Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

India-Forums

Banoo Main Teri Dulhann
Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

SS--BMTD and Meera: Birthday Edition: Pg-25 <3<3 (Page 12)

-CharriMango- IF-Rockerz
-CharriMango-
-CharriMango-

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Nishi, I'm speechless.
I really loved, but it was sad.
Your wrote it so beautyful<333
And you didn't ruin my day! LOL Embarrassed
Cont soon, and sorry because I didn't reply one the 4.part Embarrassed Confused

Love Charri<33

Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by charri7878

Nishi, I'm speechless.
I really loved, but it was sad.
Your wrote it so beautyful<333
And you didn't ruin my day! LOL Embarrassed
Cont soon, and sorry because I didn't reply one the 4.part Embarrassed Confused

Love Charri<33

Charri...you are such a sweet heart...Thanks a million!! Its okay, you don't have to say sorry for not commenting...I just hope you were not disappointed Wink Wink, Love you too...

Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Part Six

Meera woke up at the middle of the night. She felt dehydrated. She drank some water and tried to sleep again. She couldn't. Her room was filled with magical moon light coming through the window beside her bed. It was full moon. The sky was clear and she could see Orion, Cassiopeia, Andromeda, and Perseus, the celestial constellations Rahul showed her. He loved to watch stars! She smiled quietly. The stars reminded her of their first meeting.

It was one of Simran's parties. Simran threw parties for the silliest of reasons. That party was to celebrate the end of 11th grade. It was a couple only party, so all the invitees had to show up with a partner. Meera didn't want to go, she didn't like parties and also most importantly she didn't have anyone to go with. She was too shy to ask anyone and frankly she didn't like any of the boys in her class!  

But Simran would not accept any of her excuses. That morning she got a call from her.

"Meeruu darling. I have found a date for you."

"You are NOT setting me up with a guy again for the party. Last time I nearly died out of boredom and annoyance."

"This time it's different. You know Aryan right. He is cute. He is rather scared about being your partner for the party though, be easy on him. He wanted to join us badly and I said only if he agrees to my condition." Merra could hear her devilish smile celebrating an accomplished mission!

"This is pathetic you know, you are blackmailing guys to be my partner who are intimidated by me. This is so insulting." She said helplessly.

"What can I do? Why do you have to be so smart and come first in class every year? Stop being a nerd. You are so beautiful there would be a line of interested suitors in front of your house."

"Can't you excuse me this time?" she pleaded ignoring her earlier comment.

"Would you do that to me Meera? I can't have a party and not have my best friend attending."  Meera realized there was no way out of this as Simran would never give up and manipulate her using her trump card, her promise of standing beside her all her life! She regretted her stupid promise made in 5th grade.

"Ok. I will come. I feel sorry for Aryan though!!" she shrugged.

"That's more like it. See you. Oh, before I forget wear the new turquoise and purple dress your mom got you. I will wear a same shade."

"Aye aye sir."

At the party all girls were nicely dressed and were dancing with their boyfriends. Simran and Raj looked like a prince and a princess from an enchanted land! Aryan was clearly nervous and too scared to ask her for a dance. They sat on the sofa watching all the couples in the dance floor.

There was another dysfunctional couple sitting close to them. Aryan started talking to the boy. Meera heard his name was Rahul and he was Raj's friend. All of a sudden she was surprised to hear Aryan asking her if she would mind if he danced with Reeya, gesturing at Rahul's date.

"No,No; Please go ahead. Have fun!" she said earnestly, she really felt bad for him and wanted him to enjoy the party.

After they left Rahul and Meera sat there stealing awkward glances at each other and smiling courteously when their eyes met.

"Looks like our dates have deserted us." He said after a while indicating Aryan and Reeya disappearing from the dance floor.

"Looks like they hit it off well, good for them!" She smiled.

"So you go to school with Simran." She smiled affirmative and asked,

"You with Raj." He nodded.

"You are Meera, I mean Meera Sengupta, right? You write short stories?" he sounded excited.

"Yes, how do you know?" Meera was really surprised.

"Well last year in the interschool competition you snatched my prize! Your story was pretty good but my one was more innovative." Meera noticed for the first time Rahul was darn good looking, could give male models a run for their money and when he smiled its hard not to miss a heart beat. But is he joking or is he serious about the prize? She didn't give in easily.

"I didn't snatch anybody's prize."

"Come on! You wrote a love story and all the judges were females who are biased towards mushy romance…my story was a sci-fi…obviously wasn't good enough for them, I got to be second." He made a cute face smiling.

Meera suddenly got irritated to the core. "That is such a sexist comment! No wonder your date left you. Who would want you as a boyfriend!"

"She is my cousin." He is still smiling as if Meera's irritation is amusing to him, and added, "By the look of things, you are not miss congeniality either, your date left you too."

"Aryan is not my date. But that's besides the point. You criticize the judges when you don't win. And all of a sudden your date becomes your cousin. So convenient! You know what your problem is, your male ego and chauvinism. Just because you belong to the male species that doesn't necessarily make you more talented. Learn to live with the fact that there are smarter people than you and most of them I am sure are females!!"

"Hey no need to lecture me."

"You do need a lecture. First you insult the integrity of the judges because they are females and then lie about Reeya because she left you. You are in need of professional help you know." Meera didn't know what happened to her. She never behaved this way ever in her life. She was surprised at her own self!

