Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

India-Forums

Banoo Main Teri Dulhann
Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

SS--BMTD and Meera: Birthday Edition: Pg-25 <3<3 (Page 17)

Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
^^ you being just your amazing self makes all the difference...ask anyone... LOL

indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
I beg to differ, it's not true! Embarrassed You're just boasting my ego too much! Wink LOL LOL
amalia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by inavars

Aww Simran, why were you so mean? Cry Rahul's no less. Why jump to conclusions so quickly? But then, he's always been possessive so it's understandable!
Its just his character..the only thing he feels insecure about...and he added 2 and 2, hastily yes but the 2s were provided by Meera's mom..also Meera always subserviently follows her parents.. He realized even after making a promise to him two hours earlier she went out with Tusher..she is soo submissive that she might have given up on their relationship...I know its the weakest part of the story..but couldn't think of anything else...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Nishi, I loved the way you described Meera's pain and tears.Clap
Thankooo...but this part was rushed and crappy..Confused Poor Meera..LOLDo I sound evil..LOLTongue
continue soon!!

Will try soon...Big smile

indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
nope you don't sound evil! LOL
Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 7:13pm | IP Logged

Dear friends, this is the last part of this short story. There might be an epilogue bringing the story back to present again! This is longgggg and to some extent boring..but since I am leaving in 5 days, I wanted to finish it. Had to tie so many loose ends…it became crappy….sorry!! CryThanks for all your warm comments. They meant so much to me, I don't know how express my gratitude! Thanks again for reading my SS. Love you loads and loads…HugHugNishi

Part Nine

Who knows where the road will lead us
Only a fool would say,
But if you let me love you
I'm sure to love you all the way.

"All The Way" -by Frank Sinatra

In the afternoon, Meera tried to keep herself busy by reorganizing her closet. She found the box where she kept all the letters and cards from Rahul. She started reading them; with each word her inner-soul gradually inundated into endless grief and abyss of emptiness. Her tears were like a youthful river in monsoon. She held the letters close to her chest and sat there on the floor motionless.

She opened her eyes at the touch of her mom's hands wiping away her tears and she saw her dad sitting in front of her.

"Why is our little princess this sad? Please tell us Meeru. It's been almost two weeks you have been like this." Her dad pleaded while her mom continued to run her fingers through Meera's hair.

Seeing her silence, he tried to divert the conversation.

"I have heard that you got another offer from another University. Where is that letter?" her dad asked gently.

"It's over there on the table where I left it this morning. Your daughter didn't even open it" her mom replied.

Her dad grabbed the letter and exclaimed joyously that University of British Columbia not only gave Meera admission but a full scholarship!

"Congratulations—well done beti, this offer is even better than U Toronto". He tried his best to lift her spirit up.

The word UBC sparked some life into her stock-still body.

"Daddy" she murmured and continued in the indistinct, weak tone, "Daddy please let me go to Vancouver, even if it's for a single day." She leaned forward and held her father's hands, new tears from her distended eyes followed the path of the old ones, "Please daddy, I would never ask for anything in my life. I have to go, I wouldn't live otherwise."

All the letters and cards she was holding on to fell on the ground. Her mom picked those up and looked at Meera with query filled eyes.

"These are from Rahul Mom. I ---- I love him more than my own life. I have to go to him and clarify and clear up all the confusion and misunderstanding. I have to see him for one last time" She couldn't speak anymore, broke down crying.

Her mom and dad just embraced her and stared at each other, with heart wrenching pain in their eyes seeing their only daughter suffer like this.

"Meera, tell us about Rahul. Who is he, where is he? What happened? Why are you crying? Please tell us, otherwise how would we know?" her mom said tenderly as her voice cracked while she tried to conceal her tears.

------

The next day the sun shone brighter and it felt like Spring in the middle of hot and humid Delhi Summer. Meera was ecstatic. She was going to see Rahul again and that too, soon. Her parents' voices echoed in her head,

"We always wanted you to do well. How can we create any hindrance in your education, career or future? We were just afraid that you might fall into some trap like Neera. We had no intension to trap you here or ruin your life by making you marry someone you do not love." Her mom said while she caressed her.

