Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 109)

binidoshi Senior Member
binidoshi
binidoshi

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by binidoshi

Originally posted by farislove

Originally posted by binidoshi

Btw just saw CNN-IBN..Rajeev Masand review...i missed a bit...he pointed bit towards the similaries with cavite n another film...but over all his review is positive...has praised the director n rajeev....gave it a thumps up..n rated it 3/5

I think he pointed the similarity between ''Cavite'' and ''Aamir'', coz many said they are similar....

I am proud of Rajeev, ''Aamir'' is an original indian story as I heard!!!!!!!!!!.....

No zee, he pointed out that aamir is similar to two films..one of them being cavite n the other is a phillipino film..i just couldn't get the name of it...but who cares..i haven't seen cavite or he other one either...what matters to me is aamir..n its a brilliant film

Sorry Zee i got it wrong, i just read another review n apparently cavite is the phillipino film that has been compared to aamir...n no other film....but those few critics who have compared it to cavite...have all said that it's a brilliant adaptation of the film...

angelic eyes IF-Sizzlerz
angelic eyes
angelic eyes

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
^^Thnakuu soo much for ur review Vandu..LOL..{brilliant}..LOL The other reviews and pics..Aamir truly shines..Thumbs UpEmbarrassed
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

thnks for d wonderful review vandu HugHugHugloved it Clap

and thnx for  d article and pics and everything etc ...........etc LOLLOLLOL

rittika Goldie
rittika
rittika

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
'????' ?? ??????? ????? ?? ????

06 ??? 2008
????-????&#2 344; ????? ??????
?????.??.?&# 2366;

??????? ???? ?????? ????? ???????? ?? ????? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ????? '????' ?? ??????? ????? '????????' ?? ???? ????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ???? '????' ??? ????? ????? ??? ?? ????? ???? ????? ????

????? ?? ??????? ?? ??? ??, "????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ????-???? ???? ????? ??? ?????-???&#2 358;?? ????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??????? ????? ?? ??????? ????? ???? ???? ????? ??? ??????? ?? '????????' ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?????"

???????? ???? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ????? ???? ??? ??, "????? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ????? ??? ?? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ??? ????" ????? ?? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ??????? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ????? ????? ?? ????-???? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ?????? ?? ????? ????? ?? ????? ??????? ?? ?????? ????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ???????? ?????

?????? ?? ?? ???? ???? ?? ????????&#23 25; '???? ?? ????' ??? ???? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? ????? ???? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??, "?? ???? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???-??? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??-??? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ???-??? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ??????? ????"

????? ???? ??? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ??, ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ?????? ????? ?? ??????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ????? ????? ??? ?? ????? ????? ???" ????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?? ?? ?? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ???, "????? ??????? ??? ???????? ?????? ???"
rittika Goldie
rittika
rittika

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged

Aamir (thriller)
Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal
Direction: Raj Kumar Gupta
Critic Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5

Reader's Rating 4 1/2 out of 5

THIS one's a surprise package with its thrilling pace, it's smart direction and its meaningful script. And yes, Rajeev Khandelwal makes a riveting switch from the small screen to the big screen with this film.

More importantly, the film covers new ground in terms of its story which throws light on the trauma of the secular Muslim who literally finds the ground shrinking beneath his feet. If his name makes him vulnerable to racial profiling, then his secular credentials become a bugbear for the fundamentalists within his community. That's the vortex that sucks our protagonist Aamir, a young doctor who returns to India from London, only to find a death trap awaiting him. A faceless voice leads him on through the hardcore Muslim-dominated areas of Mumbai and threatens to kill his family if he doesn't deliver a red briefcase to its destination. The doctor tries his best to run away, but suddenly the whole city of Mumbai seems to be brimming over with misguided soldiers of God who want him to join their ill-gotten crusade. Of course, when the moment of reckoning comes, it is the tormented man's individual choice which will determine his future ideology.

The film moves like a relentless thriller, even as the camera captures the underbelly of Mumbai with all its squalour and grime. Even the characters of the film - the drifters, the mercenaries, the thugs, the prostitute -- seem to be drawn from real life and give a slice-of-life texture to the film. Finally, it is the voice of sanity which rises above the wreckage and reaffirms your belief in a new kind of cinema that is throbbing amidst the bylanes of Bollywood. Truly, a smart debut film.

Edited by rittika - 07 June 2008 at 12:03am
rittika Goldie
rittika
rittika

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Aamir

Shubhra Gupta

Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal

Director: Rajkumar Gupta

What's in a name? Everything. Aamir ( Rajeev ) gets off a plane in Mumbai, is razzed by airport officials for his obviously-Muslim name, and gets sucked into a terrifying vortex of events, which take him from one seedy pocket of Mumbai's underbelly to another, leading him to his destiny.

Yes, it does look as if the film, helmed by first-timers both on the directorial and the lead actor front, has been 'inspired' by 'Phone Booth', but it has enough to stand on its own. The young doctor returning home after studying in the UK is asked at the airport: 'kyon, visa extend nahin kiya'? And that hits home, both with the hero, and with us, the viewers. Racial profiling has become a huge scourge, both at home and abroad.

A cell phone, flung at Aamir, becomes the weapon through which a shadowy character controls him. Taxis driven by a 'satka-hua' driver, encounters with a blowsy whore, filthy bylanes, overflowing toilets, become the points through which he has to pass, with an increasing sense of helplessness.

The tech specs are great. The characters know what they have to do; and so does Aamir, as he heads towards a searing, truly shocking climax. The film would have benefited, though, from a shorter length. In an on-the-go film like this, you need crispness at all times : there are not enough heart-in-the-mouth moments. But what there is, is a story which has something to say, and an everyman hero ( TV heartthrob Rajeev doing a good job of being hounded) believable every inch of the way. He asks that immigration guy right in the beginning : 'agar mera naam Amar hota tab bhi aap aisa karte'? That question stays with you.

sweet_shagun IF-Sizzlerz
sweet_shagun
sweet_shagun

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Thanks for the review......
I am too excited to watch this movie.......
Can i join this fan club!!

Luv,

Shagun
rittika Goldie
rittika
rittika

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweet_shagun

Thanks for the review......
I am too excited to watch this movie.......
Can i join this fan club!!

Luv,

Shagun

You are most welcome to join the fanclub Shagun... We will add your name.

WelcomeHug

Go to top