Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
luv da way u write n da amount of suspense u leave da readers with is jus da rite amount 2 get our imagination runnin wild by cumin up with possible scenarios πŸ˜› da promo seemz really cute da way Prem is tryin 2 get her 2 smile n Muktiz jus gettin irrated with him 😳 update soon can't wait 2 read da next part πŸ˜‰
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Sabrinaa xo

AHH omg that was perfect!!
CANNNNNNOT wait for P-M's meeting and stuff!
Uffff continue soon and good luck! Will keep on checking here since im not active here anymore! :)

Thanks Sabrinaa...aww, why aren't you active anymore?  Anyway, hope you like the next chapter.  It'll be posted in a couple days.

Originally posted by: mandy07

luv da way u write n da amount of suspense u leave da readers with is jus da rite amount 2 get our imagination runnin wild by cumin up with possible scenarios πŸ˜› da promo seemz really cute da way Prem is tryin 2 get her 2 smile n Muktiz jus gettin irrated with him 😳 update soon can't wait 2 read da next part πŸ˜‰

Thanks Mandy!  I appreciate your lovely comments.  If this story turns out the way I hope, there will be suspense galore!  Will update in a few days.

SuhanaSafar thumbnail

Chapter 2

The morning sun beamed through an opening in the curtains and filled the small studio apartment with light.  Mukti Deshmukh's eyelids quivered for a moment before she slowly lifted them open to reveal large amber eyes.  She remained motionless for a few minutes with her head rested on her arm, listening to the city sounds outside her window.  Her eyes fell on the alarm clock on her side table, which flashed 8:30AM in red figures.

Sitting up in bed, Mukti tossed her wavy brown hair and glanced around the room.  Excluding her bed, side table and a desk with a television on it in the opposite corner, it was still quite bare.  It had only been three days since she had moved to Mumbai, and in another two, she would be starting her new job.  She needed to do some shopping, explore the city and buy a new scooter, all of which she wanted to take care of before then.

After washing up, she fixed herself a bowl of corn flakes and settled in front of the television, eager to check out the latest news headlines.  Flipping through the channels, she finally came across one showing a young man seated behind a news desk.

"Khanna industries owner, Dilip Khanna, has revealed that his son's wedding has been arranged.  The lucky girl is none other than Mishty Mittal, the daughter of industrialist Anil Mittal.  At his twenty-sixth birthday bash this Saturday, one of Mumbai's most eligible bachelors, Angad Khanna, will exchange rings with Mishty and breaks the hearts of hundreds of woman across India."

The image of a ruggedly handsome young man in a suit and a pretty woman in a gown mingling at a social gathering was displayed on the screen.  Mukti shook her head with a sigh wondering, Yeh koyi news hai?  She couldn't understand why reporters always jumped at the opportunity to reveal even the smallest details of celebrity lives.  Changing the channel, she finally found coverage of a meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and England.

Twenty minutes later, Mukti decided to head to the gym to revive her lethargic body before setting out to complete her errands.  After packing her gym clothes and a water bottle in a duffle bag, she left her apartment.

While running on a treadmill at the gym, Mukti couldn't ignore the feeling that the guy running next to her was staring at her.  She kept her eyes in front of her, watching a group of girls playing squash, and tried to ignore him.  The guy began to hum a film song and tap the handlebar of the treadmill, clearly trying to attract her attention.  After this continued for a few minutes, Mukti decided she couldn't take it anymore.  But the moment she glanced at him, he turned away to smile at the girl on his other side, still humming.  The other girl smiled back at him.

Mukti returned her eyes to the squash court.  Moments later, she saw out of the corner of her eyes that he was once again staring in her direction.  Appalled by his behavior, Mukti decided to do something about it.  She slowed down her treadmill to walking speed.

"Excuse me," she said, as she turned her head towards him again.  "Yeh aap kya kar rahe hain?"

This time, instead of turning away, he decreased the speed on his treadmill as well.  "MainMaine kya kiya?"

She gazed at him for a moment, taking in his appearance.  His pin-straight black hair fell untidily onto his forehead and his deep brown eyes twinkled when he smiled.  He was dressed in blue basketball shorts and a red t-shirt with "Gap" printed across it in large white letters.  Surprisingly, he appeared to be from a good family.

"Miss, aap kuch keh rahi theen?" he said to her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Ji haan," she replied.  "Aap meri taraf kyoon dekhe jaa rahe hain?"

He smiled once again.  "Woh…Aapki aankhen bahut khoobsurat hain."

Mukti was shocked that he was flirting so openly.  After giving him an expression that clearly said 'You can't seriously think I'll fall for that,' she turned away and increased the treadmill speed until she was jogging again.

"Maine pehle kabhi aapko is gym mein nahin dekha," he continued.  "Aap is area mein nayi aayi hain kya?"

Wondering whether she should answer him, Mukti took a deep breath.  Ultimately she decided it wouldn't hurt to respond.  "HaanMain kuch hi din pehle Delhi se yahaan move huwi hoon."  She pressed the upward arrow button on the treadmill until she was sprinting, hoping that he would finally leave her alone.

