Dabulls23

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Amey AMey Amey. Uski ek smile par main waari jaawaan Tongue Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 18 May 2008 at 10:40am

w4always Groupbie
w4always
w4always

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
i like shekhar a lot.. but was he said wasnt nice at all.. Amey just entered the competition , give him some time Cry
Shaky2300 Groupbie
Shaky2300
Shaky2300

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Amey is the best...he is just sooo good
gaurisachin Groupbie
gaurisachin
gaurisachin

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
He has such nice soft voice.Love it.
shabari IF-Dazzler
shabari
shabari

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vimlend123

Amey Date -- What can I say....let me assure all of you that he is really beyond this competition..and that his ouster will only happen due to the voting system.

My name is Vimlendu and I'm a student at Ajivasan. Amey teaches at the same institute and myself, Rahul Vaidya were all his students.

Even during his indian idol days, the only competition he had was from Karunya even though Karunya has less variations. I'm a singer my self and I say all this as I'm aware of all small nuances.

I've seen Amey right from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa days when Sonu bhaiyya used to host it.

He was mind blowing then and he continues to be the same even today.

For late comers, if you've followed SRGMP, you would remember that Shekhar of Vishal-Shekhar and Amey were competing for the same title.

While Amey went on to win the title, Shekhar was not even close to him.
He was not even in the last 8. No offence to Shekhar. He is good. But I just wanted everyone to know where Amey is coming from.

With him in this show, I'm not sure if I should be happy or not cuz he will now be judged by Shekhar which will be kind of auckward for Shekhar as well and I'm sure shekhar realises that.

FYI..Amey is in the same league as Mhmd. Vakil, Sanjeev, Vipul of old SRGP days. I just hope that people realize that they really have a star in the show now. Potentially, as a singer, he is unbeatable and the same has been conferred on him by eminent judges like Pt. Jasraj, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Pt. Shiv Shankar sharma, Lata Manageshkar to say the least.

I don't want to offend any one. Its just that I've seen Amey and Sureshji doing riyaz together and I know where he is in terms of talent.

Firstly, a big thanks for the post and secondly i am happy it  has generated 6 pages..i too was one of those who shed tears when dear amey was ousted for the lousy anuj in II......am happy beyond words to see my singer again....hope he wisely picks up great songs and becomes the winner eventually......Clapand btw please share some more experiences you may have had with him as a singer-guru.......we all would love to read them.

shabari IF-Dazzler
shabari
shabari

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Indian Doll~

Originally posted by w4always

i like shekhar a lot.. but was he said wasnt nice at all.. Amey just entered the competition , give him some time Cry

hey how old iz shekhar do u know?

He must be in his early thirties....if i am not mistaken and amey is in his late twenties....shekar is married with his daughter named BipashaEmbarrassed

pramm Senior Member
pramm
pramm

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:30am | IP Logged

For late comers, if you've followed SRGMP, you would remember that Shekhar of Vishal-Shekhar and Amey were competing for the same title.

He was not even in the last 8. No offence to Shekhar. He is good. But I just wanted everyone to know where Amey is coming from.

With him in this show, I'm not sure if I should be happy or not cuz he will now be judged by Shekhar which will be kind of auckward for Shekhar as well and I'm sure shekhar realises that.

Thanks for your post!

I am an ardent fan of Amey.....i loved all his performances in Indian Idol 2 .....i still cannot recover from the fact that he did not reach the final....his singing and his entire personality made a deep impact on me....even when his perf. is not flawless, there is certain appeal in his voice which touches you nonetheless...

Coming to your point on Shekar judging him, i don't find anything wrong with that...shekar has also proved himself in his field....a music director is the one who extracts performances from singers, they choose the singers keeping in mind the requirements of the song....they know which singer can sing what type of songs etc...also, i think Amey was the runner-up not the winner in SRGMP as you mentioned....

I hope he gets due recognition for his talent this time around....

shabari IF-Dazzler
shabari
shabari

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pramm

Thanks for your post!

I am an ardent fan of Amey.....i loved all his performances in Indian Idol 2 .....i still cannot recover from the fact that he did not reach the final....his singing and his entire personality made a deep impact on me....even when his perf. is not flawless, there is certain appeal in his voice which touches you nonetheless...

Coming to your point on Shekar judging him, i don't find anything wrong with that...shekar has also proved himself in his field....a music director is the one who extracts performances from singers, they choose the singers keeping in mind the requirements of the song....they know which singer can sing what type of songs etc...also, i think Amey was the runner-up not the winner in SRGMP as you mentioned....

I hope he gets due recognition for his talent this time around....

while we are here why not enjoy  two of our hero's song s,how he sang and excecuted it has left me speechless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLpPsA5_30I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rrEBxv0t0Clap

Go to top