Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

(SHAHRUKH *KING KHAN READPG *46 (Page 36)

GIU*SRK* Groupbie
GIU*SRK*
GIU*SRK*

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Shah Rukh is all set to prove himself
Friday, May 16, 2008 | 8:35:00 PM

For those who think that Shah Rukh Khan cannot play anything beyond stereotypical characters, think again.

Shah Rukh's close buddy Karan Johar has challenged Shah Rukh's acting abilities by asking him to play an autistic in his next, My Name is Khan .

No doubt SRK will take inspiration from Dustin Hoffman, who played an autistic in Rain Man (1988). Rain Man is a 1988 film by Barry Levinson, which tells the story of an abrasive, selfish yuppie, Charlie Babbitt, who discovers that his father has left all of his multimillion-dollar estate to his brother, Raymond, a savant, whom he never knew existed.

Shah Rukh did not take long to say 'yes' to Karan. Our well-placed source in Bollywood says, "SRK can't wait for the film to begin. He is very excited about playing this different character." Autism is a pervasive developmental disorder, which starts off in childhood. It is characterised by impaired communication, excessive rigidity, and emotional detachment.

"However, he will have to wait, since My Name Is Khan has been delayed. Karan had allowed Aditya Chopra to start Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi first, so SRK will first free himself from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (opposite the 19-year old Bangalorean newcomer Anushka Sharma) and then get on to this challenging role," our source adds.

A source close to Shah Rukh says, "He's adventurous and dares to take risks, he dares to be different, and he dares to break all rules. It is a misconception that he is repetitive and does not like to play different characters. His performances in Swades and Chak De! India are the best examples to prove this point. My Name Is Khan will be a trump card in SRK's repertoire. Playing an autistic person will be challenging. Shah Rukh will have to do a lot of homework."

http://srkthedon.blogspot.com/2008/05/shah-rukh-is-all-set-t o-prove-himself.html

GIU*SRK* Groupbie
GIU*SRK*
GIU*SRK*

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan The Good Samaritan
Monday, May 19, 2008 | 4:12:00 PM

Shah Rukh Khan is playing Good Samaritan again.

The actor has rushed to financially help a Kashmiri Pandit refugee family, the Rainas. The family met with a dangerous car accident while travelling from Jammu to Delhi.

The eldest member of the Raina family died on the spot, while her son Deepak Raina, daughter-in-law Neenu Raina and their two-year-old daughter were seriously injured. The family is admitted in Delhi's Apollo Hospital. Neenu is currently in coma, while Deepak is critical and the child has almost lost all senses in the lower half of her body.

Social activist cum film director Ashoke Pandit learnt about Raina's misery and immediately sent a text message to Shah Rukh. Pandit confirms and says, "When I came to know about the predicament of the Raina family, I immediately messaged Shah Rukh about the sorry financial status of this family. Raina is a middle class family, and the cost of their treatment is going to be enormous."

Pandit says, "Shah Rukh promptly called me up and offered to help in whatever way possible. Within two days, I received a cheque from Gauri Khan (Shah Rukh's wife) pledging their support to the family."

When asked about the amount that Shah Rukh contributed to help the Raina family recover, Pandit says that he would not like to disclose the amount. "Let's not talk about that. Shah Rukh has helped enough. His moral and financial support does not need numbers," Pandit says.

Incidentally, this is not the first time Shah Rukh has responded to Pandit's call. Pandit says, "A few months ago, I sent him a similar message to help me with the treatment of a 10-year-old suffering from cancer. The child's single mother could not afford the medical expenses. Even though Shah Rukh was not in India that time, he immediately volunteered to help. Unfortunately, the child passed away before the treatment. Later, Shah Rukh himself called me to ask about the child. When I told him that the child was no more, he was terribly disheartened that he could do nothing to save the child."

"This gesture by Shah Rukh is an inspiration for me to continue helping people in distress. I must add here that the NGOs who are objecting to Shah Rukh's smoking in public are wasting their time. Instead, they should appeal to the government to ban cigarettes and liquor," Pandit adds.

We sent a text message to Shah Rukh, but he chose to remain silent.

Vickey Lalwani & Kunal.M.Shah, Mumbai Mirror

'No one can stop me'
| 4:10:00 PM

Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan Sunday expressed disappointment at the ICC Anti Corruption Unit (ACU) barring him from going to the team dugout and dressing room in the remaining matches.

"I like to hang around with the boys. I am very energetic. I am very disappointed that the ICC has stopped me. I don't know the rules. I'll tell only one thing. Nobody dare stop me from coming to Calcutta. I'll be here whenever my team plays a match at the Eden," he said.

The ACU officials had cautioned the superstar about going into the dressing room and the team dugout. He was, however, present there during the match and also sat for some time in the visitors' dugout.

The Telegraph India
Ruhihutijufan IF-Rockerz
Ruhihutijufan
Ruhihutijufan

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:02am | IP Logged
hey thanx for artiicles..and hi everyone.. Smile
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thnx for the articles giu
hey seema
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Cool Shahrukh Khan's new look for 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'

Aditya Chopra put on his director's cap after a long gap of eight years last Friday when King Khan and newcomer Anushka Sharma faced the camera for the 'mahurat' of 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' at Filmcity in suburban Mumbai. Fimmaker Yash Chopra was present there to lend his support.
Yash Raj films have a big hand in giving substantial roles to SRK which definitely gave a big push to his career and no wonder SRK holds high regards for the Chopras.
"To make films with Yash Raj, that too when Adi (Aditya) is directing, is an experience that is more than 100 per cent exciting. Yashraj Films is, and will always be, home for me and who does not love coming home," SRK remarked.
"This time Adi has again written a character for me to play that I think will become as beloved as Raj of DDLJ ( Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge )," he added. Shah Rukh is on a high these days busy with his IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders and TV films 'Kya Aap Panchvi Pass Se Tez Hai'.
Although much has not been divulged about the role and the film, we have SRK's weird new look for the film. Have a look at it and tell us what you feel about it……

Edited by fizzwizz - 19 May 2008 at 8:43am
Jungli Billi IF-Sizzlerz
Jungli Billi
Jungli Billi

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:43am | IP Logged
hey ppl Hug

extra hot sexy sigs fary... Tongue LOL love em!
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:45am | IP Logged
thank u so much hennu hello
Jungli Billi IF-Sizzlerz
Jungli Billi
Jungli Billi

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Hey fary.. wat's up?

I finally got my viewbie rights Dancing Embarrassed

Go to top