Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
great update
stupid chinmay!! Angry wht a jacka**
plz continue soon
jnawaz IF-Sizzlerz
jnawaz
jnawaz

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
hey all...its me again...sorry for not posting but im on from work and the ff is saved on my laptop...ConfusedConfusedConfused...was running late and forgot to bring it with me...have plans for tonight so i wont be able to post until tomorrow morning...OuchOuchOuch...sorry...

hope you all are still interested Wink
JAZ
punjabi.princes IF-Rockerz
punjabi.princes
punjabi.princes

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
aww thats okk..make sure you post it tomorrow Smile
Angelicgirl243 Groupbie
Angelicgirl243
Angelicgirl243

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:59am | IP Logged
gr8 update really touched the heart it was so sad. cnt w8 for ur next update.
Sallu- IF-Dazzler
Sallu-
Sallu-

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 8:19am | IP Logged
......dats okay ..be sure to post it soon tho.....
i will never stop being interestead in ur ff's ss dey are heart throbbing and excellent ..!
jnawaz IF-Sizzlerz
jnawaz
jnawaz

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 10:05am | IP Logged
ok guys...or gals LOL...thanks to all that left behind comments...you all rock!...and thanks for understanding the delay...love you all Hug

...here is the next part...hope you all enjoy...looking forward to comments Embarrassed

Part 7

Mausam

Zindagi ne zindagi bhar gham diyeh

Jitne bhi mausam diyeh, saab naam diyeh.

Jaab tarapta hai khabi, aapna koi

Khun ke asoon, rulade bebasi

Jee ke phir kaarna kya, mujhko aaisi zindagi

Jisne zakhmoon ko nahin marham diyeh

Jitne bhi mausam diyeh, saab naam diyeh

Aapne bhi pesh aaye, humse ajnaabi

Waqt ki sazish, koi samja nahin

Be irada kuch khataien humse hogayi

Rah mein pathar meri har dum diyeh

Ek mukammal kash-ma-kash hai zindagi

Ussne hume ki khabi naa dosti

Jaab milli mujhko asoon ki woh taufe degayi

Haasn sake aaise mauke kaam diyeh

Encino, Ca. – Nancy's Residence 9:30am (next morning)

She could feel the glass slashing her cheek, she could feel the pebbles poking at the delicate skin on the soles of her feet, she could feel the coldness of the concrete pavement under herself; she could hear herself screaming at Chinmay to stop, she could hear the sounds of glass shattering, she could hear the car horns honking, she could hear the waves crashing onto the beach; she could hear a voice calling out to her in concern and love…she could hear Ranbir.

Kanya woke up with a start in a cold sweat, nearly gasping for air. After a second she realized that it was all a dream, no…it was a nightmare. She looked around trying to orient herself but found that the more she saw, the more disoriented she became. Trying to figure out where she was, why she was there and what happened last night was making her mind spin. It wasn't until she finally saw Nancy come out of the bathroom, drying her hair that it hit Kanya about where she was…in Nancy's studio apartment.

"Hey you, how are you feeling?" Nancy asked as she took a seat next to Kanya on the bed.

"Umm…I don't know. I have a head ache and I am sore all over." Kanya looked down at herself and saw that she was in a white and pink knee length night-tee from Victoria's Secret; she was covered from the thighs down by a blue blanket. Kanya began fixing her messed up hair, "Nancy, how did I end up here?" she asked. Nancy remained silent. "What's up? Why are your so quite? In all the years that I have known y…" Kanya's sentence died half way out as she let out a small gasp; her fingers had come in contact with the half fresh wound on her cheek.

Nancy looked up at Kanya the second that she had stopped talking and gasped. When her eyes met with Kanya's eyes she could already see the fear in them. Kanya ran her fingers delicately across the length of the cut on her cheek, feeling the inflammation and dry blood around it. Her mouth formed the shape of an 'O', which she tried to cover with a trembling hand.

The look in Kanya's eyes told Nancy what she was thinking; realization finally dawned on Kanya about what had happened last night between her and Chinmay. Tears came to here eyes, ready to fall at any second. She pulled her knees up to her chest and held them together with her arms; her body rocked back and forth almost at its own will.

