buildings. Amit Trivedi's score and Wasiq Khan's production design serve to lift the narrative, while creative producer Anurag Kashyap's fingerprints are all over the film.

''Aamir'' is an unflinching, sometimes angry film, the kind of unstoppable entertainment that forces its audience to think after the credits have rolled.

''Aamir,'' from UTV Software Communications Ltd.'s SpotBoy Motion Pictures, opened on June 6. Rating: ***.

What the Stars Mean:

****          Excellent
***           Good
**            Average
*             Poor
(No stars)    Worthless
ranjitha IF-Dazzler
ranjitha
ranjitha

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:54am | IP Logged
This is a small piece of news which has come in some paper

IIFA 2008 begun with premier of Sarkaar Raj and the trio of Bachans was seeming quite excited about that. The movie is sequel to Sarkaar that was hit on box offices. Audiences and even film city also hopes for the same result from this movie.

The movie is in hard comapettion with Aamir, led by Rajeev Khandelwal as audiences are liking this also. Who takes away the pie is awaited?

Till about a few weeks, there were plans for Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgan to take on Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Though the clash of MEHBOOBA and SARKAR RAJ never happened due to the former opting out of the 6th June release, there are some newcomers who stood up to the challenge.

Believe it or not but as per the current release plans, as many as 5 debutant actors are ganging up to take on the mighty Bachchan family. Even though SARKAR RAJ enjoys the luxury of being certainly the most keenly awaited movie of the season, there are three other flicks that have shown interest in making their presence felt. These are AAMIR, HUMSEY HAI JAHAAN and ZINDAGI TERE NAAM, all of which are now aiming for a 6th June release.

These three films are special for its cast since each of them comes with a bunch of fresh talent. While AAMIR is touted to be the toughest competitor in the filed due to presence of popular TV star Rajeev Khandelwal, who would be making his big screen debut in this UTV flick, HUMSEY HAI JAHAAN has a genetic factor in it's favor. The film is made by Mashhoor Amrohi, who comes from the Amrohi lineage and makes his debut opposite new-find Vishakha Singh.

Third flick of the season is relatively lightweight in spite of the much touted Mithun-Ranjeeta comeback. ZINDAGI TERE NAAM marks the debut of Aseem Ali Khan and Priyanka Mehra who would be hoping that their act is noticed in spite of the entire crowd surrounding them.

Rajeev Khandelwal, Mashhoor Amrohi, Vishakha Singh, Aseem Ali Khan, Priyanka Mehra and the Bachchans - Now that's indeed some crowd building on out there!

Edited by ranjitha - 10 June 2008 at 4:58am

Go to top