Kollywood Masala
Kollywood Masala

B'wood pissed off by TN Moral police

Dits Goldie
Dits
Dits

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:19am | IP Logged

Hey, I saw this special news on Zoom TV, sorry, so can't provide the link

Here's how some of the Bollywood actresses reacted to Mallika Sherawat's dress issue at the Dasavatharam launch.

Diya Mirza: They have no right to complain abt Mallika's dress

Malaika Arora: The media has always had a special interest in Mallika's dresses;I think its ridiculous.

Nandita Sen: Its absurd! Mallika has her own style and why shud anybody else interfere?

Hema Malini: I was in Chennai, Mallika's dress was good, but I thought it was too small(DUH!Wht exactly did ur daughter wear in Dhoom, lady?)

Shilpa Shetty: I got evicted from a similar issue, I hope Mallika gets justice too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kadhambari

jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:55am | IP Logged
When you are an actress and want to portray a certain image, and are a part of an industry where such norms are acceptable, why not? You go Mallika Sherawat while you're young. Kuch logon ko apni jawani yaad aa gayi, so what? There's a point in being and looking your age, rather than a hypocrite.
jigglypuff726 IF-Sizzlerz
jigglypuff726
jigglypuff726

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:31am | IP Logged

when you're in rome, do as the romans do. when you're in tamil nadu where moral police overrun, you should have enough sense to dress at least a bit more decently than usual.  if not you'll be dragged to court or issued a summon for no reason at all.

i know it's impossible for malika to cover up fully but she could have at least worn something a bit more appropriate than the bar dancer outfit for such a grand function. we don't hear the TN people picking on asin do we?Smile

i'm sorry i just had to comment on this one.

Malaika Arora: The media has always had a special interest in Mallika's dresses;I think its ridiculous.

haha.. malaika the bollywood press takes a special interest in your clothes too. you should know how malika feels, you both are birds of the same feather.

weren't you the same person who wore barely there clothes while performing for a children's singing show's finale? i'm sure you think it's ridiculous for malika to be penalised for her outfit too.

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 15 May 2008 at 10:35am
netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Thank ditty for the info Embarrassed
Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Agreed on that part about poeple can wear whatever they want...but there is also come thing called for respect and culture...when you attend a public function where a CM will attend..you should wear something more comfortable and show some respect.
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
You are correct when you say, when you are in Rome, etc... but I thought MS dress for the launch was oookay. I mean she was covered up in all the right places. Wink   I should say she was fairly decent. What is the big deal here. Sorry my opinion of course. You can contradict all you like. LOL Big smile

Like Jagdu says, she is young. Of course wearing something like that to kids show is plainly idiotic.

I am sure CM would have enjoyed 'watching' her Wink (and they do watch you kmow and it is more better if they are wearing sunglasses LOL ) without moral police going after her.

My mum said the last time she went to Chennai she got a culture shock. She was wondering if she was in India or in Europe. Young couple were kissing in public.  Moral police should take a look at them first if at all. What about the guys who are attending the functions? Kamal and Rajni dressing and they themselves looked atrocious when they attended Achi's function under CM's patronage. Is it because they are superstars they can get away with it or is it because they are men? (sorry Jagdu)

Organisers should have the sense to inform their guests on the type of attire the guests allowed to wear to a function attended by VIP. Yes, I know actresses should have common sense, but still organisers are obligated to do that. Here, if there is a function attended by VIP, when one gets invited, in the invite card, it is written dress code. Including instruction for men about their beard etc Smile

Edited by Caryn - 15 May 2008 at 7:57pm
Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Seriously, surely you should dress according to the occasion? Asin was just stunning - I hardly go ga-ga over an actress (says she who does not think Jyo could do any wrong Wink) but Asin was gorgeous, her attire was modest but captivating and she stunned everyone with her impeccable and easy switch between Tamil and English. Very charming.

Even so, the moral police (that very phrase is enough to scare the daylight out of me) should all be strung up individually over anthills covered with honey.

Honestly, ulagathile evalo pirachanai irruku, intha maramandaikkulugu vera vellai illai?
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
She was dressed for the occasion. Like I said she was covered in all the right places. In some areas there was no lining. But nothing atrocious.

I saw her last night in t.v., and she looked mighty fine with me. Big smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index