"Oh really?" he said, not taking the hint.  "Welcome to Mumbai.  Mera naam Prem Basu hai?"  He held out his right hand towards her.

"Mukti Deshmukh."  She shook his hand quickly, her expression unchanged.

"Aap zaroor yahaan actress ya model banne ka sapna le kar aayi hongi."

"Bilkul nahin," she replied, annoyed at the assumption.  "Mujhe Infosys mein naukri mili hai.  Network Engineer."

"Arre wahIs ka matlab aap serious, career-driven ladkiyon mein se hain."

"Aisa hi kuch samajh lijiye."

Prem opened his mouth to reply with a clever response, but the beeping of his pager interrupted him.  After taking a glance at it, he stopped his treadmill.  "Sorry, mujhe jaana hoga."

Shaukh se chale jaaiye, Mukti said in her mind.

Prem slung his gym bag over his shoulder.  "Phir milenge, sweetheart.  Waise agar aap thoda muskura den, to aap ka kya jaayega?"  He gave her a smile and a wink before turning and heading out of the gym.

Mukti rolled her eyes as she lowered the speed on her treadmill.  "Jaane kya samajhta hai apne aap ko!" she thought, irately.  Hoping she would never meet the strange man again, she continued with her workout.  Little did she know that in just a few hours, Prem would be her only reason for being alive.

Chapter 3 Promo

The young woman began to fall backwards, but Angad put his arm behind her and pulled her towards himself.  Her silky black hair grazed his face as he held her, just inches away from his body. Realizing that everything was okay, she let out a sigh of relief.  As she brushed her hair away from her face, Angad was taken aback by her beauty.  She stared at him with wide innocent eyes and chewed her lower lip nervously.

"I'm sorry, sir!" she apologized breathlessly.  "Main jaldi mein thi, aur maine aapko dekha hi nahin."

"It's okay," Angad responded, releasing her from his grip.  The identification badge on her jacket caught his eye.  Kripa Sharma.  So this was the girl who his father had selected as his new secretary.

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 15 years ago
cheeselova thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lol..prem was flirting wid mukti. wen mukti looked at him for once i thought he's gonna tell her that he wasn't looking at mukti but the girl on the other side.πŸ˜† does sakshi the maid still live wid her? i think prem is gonna be her new boss? can't wait for AK's meeting. loved the part. it was awesome.

~Sana~
mandy07 thumbnail
had a ? was jus wonderin seein as how Angad is adopted n hez gonna start lukin 4 his real family he isn't goin 2 b related 2 Mukti somehow is he jus popped outta nowhere had 2 ask πŸ˜† but gettin bac 2 da update as usual it was greatπŸ˜ƒ omg imaginin Prem flirtin with Mukti n dat 2 da 1st time he seez her is hard 2 imagine but den again i guess shez prolly "hot" in dis ff rite πŸ˜† but i'm lik totally luvin Premz character in dis ff cuz he seemz lik da happy go lucky, flirty, sweet type 😳 can't wait 2 c how he changes Mukti into a more easy going, playful n fun person πŸ˜‰ omg Angadz engaged 2 Misthi 😲 but itz prolly more of a business sort of marriage rite πŸ˜• da promo seemz interstin can't wait 2 read bout AK update soon πŸ˜› Edited by mandy07 - 15 years ago
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
update karo na au wait nahi ho raha hai!!!
By the way amazing FF ...I am pallavi!!! Edited by livelygal - 15 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
nice part
lukin fwd for ak meet
AKForever thumbnail
hey great part.. continue soon πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
SuhanaSafar thumbnail

Originally posted by: iamsmart

lol..prem was flirting wid mukti. wen mukti looked at him for once i thought he's gonna tell her that he wasn't looking at mukti but the girl on the other side.πŸ˜† does sakshi the maid still live wid her? i think prem is gonna be her new boss? can't wait for AK's meeting. loved the part. it was awesome.

~Sana~

Thanks for the review Sana.  Yea, Prem is a flirtatious guy...but he's a good guy.  You'll find out about Sakshi soon...don't want to reveal it just yet. πŸ˜‰  There will be more about each of the four main characters in the next chapter.  Thanks again!

Originally posted by: mandy07

had a ? was jus wonderin seein as how Angad is adopted n hez gonna start lukin 4 his real family he isn't goin 2 b related 2 Mukti somehow is he jus popped outta nowhere had 2 ask πŸ˜† but gettin bac 2 da update as usual it was greatπŸ˜ƒ omg imaginin Prem flirtin with Mukti n dat 2 da 1st time he seez her is hard 2 imagine but den again i guess shez prolly "hot" in dis ff rite πŸ˜† but i'm lik totally luvin Premz character in dis ff cuz he seemz lik da happy go lucky, flirty, sweet type 😳 can't wait 2 c how he changes Mukti into a more easy going, playful n fun person πŸ˜‰ omg Angadz engaged 2 Misthi 😲 but itz prolly more of a business sort of marriage rite πŸ˜• da promo seemz interstin can't wait 2 read bout AK update soon πŸ˜›

Mandy!  You're trying to get me to reveal the mysteries!  I can't do that yet. πŸ˜†  Don't worry...it'll all be revealed eventually.  Prem was flirting with Mukti partially because she is hot (remember the actress/model assumption?) and partially because that's what he does with most girls.  Prem and Mukti will definitely influence each other's personalities with time.  You'll find out mroe about Angad and Mishty's engagement soon!  Thanks for reading and posting such a long comment!