The scenes from last night played in Kanya's mind like a Technicolor movie, complete with sound and effects; it all came rushing back with the speed of a freight train. She remembered coming home to a dark house, she remembered Chinmay. throwing the glass liquor bottle at her and the bottle shattering and cutting her cheek, she remembered her screams and protests as she pleaded with Chinmay to let her go, she remembered Chinmay tearing at her clothes, biting and scratching her as he forced himself on her, she remembered lying on the floor of her living room, barely dressed, as Chinmay stood up, zipped his pants, took his keys and slammed the door as he left; but that was all she remembered…it was more then enough as far as she was concerned.

Nancy was at Kanya's side in a second after she had heard her gasp. Nancy took Kanya's rocking body into her arms and just hugged her. Kanya fell into Nancy comforting arms, after a while, and let her tears fall, there was no holding them back. Nancy could do nothing but try and sooth her by holding her and stroking her hair.

"Shh…it's going to be ok."  Nancy whispered after some time.

"Why me? Why do these things keep happening to me? Why does he hate me so much? What did I ever do to him?" All Kanya could do was ask these questions over and over again as she wept in Nancy's arms.

After some time Kanya's heart wrenching sobs and died down to sniffles, and she pulled away from Nancy. Kanya glanced at the time and saw that both she and Nancy should have been at work nearly an hour ago.

"Oh my God! We have to get to work!" Kanya said as she attempted to pull back the covers and get out of bed.

"Hell no we don't! Have you seen yourself? You cannot go into work like this." Nancy yelled back, causing Kanya to stop herself. "Besides, I already called Mr. Randal and told him that neither of us would be in due to an emergency, which I couldn't specify."

"You must really be worried about me, you just called Mr. Randal, 'Mr. Randal' and not 'Mr. Stick Up His Ass'" Kanya said.

"Well…" Nancy didn't really have an answer because Kanya was right. In all the years she worked for Mr. Randal, she had always referred to him as Mr. SUHA.

This was just the kind of thing that Kanya needed to take her mind off of the Chinmay situation. The girls looked at each other and fell into a fit of laughter as they remembered the annoying boss. They laughed for a while, but soon the laughter subsided and each girl was left catching her breath. They both ended up with smiles on their faces, but that didn't last long. Kanya's eyes soon filled with tears once again and she began sobbing, and Nancy took Kanya into her arms as held her; it was all she could do, although she wished to do more…much more.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hollywood CA. Angels Hotel – (same time frame)

The night that Ranbir thought was never going to pass, had finally passed and the new day was christened with the sun's rays illuminating the world. What seemed like countless hours had passed since Ranbir had left his Kiya with Nancy and driven himself back to the hotel. Ranbir slowly looked around the room and noticed just what kind of havoc he had created. After his encounter with Kanya at the beach, and after hearing the revelations that Nancy had made to him, Ranbir could take it no longer.

Ranbir had been seething with anger while he was driving home; if he had the power he would have punched his steering wheel right through to the engine. When he finally reached the hotel he nearly ran up the stairs because he didn't have the patience to wait for the elevator. He had barely heard the hotel staff greet him as he brushed past each and every person. He whipped out his hotel key-card and opened his door, and not a moment too soon; as soon as he was inside he closed the door with force and bolted it shut. 

For a minute or two Ranbir just paced back and forth in his room; his breathing was getting more and more ragged as the seconds passed and the nights events really seeped into his body. He let out a frustrated groan and wanted to pull his hair out because there was nothing he could do to help Kanya until she asked for it. Not knowing what to do, and in need to venting his anger Ranbir grabbed the first thing that came within his reach…a crystal vase. Taking the vase he hurled it at the wall against which it shattered. That was it, that one action started him on his rampage. He had pulled off the bed sheets, thrown the flowers and vases all over the room, event the furniture was a mess. Nothing in the room was in its place like it was when he entered the room, nothing…except for him.

After his rampage Ranbir fell dejectedly into an arm chair near the window; that is exactly where he still was this morning. There were a few differences like his clothes being wrinkled, the sun was now out, there were empty liquor bottles resting on the table in front of him. However, there was one small difference that even he hadn't noticed, that difference trails of dry tears on his face, tears he didn't know he had shed in the night.

Ranbir had spent the entire night going in and out of a restless sleep. He couldn't sleep for the most part because his mind was so preoccupied with thoughts of Kanya and what he had witnessed, but some how sleep had found him. Every time he went into even the lightest sleep, he was awoken by horrible dreams of Kanya yelling out the window of a car driven by Chinmay, calling out to Ranbir to save, but as hard as he tired and as fast as he ran, he never reached her. It was so infuriating and frustrating that he wanted to pull his hair out!

