India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

De Taali reunites Riteish & Aftab

surkikhani IF-Dazzler
surkikhani
surkikhani

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Riteish Deshmukh and Aftab Shivdasani, who did a lot of Masti, are back together with some more of it, in their latest comic adventure De Taali.

Riteish and Aftab worked together for the first time in Masti, a film about fun and friendship. Co-incidentally, the second film that the actors are coming together for is also based on friendship. Speaking on friendship, Aftab says, "Most of my closest friends don't belong to the industry. But that doesn't mean I don't have friends in the industry. In the industry everyone is everybody's friend."

So what is it about comic films and actors like Aftab and Riteish? Does their presence in a comedy movie guarantee an instant hit? Riteish says, "I will never say that films like Dhamaal, Hey Baby, Masti and Apna Sapna Money Money became blockbusters because of my presence in them. It's just that I was lucky to be a part of such good films."

De Taali also stars Ayesha Takia, who plays the part of a bubbly and intelligent Amu. Rimi Sen, who hasn't had any big offers after Dhoom, will be seen in this film playing the role of Kartika Sen. Again, she has not been lucky enough to bag a role of much consequence. According to industry insiders, the film's plot is slightly based on the hit teen show Dawson's Creek.

Anupam Kher, Saurabh Shukla and Satish Shah will also be playing pivotal roles in the film. De Taali has been produced by E Niwas whose earlier offering My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves bombed at the box-office.

De Taali is slated to release on June 20.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top