"You always did the right thing Meera. You were always sincere and mature. No parent could be more proud. We want you to be happy, successful. We have complete faith in your judgment. If going to Vancouver makes you happy, and if Rahul is the one, you should definitely go." Her dad's firm and deep voice asserted as soon as her mom finished.

She smiled to herself as she logged in to IF. Rahul was right, she should have told her parents about him earlier.  She told all her friends that she won't be active for some indefinite time as she is going away to college in Canada. Love_divz who recently became a member and who constantly praised Meera's FFs, sent her a PM and wished her all the luck. She asked whether she would miss her friends in India. Meera replied she won't. She is actually going to meet the person she missed most!  She was happy along with her friends in IF because her favorite TV couple Sagar and Vidya were also reunited after Sindura's failed attempt to kill Sagar in Banaras. Even though they were running from her goons, they were so much in love! Meera felt love is in the air!!

-------

"I am afraid I can't give you that information because of our privacy policy." The lady at the international student office said with a grim face.

After coming to UBC campus, she tried every possible way to find Rahul but in vain. Since classes do not start till fall, freshman students were not assigned dorm rooms yet. International student office would not give her his host family's address.

A dejected Meera stood outside the office building in front a notice board with various flyers and leaflets and advertisement etc. Then it struck her. May be I can post flyers for Rahul across campus!

Dearest MR,

Your M is looking for you. She is here in campus. Plea--se give M a chance to explain and remove all your confusion and misunderstanding. She never broke her promise, has always been true to you--only you. Please email her. Plea--se.

She posted her notice in all the notice boards across campus, coffee shops, student union buildings, cafeterias, everywhere. Now all she could do was to wait in front of her laptop in the library hoping Rahul would see her flyers and email her.

She met some "desi" students in the international student orientation and they invited her to a party that night. She hated going to these things but she agreed to join. What if Rahul was there!

----------

The party was so noisy and chaotic. Students from all parts of the world gathered and some of them seemed drunk! She cursed herself for agreeing to come. She sat alone in a sofa in one corner. No sign of Rahul here either. A guy came up to her and asked her to dance.

"Sorry I don't dance." was her firm immediate reply.

"You are from India, aren't you? Still Shy? I will teach you honey. Lets dance" he tried to pull Meera up by holding her hand.

"Let go of me. I am NOT interested in dancing with you." Meera blurted out with irritation and annoyance trying to shake his hands off of hers, but his clasp was too strong for her.

"How would you know it's not interesting unless you try?" He insisted and pulled Meera toward the center of the chaos that he termed dancing.

Suddenly someone else embraced her shoulder, "She is with me and she said she isn't interested. So.."

Meera instantaneously recognized his touch which she longed for like the scorched land in summer awaiting the first drops of rain!

She was freed at that instant and the next minute she found herself standing outside the building in Rahul's arms, with blurry music playing somewhere, magical moonlight making everything surreal, under the clear starry sky where Andromeda and Perseus shone brightly reflecting their eternal love for each other.

Neither of them said anything. She embraced him putting her hands around his shoulder and resting her face on his chest. Her tears rolled down and his shirt soaked them up as she listened to his heart beat. He held her close, caressing her hair. They stood there in silence, in embrace—never to be separated again! 

------

Note: Andromeda according to Greek mythology was saved from death by Perseus, her future husband. The constellation Andromeda is next to the constellation Perseus visible in the northern sky symbolizing eternal love. I love this story, had to use it somehow. TongueEmbarrassed

Edited by Isha - 28 May 2008 at 6:08am
amalia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Oh wow...I'm totally speechless! Clap

You made the end so amazingly beautiful!!! The way it all flowed together...seriously how do you manage to write so awesome??

I'm so so happy Meera and Rahul got together so sweetly, without words, it's the most romantic way! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I want to sincerely thank-you (even though I'm not supposed to) for writing this ff! You've made me so so so so happy, you have no idea! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

You know I'm going to hold you for an epilogue for this one...and I have the right na? Wink Embarrassed LOL

Luv ya so so much,

Meera Embarrassed

Go to top