He sat in the same chair, in the same position all night long; he didn't know what else to do. Now it was time to begin the new day, a new beginning, a fresh start; only problem was…he didn't know how; how was he supposed to put last night behind him?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Encino, Ca. – Nancy's Residence 12:00pm

"Yes, I will, don't worry. Yes, yes; if Kanya needs anything I will call you first." Nancy spoke into the phone, as she heard the bathroom door creak behind her, "Ok, no I have to go, she is out. Bye." She had managed to cut the call before Kanya heard any of the conversation.

"Who was that?" Kanya asked as she used a towel to dry her wet face.

"No one, just some stupid telemarketer; they were trying to sell me a subscription to the Los Angeles Times."

"Oh I hate when they call!" Kanya said.

"Yeah, well…Hey, I was thinking why don't you grab something from my closet and head on in to take a shower. Since I am already done, you might as well get it done too. As soon as you are out we can order in some Thai delivery and eat, ok?"

"Ok."

Kanya headed off into the bathroom a minute later after she had picked out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt from Nancy's closet. As soon as the door closed and locked, Nancy let out a breath of relief. Nancy knew that Kanya hadn't heard her phone conversation, but she still thought that she may have in the back of her mind. Nancy had been talking to Ranbir about Kanya. He had called numerous times since Kanya woke up. It took a while for Nancy to calm Kanya down and get her to relax. There was no way that Nancy could talk to Ranbir with Kanya in the same room.

As soon as Kanya got up to go to the bathroom, Nancy snatched up her phone and called Ranbir. Nancy got an ear-full from Ranbir about how inconsiderate, irresponsible, and selfish she was being by not answering. Nancy had to bite her tongue to keep from yelling back at him. She understood what he was going through after last night; anyone would be worried about a person they found in Kanya's state, and he wasn't just anyone, he was the man that loved her.

Nancy gave him and update on Kanya's condition, how she had been during the night, her reaction this morning when she remembered what had happened. From the tone of Ranbir's voice she could tell he was half relieved and half disappointed that she didn't remember it was he who had rescued her. Lastly, Nancy told him that she and Kanya would not be going to work for the next two days. She knew that Ranbir wanted to see Kanya, and the hotel was the only way for him to do that, but right now they had to consider only what Kanya wanted, and unfortunately she didn't want to see Ranbir.

Right now Nancy couldn't be thinking about Ranbir and Kanya's bitter sweet love story, she had something to do. Nancy picked up her cell phone and dialed a number and prayed that it was answered. When she heard 'Hello' on the other end of the line, she let out a silent prayer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angels Hotel CA. - 10:00am (two days later)

Ranbir was going out of his mind waiting to get a glimpse of Kanya; he knew that Nancy and Kanya had returned to work that morning. Their shift had started over three hours ago and still he had no sight of Kanya, hell, he was so frustrated, he would take a glimpse of Nancy at this point. He was pacing back and forth in the main lobby waiting to see someone. He knew that Nancy and Kanya rotated desk duty with a middle-aged man who also worked at the hotel. Ranbir glanced at his watch in frustration once again waiting for the change, because he knew that either Kanya or Nancy would be covering next. He watched as the door to the office behind the front desk opened and a female figure stepped out…it was Nancy. 

It wasn't who he had hoped it would be, but at this point…beggars couldn't be choosers. As soon as the other man left and the other staff members began their work, Ranbir made is way towards the desk, trying to be as casual and nonchalant as possible.

"So?" he said.

"So?" replied Nancy, who was busy working.

"Don't mock me! You know what I want!" he nearly yelled.

"Yes Mr. Nanda I do know what you want and I have already helped you in your quest. I told you this morning before coming in that she was fine, as well as can be expected."

Ranbir calmed down and blushed like a little kid being scolded by his mother. "So…no change?" he dared to ask.

"In the past three hours or so, no, no change at all."

A moment of silence passed between them before Ranbir spoke again, "Where is the bas***d?" he asked, his anger rising just at the thought of that man.

"Passed out drunk in some cheap motel in Vegas."

"Vegas?" Ranbir questioned, not sure what Nancy was talking about.

"Yes, gambling capitol of the world, Las Vegas."

"Oh," he said, "How do you know that? How can you be sure that he isn't here in Los Angeles, looking for her right now?"

"Because I just am." Nancy said, still typing away on her keyboard, not once looking up to meet Ranbir's eyes.