"Whatever." A taken aback Rahul stood up and walked away.

Suddenly the room seemed hot and humid and super noisy. She went outside and sat near the swimming pool, dipping her legs in the clear blue water.

Simran rushed to her after some time.

"Here you are. I have been looking for you. I saw Aryan dancing with Reeya. You did manage to scare him off." She said smiling.

"I did no such thing. I think Reeya wanted to get away from the egotistic maniac so much, she stole my partner!"

"Who are you talking about Rahul? They are cousins. Raj made Rahul come to the party. Like you he hates parties. He is good looking, ha" she winked and chuckled.  

"May be, but looks can be deceiving. He is a mean minded obnoxious weirdo."

Rahul? No way. He is the sweetest guy ever, he helped me with my science project last year, even Raj didn't want to help me because it was so tedious and boring." Simran bit her lower lip looking suspiciously at Meera, "Hmm..Whats cooking…I smell something. Come on, out with it!" she said with a hand gesture.

Meera started feeling bad. She did over react. He was telling the truth about Reeya. Why did I pounce on him like that? May be because he was so damn hot and wasn't paying much attention to me? May be he was joking about the competition thing and I was a complete stupid and made a big deal out of nothing. "Oh stupid me!" she pulled her hair back with both her hands and at that moment she saw Rahul was sitting on the corner terrace looking at the stars.

She stood up as if in a trance and walked in his direction leaving a surprised Simran calling her from behind. "Meeru, what is going on? Where are you going?"

Meera didn't look back!

She went closer to him. He was staring at the sky in deep thought.

"Rahul, Umm..I am so sorry."

"No problem" He smiles and adds, "I am sorry too. Sometimes my jokes go out of proportions and rub people the wrong way."  

"What are you doing here?" She asked in friendly tone.

"Well this place has some advantage. I could look down to see you sitting near the pool and also look up and gaze at the stars." He smiled a crooked smile.

"You knew I sat near the pool?"

"Well to be honest when you were unmindfully staring at the water, in your turquoise dress with your legs touching the water, it reminded me of little mermaid, one of my favorite stories of all time. It might sound a little clich but only a girl can make that kind of a sacrifice for love! Sounds ironic, doesn't it, after our squabble few minutes ago." He laughed, this time a little loud.

She blushed and couldn't find anything witty to say, only managed to ask.

"Do you know the stars?"

"Some of them. I love gazing at them. That's Cassiopeia." He pointed toward the celestial 'W' in the sky.  And continued to add, "According to Greek myths she was a boastful and hideous queen who thought she was the fairest of all. She is up there as a punishment!! Isn't that ironical? I wish I were a star for my male chauvinism." He chuckled.

Something happened to Meera. She never felt that way before. She felt so comfortable being there. "Do you think I could be turned into a star because of all the ugly things I said to you?"

"It depends! I can plead to Zeus if you are willing to be my partner in crime."

He laughed and extended his hand "Friends?"

"Yes friends." Meera said delightedly as she shook his hands.

Dearest friends, that's the long part as promised. I hope you like it and don't fall asleep while reading it…Thanks a lot for your warm comments. Love you loads and loads..Nishi

Note: Greek God Zeus was considered to be the god of the sky and weather.

Edited by Isha - 23 May 2008 at 10:00pm
indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
NO ONE CUD FALL ASLEEP!!!

I loved it! I do see myself being a little over-defensive like that! Wink LOL LOL

But ah, it was so so nice to read how they met and everything!

You shud be in a good mood everyday if we get such fab updates! LOL

I won't say thanks! Hug

Luv ya loads and loads,

Meera Embarrassed
Little Foot IF-Rockerz
Little Foot
Little Foot

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Second. Approve ... LOL

Awesome update! I fell asleep in my two maths lessons today, but your update woke me up again! Tongue

I love their first meeting...I loved everything! Embarrassed
Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Little Foot

Second. Approve ... LOL Awww...you get the first reply...

Awesome update! I fell asleep in my two maths lessons today, but your update woke me up again! Tongue
Aww...Thank you hun...falling asleep in math classes are fine as long as you have a super smart, hoxy study partner..WinkLOL Just joking...I am so glad you liked it and worked like coffee for you...LOL
I love their first meeting...I loved everything! Embarrassed
Somebody is in a good mood today!! Yesterday I was like that..I loved everything, even the crappy episodes...LOL

Isha Goldie
Isha
Isha

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indiandoll89

NO ONE CUD FALL ASLEEP!!!
LOLI hope so...Wink
I loved it! I do see myself being a little over-defensive like that! Wink LOL LOL
Good, I am relieved that you can see yourself in the character...
But ah, it was so so nice to read how they met and everything!

You shud be in a good mood everyday if we get such fab updates! LOL
Yeserday I was so happy for no reason...It was a fun day...I don't know about the update being fab...but i had fun writing...the crappy edpisodes made me laugh, so this is no different...Tongue
I won't say thanks! Hug
Same here...a huge hug from me as well
Luv ya loads and loads,
You tooooo....
Meera Embarrassed
armulover IF-Rockerz
armulover
armulover

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Nishi....I think after reading this ppl may NOT be able to sleep...it was amazing!! hehe..

I loveddd their first meeting...too cute...

Continue ASAP...a long one like this..hehe

Go to top