Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 131)

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Rajeev is going great guns!
10 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
;
Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo) More pics
He has made hearts beat faster and set the small screen on fire.

Always a man of few words and armed with a killer smile that saved dialogue writers a lot of hard work, his on-screen chemistry with his co-star fed a host of celeb glossies. And above all, the soft demeanour has seen his popularity graph shoot up in no time in the starry world.

In person, Rajeev Khandelwal has to tackle his career that has now graduated from TV to the silver screen and of course, female fans. The hunk had a tough time tackling all the girls who came in big numbers for a sight of prime time television's 'chocolate boy' at a Vadodara multiplex on Sunday. For starters, a star-struck kiss by one of his female fans.

What brought him there? His debut film Aamir. But, Mr Cool didn't look perturbed at all and wittily remarks, "I had to keep my emotions in check, which was not an easy task!"

What made him choose such an unconventional film for his big-screen debut? "Today, there is a lot of experimentation in the film industry, which is good. There is no safe formula. Besides, nobody would make a costly film like Saawariya with me. I listened to quite a few scripts, but really loved the script of Aamir. I may not have a godfather in the industry, but eventually, talent is all that matters," he says confidently.

And how was the experience? "It was great. We shot in real locations. I loved every frame of Aamir. We shot almost 70 per cent of the film without any retakes. Also, it was an eye-opener for me to witness how cordially Hindus and Muslims live together," he elaborates.

So why did he decide to quit television while things were going so well for him? "It's not easy to leave when you are at the peak, but when do you expect me to call it quits? When a serial stretches on and on? I believe sincerity is very important and at that point, I was not enjoying those serials anymore. In the near future, unless something really interesting and different turns up, I don't see myself doing television," he shoots back.

So who's the real Rajeev in real life? "I am a very ordinary person who's very proud of his roots. I belong to Jaipur, which has a rich history. I like travelling, reading and am a sports buff," says Rajeev. Being a Science graduate, how did he get into acting? "I had realised that a chemistry degree won't really help me. Like my dad and brother, I wanted to get into the army but my form reached a day late. Now that I am here, my degree helps I guess, as the industry is all about on and off-screen chemistry!" he says in his inimitable style.

His next film is "a love story, which is a bit unconventional." Rajeev, who has directed documentaries, is "110 per cent confident of directing a film some day."

And what about his alleged link-up with Aamna Shariff? "Oh, I am so happy to be linked with such a beautiful actress! But I am single." Dream on girls!

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Can films work without stars?
10 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI photo) More pics
Raj Kumar Gupta's directorial debut has wowed audiences.

The thriller featuring Rajeev Khandelwal as the lead character has been hailed by many critics as an 'outstanding movie'. In recent times there have been other low-budget movies that have also managed to do well though they've had little or no star presence in them. Movies like Bheja Fry, Superstar, Dor and Parzania have all managed to make a mark at the BO. In contrast, mega-star flicks like Tashan, U Me Aur Hum, Halla Bol and Bhoothnath left many disappointed.

It's the same with multi-story movies; while Life in a... Metro and Dus Kahaaniyan worked, Salaam-e-Ishq was a box office disaster despite having some of the biggest names of Bollywood. So is star power less important now than ever before?

"Having a superstar still matters," says Vikas Behl, executive vice-president of the production company for Raj Kumar Gupta's movie. "But now the story and script get equal importance. We are a country of great stories and at times we lose track. But a good story always works," says Vikas. That's why he was confident of the movie's success even if the cast was all newcomers. "We did consider the risks but then we were sure about the story and the cast," he says.

But actress Mandira Bedi maintains that the number of low-budget movies that make it big at the BO is still small. "While there are movies that have succeeded without a big star cast, there have been many that have failed as well. I just hope the recent trend of small movies making it big continues," she says. She points out that Taare Zameen Par might not have been that big a hit without Aamir Khan. "It had a great concept, but Aamir Khan being in it added to the movie. Movies like Bheja Fry and Parzania are great movies, but they never were blockbusters," Mandira says. "The reason star-backed films make it big is because the stars still attract the audience. Small movies have to be totally dependent on the story and the performances," Mandira explains.

Gul Panag, who has acted in hits like Dor and Manorama... Six Feet Under, says that eventually it's the script and performances that determine the fate of a film. "Besides, how many movies can these superstars do? They can't do all the movies released in a year. Finally, it's the story and the performance that counts more than star power," says Gul.
LEENA GHOSH
leena.ghosh@timesgroup.com

type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
nram IF-Dazzler
nram
nram

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Thanx a ton Sunaina for sharing these wonderful articles HugHugHug
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nram

Remember guys, Rajeev will be chatting with fans today noon IST on Rediff chat and tomorrow on Indiafm chat @ 1500 IST... Wink

thnx for d info yaar Big smile

lrl rocks IF-Rockerz
lrl rocks
lrl rocks

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
guys 4 more hours left 4 me 2 watch the movieBig smile
lrl rocks IF-Rockerz
lrl rocks
lrl rocks

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by togepe30

Originally posted by lrl rocks

hey guys mumbai maine aamir ko A certificate meela hai

Koi baat nahi vaishu....tereko "A" film ka bhi ticket mil jayega.....Tu bachi nahi hai abLOLLOLLOL.....Yaha sab jagah to Aamir ko - U/A Certificate mila hai !LOL

LOL vandu i know mujhe meel jayegi..meel jayegi nahi meel gayi Big smile aaj janewali hoo review bolti hoo deekh kar Smile Wink par U/A meelta tuo box office aur accha hota Wink
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lrl rocks

guys 4 more hours left 4 me 2 watch the movieBig smile

wowwwwwwww that s great yaar ClapClap

waise movie dekne ke baad apna review zaroor dena Big smile

NidaRajeev IF-Sizzlerz
NidaRajeev
NidaRajeev

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:24am | IP Logged
hey yaar rediff par login nahii ho raha...........

when i enter my name this msg show (Please join us on Thurday, July 05, 5 pm IST.) Confused Ouch

Go to top