"But how?!" Ranbir asked, he couldn't fathom how Nancy could be so sure that Chinmay was hundreds of miles away, and not in this very hotel waiting for Kanya in some vacant room.

Nancy took a deep breath before answering Ranbir's question. "Relax; you don't have to worry about Chinmay, not now any way."

"But…" Ranbir question died half way out as Nancy cut him off.

"My brother, Marco, works for the LAPD. I asked him for a favor. I told him about what had happened and he was able to trace Chinmay's car to a motel in Vegas away from the main strip. As of twenty minutes ago, the car is still parked in the parking lot of the motel."

"How did your brother…I mean, how did he manage…" Ranbir couldn't seem to put his thoughts together at the moment.

"He has a couple of buddies on the squad, so they helped. It's like a brother hood, so when my brother needed help they all joined in. One of his fellow police officers knows someone on the Vegas PD, so they have been keeping him informed."

Ranbir let out a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. "Then…" Again, Ranbir's sentence was cut off, but not because of Nancy, this time it was Kanya. He saw her coming out of the far hall, near the staff lounge. She was buttoning up her coat and was holding on to her purse.  Ranbir quickly moved to the end of the desk, turned his back to Kanya, and grabbed a newspaper and looked like he was reading it.  When Kanya and Nancy began talking, Ranbir was thankful that was within ear-shot.

"I'm not feeling up for it today Nancy, I already talked to Mr. Randal and have taken the rest of the day off."

"Are you ok?" asked Nancy, her voice laced with concern and worry, "Wait a minute and I'll come take the day off too and come with you."

"No, no you don't have to do that." Kanya insisted, "I…I actually needed some time to myself, so I'm going over down to Reseda."

"Oh, ok." Once Nancy heard where Kanya was going, she relaxed a bit. "Now look, I don't want you going to your house after that, come here or go to my place."

"But…"

"No 'buts'. Chose one of the two, or else I'm not letting you go at all."

"Ok, fine, I'll go to your place."

"Good, you do have the key right?" Nancy asked.

"Yes"

"Ok, be safe. Call me if you need anything."

"I will thanks."

With that, Ranbir and Nancy watched Kanya walk away towards the main entrance.

As soon as Kanya was away from them, Ranbir approached the desk and Nancy again.

"Where is she going?! How can you let her go off by herself like this?!" Ranbir was on the verge of yelling, he didn't know how much more he could take.

"She is just going to see her parents."

"Oh," Ranbir said, "Do they know about Chinmay, maybe they can talk some sense into her so she will finally get the help she needs."

Nancy finally looked up at him from her work, "She is going to Woodland Care Center in the city of Reseda, it's a nursing home; her parents are quadriplegics, they are patients at that facility."

Ranbir stood rooted on the spot; Kanya's parents were in a nursing home and both were quadriplegics. Dear Lord, how much had she been through in these past four years? He didn't know what to say or what to do.

"What is the address?"

"I'm sorry I don't know. Kanya never talks about them much and I have never been there myself."

"Damn it!" Ranbir cursed his fate.

"She is going to take a taxi, if you hurry up, you can probably follow her."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Woodland Care Center – 1:20pm

Nearly an hour later Ranbir pulled into the parking lot of Woodland Care Center, just a few cars behind the taxi that had Kanya in it. When Ranbir had gotten a car from the hotel, he had been afraid that he was going to lose the taxi, but luckily that didn't happen. This had to be the one and only time that he thanked God for the traffic on the 101 freeway; the bumper to bumper jam at all times of the day/night used to piss him off to no extent, but now, it had made keeping a close eye on the taxi a piece of cake. Due to the traffic on the freeway, the drive that should have only taken 15 minutes, took one hour.

Ranbir gave his car for the valet to park as he watched Kanya go in; he didn't want her to see him, so he kept his distance. Kanya went in and disappeared before Ranbir could even get to the entrance. He walked up to the front desk hoping that they would help, even though he had no idea what the patient's names were.

"Good afternoon, I'm here with the girl…" for the third time that day, Ranbir was cut off by someone.

"Oh, you must be here with the Godbole family. They are the only Indian family in our facility." Ranbir was greeted by a peppy and happy looking receptionist, who couldn't be a day over 18.

"Yes, yes, the Godbole family. What room would that be?" he asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Godbole are in room 319; just go straight down the hall, make a right, and it's just past the third nurse's station. I think their daughter just got here as well, maybe you will run into her."

