Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Great quotes from Bollywood

hazel94 IF-Dazzler
hazel94
hazel94

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Great quotes from Bollywood

Shah Rukh Khan
"I am a blind fan of Tagore! Though I don't know Bengali, I have read almost all of his translated poems. He is the epitome of world literature. Whenever I feel stressed out, his songs and poems inspire me." -- The first thing Shah Rukh said after reaching Kolkata for an IPL match at the Eden Gardens in the evening.

==========

"Honestly, at first I did not know what it was. When my office got a letter informing us about the award, my assistant told me it was an award from some organisation in India. But soon after the news about the Padma Shri, when my relatives started calling and congratulating me and my parents got all excited, did I realise that this was a big deal." -- Manoj Night Shyamalan on receiving the Padma Shri Award.

========

"A lot of time people refer to me as another Smita Patil, which of course is a complement. But it's not right to compare me with 'one of the best actresses of all times'. I have done just two movies, so it would be unfair to put me in the same league. I believe this tag comes with a lot of responsibility and I am still nowhere near her. Still it is a great compliment." -- Chitrangada on the comparisons made between her and Smita Patil.

==========

"I can beat my father in dancing. Whereas acting is concerned, I have a long way to go. I am aware that comparisons will be inevitable," -- Mimoh Chakraborty, son of veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty, who made his debut on silver screen with 'Jimmy'.

==========

"Rakhi is having a good time that she is getting all good songs to perform on, but that doesn't mean that she is a good dancer." -- Item gal Sambhavna on Rakhi Sawant.

==========

"Give me roles that aren't fake" -- Irrfan Khan on a sweet, simple and straight farmer role offered to him by Mira Nair. 

==========

"I shield myself behind the pages of our revered constitution and law and the censor board. Bring in a law to ban such participation and we shall follow it diligently Mr. Minister. We fake it on screen. Diluted tea, honeyed water, an aerated drink, soda watered to match the colour of champagne. That's what we are actually drinking on set to simulate the whisky. Our intoxication, Minister, is in the credibility we bring to a drunken scene without being literally drunk, not to propagate alcoholism." -- Amitabh Bachchan takes on Ramadoss who wants actor to stop drinking on screen.

==========

"Aamir Khan makes me look different in Ghajini." -- Spunky Jiah Khan on how Aamir Khan presents her in a different avatar in 'Ghajini'.

==========

"Sometimes the make belief of mainstream seems a little plastic to me.'Tashan' is not for the lily-livered." -- Vijay Krishna Acharya reacts to critics' reaction to his directorial debut 'Tashan'

============

"This is a democratic country and everyone has the right to express themselves." -- Amitabh Bachchan reacting to noted script writer Salim Khan's comment on his television ads for Uttar Pradesh government saying "UP mein hai dum, kyunki jurm hai yahaan kum.

============

"I died when I realised I had to dance with Govinda for this song. On top of it, the film's director Ganesh Acharya was the choreographer. Both have done a million films together." -- Upen Patel and Govinda were shooting for the promotional music video of 'Money Hai Toh Honey Hai'.

=============

"I always wanted to be a teacher. In fact, I did become one in 'Mohabbatein', but today, my wish has actually come true." -- Shah Rukh Khan on the first episode of 'Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain

============

"Television doesn't become exciting because I'm in it. TV is exciting and that's why I'm in it." - Shah Rukh Khan on being asked whether superstars like him are changing the TV scenario.

=============

"I have no misconceived notions that I can be smarter than a kid. I don't compete with kids. If in the movies, you have to accept defeat from children. So, no I'm not 'paanchvi pass se tez' at all." -- Shah Rukh Khan on being asked whether he was smarter than a fifth grader.

===========

"I really want to encourage films whose subject is viable to the needs of society and those which have a meaning. I will try my best to help those people who have meaningful scripts but cannot stand on their own financially." -- Chairman of the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) Om Puri on the importance and need for meaningful cinema.

=============

"Working with children is an education. I have worked with them in several films and they never cease to amaze me. The sharpness with which they understand the medium, the natural ease with which they perform and their utter disregard for formatted performance is an absolute delight. There's so much to learn from them." -- Amitabh Bachchan on his experience of working with child artist Aman Siddiqui in 'Bhoothnath'.

============

"Salman doesn't care what is written about him. I'm not that kind of guy. I'm very particular about the way I conduct myself, especially about my marriage. Suddenly, I find myself fighting a lonely battle to redeem my wife and my image." Arbaaz Khan 

=============

"People are saying I want to be like Victoria Beckham. I think the talk started when Saif (Ali Khan) got himself tattooed with my name. David (Beckham) had done the same for Victoria. But honestly, I'm proud of my sculpted body. It is a look that I needed for my new film 'Tashan'." -- The new ultra-svelte Kareena Kapoor on hogging the limelight for her toned physique in 'Tashan'.

==============

"I love winning - whether it's IPL matches or films or a game of carom with my kids or the entire world. I believe my victory is God's assurance that I really worked hard." -- Shah Rukh Khan on his Kolkata Knight Riders' win against Hyderabad's Deccan Chargers.

============

"Normally a sequel begins where the first part had ended. But, 'Sarkar Raj' has no connection to 'Sarkar'. The scale is much bigger. If the first film was inspired by 'The Godfather', the second has no reference point and was a completely original script." -- Bollywood filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma on his upcoming film 'Sarkar Raj'.

Quote Martial for Madhuri Dixit
Madhuri Dixit quotable quotes
"My family gives me enough security and warmth. I don't have to look for it outside! After achieving so much success and fame I'm apprehensive about people's motives. I want to be sure that people want to be friends with me and not my fame!"

=======

"I have never bothered to find out who the other heroine is in my film at any stage of my career. Competition doesn't matter because I give my best to all my shots anyway."

========

"I don't want to sound presumptuous or vain, but I think I like Sridevi. I was the only other heroine who could break the barriers between the classes and the masses"

========

"When Hussainji narrated the script to me, I couldn't understand it. And I told him so. So, he worked out a storyboard and then I could visualise the whole film. You know the film is like a painting on celluloid." -- Madhuri Dixit on 'Gajgamini'

========

"I feel I am capable of much more. I guess every artiste feels that way. If you are satisfied, you begin to stagnate."

=========

"It's so ironic. When you finally achieve recognition, you hide behind dark glasses."

plz comment

amitsharma22 Goldie

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top