Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 122)

Bluefalls IF-Rockerz
Bluefalls
Bluefalls

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dhvanisoni

HEllo girls,

okay I just found a review of AAMIR...Aweome review..Tongue .but it kinda reveals a scene and climax too but not that clearly...I read it and but I dont want other ppl to read and and tell me I put a spoiler here...should I post it? pehle batao then only I will post it...or else it okay...I ll keep it bookmarked...and will post when the movie is released everywhere in India....bolo karoon?

Dhvani Smile

plzz dont post the spoiler here....its an ardent request.Let ppl solve the mystery after watching it.Else the thrill will not be there.I guess alll will agree with me hereConfused

Edited by SAHELIGSWM - 08 June 2008 at 1:20pm

Varallikka IF-Dazzler
Varallikka
Varallikka

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by dhvanisoni

HEllo girls,

okay I just found a review of AAMIR...Aweome review..Tongue .but it kinda reveals a scene and climax too but not that clearly...I read it and but I dont want other ppl to read and and tell me I put a spoiler here...should I post it? pehle batao then only I will post it...or else it okay...I ll keep it bookmarked...and will post when the movie is released everywhere in India....bolo karoon?

Dhvani Smile

no plzz dunt put ny spoiler here...let ppl watch it...putting up spoiler at this pt will end their int in the movie,,,so plzzz dunt

Bluefalls IF-Rockerz
Bluefalls
Bluefalls

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal
Director: Rajkumar Gupta
Producer: Anurag Kashyap, Deven Khote, Ronnie Screwvala, Zarina Mehta
Music Director: Amit Trivedi
Lyricist: Amitabh Varma
Editor: Aarti Bajaj (Aarti Kashyap)

EXCLUSIVE REVIEW BY HANUMANT BHANSALI

Rajeev Khandelwal, the heartthrob of Indian television marks his silverscreen debut with Aamir. He has earlier shown his class of acting in tele-series Kahiin to Hoga and Left Right Left. The film has been made under the banners of UTV Spot Boys Pictures and also marks the debut of director Rajkumar Gupta.

Visually, Aamir is very raw. The shooting locations can be related to the ones that an ordinary man comes across in his daily life. However, for an intelligent audience (which has increased in numbers) a good film can always expect appreciation, and that's where Aamir will find its success – in the heart of the audience.

Aamir is the story of an individual who is hit black and blue by the tides of religious waves and a web of introspected trap. The bullish attitude rises from the past from where he left his strength, and finds a new leash of life amidst the down streams of fears and tolerance.

http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/12834/movie-review -aamir-2008-2.html

Bluefalls IF-Rockerz
Bluefalls
Bluefalls

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Aamir
Aamir
story in pictures
Picture Gallery

'Aamir' -Worth watching

By Nikhil Kumar
Film critic, ApunKaChoice.Com

Now, here's a film that catches you off-guard and leaves you awestruck with its sheer intensity. 'Aamir' is a commendable movie coming from a first-timer.

Marking the graduation of television star Rajeev Khandelwal to the big screen, 'Aamir' tells the story of a Muslim doctor who arrives in Mumbai from the UK. But the minute he steps out of the airport lounge, he begins getting threat calls on a mobile given to him by a stranger. On stake is the life of Aamir's family. The only way Aamir can save them is to do what he is told to.

Following

the instructions of the fanatic on the other end of the line, the suited booted Aamir goes through the filth and squalor of Mumbai's impoverished bylanes, the red-light areas, the dilapidated buildings and the bustling markets until he finds himself in a dead-end situation where he has to either carry out a deadly act or risk losing his family forever.

'Aamir' is a slice-of-life cinema that mirrors the possibility, if not reality, how a harmless individual can be held to ransom and blackmailed into doing something seemingly beyond his morals and capacity.

The movie works primarily because its lead player Rajeev Khandelwal lends credence to the character with his finely nuanced performance – deftly punctuated with restraint and outbursts.

Secondly, the film's director Rajkumar Gupta does a heck of a job behind the camera. The movie, shot like a docu-drama, seethes with tension and restlessness in almost every frame. The camera jerks or lingering close-ups, or the haunting leitmotif tune on the violin, or the crisp editing – all blend in harmony to create a powerful, gripping audio-visual experience on the screen.

Definitely worth a watch.

Rating: ***

http://www.apunkachoice.com/movies/mov1109/aamir-review.html

Edited by SAHELIGSWM - 08 June 2008 at 1:30pm
dhvanisoni IF-Dazzler
dhvanisoni
dhvanisoni

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Okay then I won't post it Big smile Mujhe bhi readn nahi karna chahiye tha Ouch Confused ..but u know, in India also its not released everywhere how will I b able to watch in Canada?Sarkar Raj is released here and the theatre is like 20 mins far away by bus and 10 mins in Car LOL I had everything planned since last week itself...hehehe...told everyone at home tht we HAVE TO GO to the theartre and watch...no CD and DVDs from those Indias grocery stores...but...hai re kismat Cry

anyway....the best part of that review is this...