"Not if I can help it." Ranbir whispered. "Thank you," he said to the receptionist, who flashed him a cheeky smile.

Ranbir walked down the corridor and noticed that all the residents there were in their late 70's at least, it sent a shudder down his spine to think that Kanya's parents were in a facility like this, at their age. Ranbir had passed the nurses station and kept a watch out for room 319. When he finally came to it, he slowly crept up and saw Kanya.

Kanya was bent over her father's bed, as she kissed him on his forehead and greeted him; she then did the same with her mother. She found a chair and sat between the beds, one hand on each parent's hand. For a long while, she was quite, but then she spoke…her voice cracked and shaking.

"I don't know what to do; I am so lost without you guys, I need you. Where are you, Mamma, Papa…I really need you, now more then ever."

Ranbir saw the tears spill over, and it was at that moment that Kanya shot to her feet and nearly bolted out the room nearly running into him, but not noticing him at all. Ranbir hastily followed her out towards the main entrance.  He found her sitting on the little wooden bench right outside of the door. Her elbows rested on her knees, and her face hidden in her hands as she wept. Ranbir couldn't hold back any more, he had seen her in pain since the night he had come back to L.A., enough was enough.

Ranbir went and sat silently next to her in the empty spot. "Kiya" he called out to her, as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Kanya whipped her face toward him, and stared at the man in front of her. As realization hit her as to who he was, her eyes once again filled with tears as she threw herself to him and clung to him, whispering his name as he held her.

"Why Ranbir, why did it happen? They were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, and then some drunk driver…the accident…the phone call. Why me Ranbir, why does God hate me so much to give me so much pain? Why, why, why?" Kanya asked, as if Ranbir had all the answers.

Ranbir held onto silently, stroked her hair and just let her weep. The circumstances were horrid, but having her in his arms felt right; he finally felt like he was doing something for his Kiya.

"All you have to do is ask Kiya. Just tell me once about your pain, and watch how fast I take you away from ALL of it. Just once, just ask me once." Ranbir said, in a near whisper.

Just as suddenly as Kanya had thrown herself onto him, she had pulled back. "I…I'm sorry…I…" Kanya tried to talk as she wiped her tears and tried to compose herself. "I shouldn't have done that."

"Kiya, what happened…?"

As if finally realizing where they were she spoke again, "You shouldn't be here Ranbir? Why did you come here?"

"I saw you leaving the hotel upset, I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"So you followed me to Reseda."

"Yes"

"Why?"

"I can't see you in pain Kiya. I won't see you in pain. I lo…"

"Don't say it, just don't say it Ranbir."

"Not saying it won't make it go away, and it won't change the fact either."

"It has to, it just has to. I'm married Ranbir."

Ranbir's blood boiled at the thought that she had to gall to boast about that jerk in front of him.

"He is a son-of-a-bi…"

"No Ranbir, stop," Kanya ordered.

"Kanya how can I stop? You and me, we go back…we…" Ranbir tried to reason, as Kanya stood up to leave.

"That is the past Ranbir; you have to forget the past. You have to forget the pier, you have to forget that night, you have to forget the memories…you have to forget ME."

Ranbir was stupefied as he stood there like a statue. He watched as Kanya got into the waiting taxi and soon drove off.

He didn't know what hurt him the most, the fact that his Kiya had just told him to forget the one thing that meant the world to him, or the fact that she actually thought that he could ever let her go…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tu Yaad Naa Aaye…

Tujhe bhool jaana, jana mumkin nahin

Tu yaad naa aaye aaisa koi din nahin

Tera jaadu aaisa chaaya

Haar zarein mein, tujhko paaya

Chahe mahol ho shoor-o-gul ka

Chahe ho veerana alam

Haar pal hai maujudgi teri

Haar mausam hai tera mausam

Main karta hoon, lakh bahane

Par bin tere, dil naa mane.

Jitna tujhko main bhulna chahoon

Utna hi tujhe paas main paoon

Tu naa jaane, oh mehbooba

Main tere ishq mein kitna dooba

…Tu yaad naa aaye, aaisa koi din nahin…

JAZ
KC294 IF-Dazzler
KC294
KC294

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged

me me me

wah kya update tha?

Ranbir is sooooooooooo sweet... i hope that cops beat that chinmay up...

it was amazing pls continue soon

Edited by KC294 - 24 May 2008 at 10:17am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Fan Fictions Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index