Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Anyways any new news of SRK.............
---------------------------------------------
PyaarSe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thought i'd drop by and say hello to my fellow srk fanatics. but u guys definitely beat me cause i dont think of him as a hubby   ðŸ˜† 😉 just a great actor and person 😊

name's roz btw. will try to visit more 😃 Edited by roygvib - 15 years ago
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
maria DO NOT even think of stanching srk from us 😡 ahahaha 😆

welcome to srk fc roz ahhahah yeah thakns for considring srk as great pserson n actor instead of huby ahahah. 😆 😳 yeah do visit here 😃 Edited by love srk - 15 years ago
srklicious thumbnail
SRK's IPL team may top profit charts
NDTV Correspondent
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 (Kolkata)
| | Comments: (2) |

The Kolkata Knight Riders may have disappointed in the Indian Premier League (IPL) but King Khan's team is sitting pretty on one throne at least. They are certain to become the first team to post a profit in the first year of the tournament, and no it's not just because of Shahrukh Khan but also some very wise marketing decisions.

Shahrukh Khan has certainly been the owner that everyone would die to play for in the IPL. The gift-giving continued despite the fact that the Knight Riders only beat two top ranked teams in the tournament. Four of their six wins came against Bangalore and Hyderabad.

Average results though have certainly not translated into below-average bottom lines for Shahrukh's team. KKR as they are called, have bucked all industry estimates and will post a profit this year. And much of the credit for that goes to its owner bringing his personal sponsors on board.

This is how the math works out. Kolkata's main expenses are franchise fees of 31 crore a year, 20 crore on players and another 20 crore on other administrative costs. That makes their outflow about 71 crore.

What Kolkata gets back is about 24 crore from the share of TV rights money that the IPL got from SONY. About 15 crore of the central sponsorships like DLF and Vodafone and another 20 crore in gate receipts.

This is where the Shahrukh factor kicks in with sponsors like NOKIA, HDIL, Tag Heuer, Reebok, Belmonte, Anand Bazar Patrika, Zapak and, Hungama all ploughing in between 4-8 crore each for a total of about 32 crore. That drives the inflow up to 89 crore which makes the profit at least 16 crore.

Most of these figures are based on estimates and will probably change when the final balance sheet is done but Shahrukh is quite confident that he has made enough money to think of his venture as a success, so much so that he wants to plough back some of the profits into a Knight Riders academy in Kolkata.

"But I had actually miscalculated the Kolkata public. I thought we would make an X amount of money with the gate receipts that we get, I am very happy to say that we have twice that amount and even more so at the end of it all being in Kolkata sees us through this with a lot of comfort. So I thank Kolkata... it's only because of the crowds at the Eden Gardens," said Kolkata team's owner Shahrukh Khan.

The Bollywood Badshah gets much of the credit but plenty has to go to the marketing whizkids whom he hired, which included the head of a sports syndication company and a former head of production from ESPN.

Incidentally Rajasthan are the only other team that will break even in the first year but that's because they are the cheapest franchise, which bought the most economical players. Moreover, they have spent half of what Kolkata did on advertising.
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv...8&Keyword=news

srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh still living out a dream
(Cricket News)

27 May 2008
KOLKATA — The dream of Kolkata Knight Riders might have ended in the inaugural edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) but it's owner Shah Rukh Khan is still living out a dream.

"Contrary to what everyone has said, this has been an immensely successful venture for me — both emotionally and profitwise," claimed Khan, the uncrowned monarch of Bollywood.

Khan claimed that it's company, Red Chillies Entertainment, has earned profit in excess of $50 million in the inaugural year itself.

"That's true as far as the money aspect of the venture grows. But even on an emotional scale it's been quite a journey. I have made friends literally the whole of Kolkata and perhaps am more popular in the city than even Dada (Sourav Ganguly)."

Khan dimissed reports of his difference with Ganguly and said that he always vibed well with the mercurial left-hander.

"Nobody should doubt Dada. I have said it before and I would say it again. He is a class player."

Ganguly had an average tournament but really finished on a high when his 86 not out against Mohali's Kings' XI Punjab allowed Kolkata Knight Riders to bow out on a high on Sunday.

"I admit our top order was a worry in this tournament. We never seemed to get good starts and tried so many opening pairs. We were also hurt by the departure of Ricky Ponting, Brendon McCullum and Brad Hodge. Then Chris Gayle missed out because of injury, so too Shoaib Akhtar, injury and otherwise, for most of the tournament."

Shahrukh professed he shared no animosity against anyone and denied not everything was smooth between Ganguly and John Buchanan, the coach of the team.

He did admit though that he was distressed when he was asked not to sit in the team's dug out because he didn't have an accreditation pass.

"I've been sort of an anti-establishment guy. I didn't like it. If indeed there are rules and regulations, than I should have been stopped in matches before. I find it strange that it happened towards the end."   Kolkata Knight Riders finished their engagements with six wins and seven losses while one of its' engagement was rained off. In all, it gathered 13 points.

Ganguly was it's top scorer with 349 runs from 13 innings at an average of 29.08. He scored at a strike-rate of 113.68 and struck three half centuries. —

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data /ipl/2008/May/ipl_May180.xml&section=ipl&col=

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
yay roz here hahah finally u r here 😆
OMg so happt for KKR thnx mario
Rukkii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
heya everyone! how u all been? 😉
xGunjanx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hi guyz!
Yea me happy too for SRK, jus read da article of Rani shez sho shweet!
@Fary: Loved ur sigg I'm gonna def use it its too cute 😳

Hi Ruksaar!😳

Edited by xxmis_ananyaxx - 15 years ago
srklicious thumbnail
awwwwwwwww ruksar ishere aww long time 2 cu here 😳
xGunjanx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi Meera!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😳
Mujhe chod kar kahan chale gayi thi tum?😳 😆