Another Award-worthy Aamir!

The movie is a little under one-and-a-half hours long, without any breaks for songs. There are three brilliantly executed songs that move along with the regular story though. Thankfully. Too many decent thrillers die a sad death when accompanied by speed-breaker songs.

Another thing that a fast-paced thriller can benefit tremendously from is a good background score. And Aamir has one of the most eclectic, and effective, mix of sounds I have heard in a Hindi movie for a long time. This soundtrack appears even more competent when compared to Sarkaar Raj, which I am told is only marginally better than the farce that was Sarkaar's score.

Apart from Rajeev Khandelwal, and a not-so-well-known actor called Gajraj Rao, I didn't see too many familiar faces in the film. I haven't seen much of Khandelwal's work on TV before this, except a couple of episodes of his game show and a part of an episode from Left-Right-Left. I know he was a big star on TV, and among the few good actors to have come out of Ekta Kapoor's empire, but not much beyond that. For about two-thirds of the movie, if not more, you will have Khandelwal's close-ups on the screen. One needs to be fairly competent to carry that off and still keep the film interesting. Khandelwal has oodles of this curious thing called 'screen presence' and yet at the same time appears to be this common man hit with this calamity one random day. There are two-three other actors with minor roles here who you might have seen in bit-roles on TV or in movies earlier, but this general lack of familiarity lends a greater degree of efficacy to the environs that the film is mostly set in.

I will not post the further stuff.... Smile

Edited by dhvanisoni - 08 June 2008 at 1:33pm
nram IF-Dazzler
nram
nram

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by anam_mehrun

hey frnds watch utv movies they r showing making of aamir

Thanx a ton for the infoBig smile

nram IF-Dazzler
nram
nram

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAHELIGSWM

Great Great

Glamsham
"...Not to be missed!"
Deccan Herald
"...Don't miss this one. You'll regret it"
Rediff
"...Not the Khan, the film. Gentlemen, hats off. Ladies, handbags down. On your feet, people, prepare for the ovation"
Good Good
IndiaFM
"...a remarkable film"
IndiaGlitz
"...definitely a must watch and proves that a good film in bollywood can indeed be made without songs and without any big names"
Andhra Cafe
"...a rare film, which provides us food for thought without burdening us with sermons on the quality of existence"
Indya.com
"...This fast paced, taut and gritty thriller can become a cult film and is strongly recommended"
Now Running
"...If you are one of those super-selective moviegoers who watches only three films a year then make sure "Aamir" figures on your list"
RadioSargam
"...Aamir's strength lies in its storyline and well-crafted plot"
Times Of India
"...THIS one's a surprise package with its thrilling pace, it's smart direction and its meaningful script"
AllBollywood.com
"...Good acting, cinematography make 'Aamir' a must watch"
Buzz 18
"...Watch it if you want to see something different. For people looking for some fun over the weekend, this just won't cut it"
Mag 4 You
"...a small movie but has plenty to offer to its audience"
ApunKaChoice
"...worth watching"
MTV India
"...Watch it if you want to see something different"
IBN Live
"...works because it's filmed documentary-style, creating a breathless, urgent tempo"
Stardust
"...a good film but has been made keeping in mind discerning viewers only and will appeal to them in multiplexes"
Baradwaj Rangan
"...Even now, I get gooseflesh thinking about it"
Average Average
IndiaTimes
"...is opulent on ideation but is not as rich on execution and most importantly culmination"
Hindustan Times
"...Brilliant cinematography – largely executed with hidden cameras "
Full Hyderabad
"...an excruciatingly slow movie "

http://www.allbollywood.com/v2/bd/stc/mov/a/825.shtml

These are all the crtics' reviews that aamir got till dateLOLLOLLOL
Shocked

Thnx for sharing the info Saheli...Out of all the reviews so far which I have read, the ONLY review giving a totally negative views for Aamir is Full Hyderabad review...Just like the film Aamir is a surprise package, this review is also a surprise package cos this is the only review stating that Rajeev didnt make an impact in the film...ConfusedOuch

There have been a couple of other reviews which had few issues with the plot, direction or camerawork but all of them unanimously commended Rajeev's brilliant performance as Aamir...I didnt get really upset wid this negative review cos while every single person is all praises for Rajeev's performance, this is only a single suspicious review undermining Rajeev's performance for whatever reasonConfused...u guys be the judge yourselvesWink

mz.jess IF-Sizzlerz
mz.jess
mz.jess

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
wht great reviews!

i cant wait to watch it! im so excited!

I made a sigg! for our awesome Rajeev Feeel free to use! Embarrassed

Go to top