Originally posted by: livelygal

update karo na au wait nahi ho raha hai!!!
By the way amazing FF ...I am pallavi!!!

Hi Pallavi...Yaar, abhi to post kiya hai.  Give a couple days at least.  Glad you like the FF!  Thanks for the comments.

Dark Love thumbnail
Rabia!

If you haven't already glanced at the username...guess who it is? XD πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Guess who's finally almost done with the most third most stressful week of the year? (Cuz finals and midterm are one and twoπŸ˜†)

The first thing I did when I got home was read this :P and I don't wanna be killed for not commenting, so here I go! ;]

Chapter 1

Woah woah woah! So did Saakshi just deliver Namrata's baby in the middle of a forest! :o

How cool is that! This tells me there's gonna be a bunch of action in this one! Awww baby Mukti's description is soo cutee!

Saakshi's a sweet maid, usually, many of em aren't as considerate as to give the wife privacy while she talks to her husband πŸ˜†

What's SPC? And where's Shekhar? And seems like their lives are in danger, so is that why they're separate? Shehkar wants his wife and child to be safe, so he hid em.

So since Namrata dropped the phone, did Shehkar hear her words? πŸ˜‰

I wonder where Saakshi will end up taking Mukti! And what will happen to Namrata!

Ahh this is bothering me! Continue soon soon soon! The chapter was just as I expected it to be - Rabia style - detailed, well -written, and imaginable! =D

Chapter 2

This one was perfect in the descriptive category, and the imagery was just beautiful! Like I've told you before, I've never watched KZK, so I'm not familiar with this couple much, but since I've seen pictures, I could imagine them in my head, and what I loved the most about the character descriptions was the fact that I could picture it all, like Mukti's wavy hair and Prem's GAP shirt and shorts; usually it's hard to picture people in a totally different way, like a very conservative girl wearing a mini skirt and such, unless it appears on TV or something, so your descriptions of them in average clothes added to the perfection!

I love the subtle foreshadowing with the whole Angad Khanna appearing on TV for his engagement and such, and Mukti thinking of it as worthless news. It sounds like she's either 1) familiar with who he is or 2) not familiar, and she could really care less. That was a great way of introducing the news about him getting engaged to! Those eager to know about Angad already know one more thing about him through the Prem-Mukti chapter! =D

News about the Prime Minister, blah blah blah. And she wants to be a network engineer. I love her attitude, but she's quite the nerdish πŸ€“ oneπŸ˜†

LMAO! Prem the flirt amuses me. He stares at her, and then when she turns he stares at the other girl. What an annoying guy πŸ˜† Mukti has full reason to be peeved by that one :P

Ah, he's one of those, 'I'm not letting you go so easily babe' types πŸ˜†

Haha! Poor Mukti's sprinting on that treadmill, burning more and more calories, pushing herself really really hard, yet the guy doesn't get the hint and continues chatting. Uff.

Model or Actress. Another flirting attempt! Tsk tsk tsk boy.

OMG! I am srsly LMAO at this one:

After taking a glance at it, he stopped his treadmill.  "Sorry, mujhe jaana hoga."

Shaukh se chale jaaiye, Mukti said in her mind.

🀣

And he still doesn't give up, love the parting line. Today you got a few words, next time you'll get the smile. The package doesn't come all at once. πŸ˜†
Aha! So he was checking her out! He couldn't have seen her eyes until she turned around cuz he was next to her, so lame excuse Premmyy boy πŸ˜†

Prem will save her life?! O.o! Okay, I don't like suspense (when reading, while writing, it's so much fun!) so you better continue soon!

I absolutely loved the chapter! After a tiring day, it's really refreshing to come home and read something so well-written with some sarcasm in the dialogues and some amazingly amusing scenes!

Your utilization of exuberant language really was the cherry on the top for this delicious strawberry ice cream :P (I sound like such a fat kid!)

Keep it up! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Chapter 3 Promo

The young woman began to fall backwards, but Angad put his arm behind her and pulled her towards himself.  Her silky black hair grazed his face as he held her, just inches away from his body. Realizing that everything was okay, she let out a sigh of relief.  As she brushed her hair away from her face, Angad was taken aback by her beauty.  She stared at him with wide innocent eyes and chewed her lower lip nervously.

"I'm sorry, sir!" she apologized breathlessly.  "Main jaldi mein thi, aur maine aapko dekha hi nahin."

"It's okay," Angad responded, releasing her from his grip.  The identification badge on her jacket caught his eye.  Kripa Sharma.  So this was the girl who his father had selected as his new secretary.

[/QUOTE]