Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Getting Married!!

simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:26am | IP Logged

My cousin from India just called to break my heart, since he knows how much I love Ranbir he wanted me to be the first to hear this news

All over India they are saying Ranbir & Deepika are getting married!!! I was so shocked and didn't believe him but then he turned on the TV volume and I heard it that Ranbir & Deepika are soon to be married and Ranbir's parents approve of her

I searched online but didn't find anything so I am requesting anyone is India to please approve of this news as well!

I so hope they don't marry so soon!

the source where he heard this news was Indiatoday

OMGGGGGGGG It's True here is an article from Hindustantimes.com

THEY ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!

Couple effect: Bollywood couple Ranbir, Deepika hope to tie the knot in five years.
src="../Scripts/googleStory.js" type=text/javascript>
Ads By Google
language=JavaScript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js ">

ALSO READ

Love's all around

April 02, 2008

Ranbir, Deepika dating?

February 14, 2008

Ranbir dumping Deepika?

April 25, 2008
Minakshi Saini, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, May 15, 2008
First Published: 11:24 IST(15/5/2008)
Last Updated: 11:57 IST(15/5/2008)

Email

It's official. Bollywood's "it" couple Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone are engaged to be married.

Deepika, whose debut movie Om Shanti Om turned her into a household name, chatted exclusively to HT City yesterday via telephone from Bangkok, confirming that she and Ranbir are engaged to be married.

She spoke about their marriage plans, squashed rumours of a rift and declared that, in five years, she hoped to be "Mrs Kapoor and the leading lady of Bollywood". "It was love at first sight. We were introduced by a mutual friend and we liked each other but we needed time for our love to grow before we could make a commitment."

Deepika confessed that Ranbir proposed to her at the time of their debut releases in November last year. "And I happily said yes."

The couple met a few months earlier. She said she accepted because she was happy, deeply in love and the couple had the blessings of their parents.

"Our parents are happy with our relationship." With their parents blessings it looks like history may just be repeating itself. Ranbir's parents Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh met in 1975 on a film set and were married five years later.

She laughed off rumours that her schedule had put a strain on their love. The two squeezed in quality time a few days ago when Ranbir flew to Bangkok where she was shooting Chandni Chowk to China. "We read about the rumours of our split and had a gala time laughing."

She said some of the rumours had been hurtful. "At times it can be really upsetting. As we are open about our relationship, people should give some amount of respect to our relationship by not cooking up rumours," she said.

The latest gossip is that raunchy pictures of her with actor Upen Patel, aired on television recently, had deeply upset Ranbir. Not so, said Deepika, "Ranbir has already seen my portfolio and that was a shoot for designer Wendell Rodricks two years back when I was modelling. I am not ashamed of it."

The star said the couple had learned not to allow such talk to affect them: "It's ridiculous and now it has stopped affecting us also. We will decide how to conduct our relationship and nobody has a right to take us for granted and write any rubbish about us."

Deepika said while it was tough being away from him, Ranbir had been supportive and loving while she completed back to back movies. "Ranbir understands as he is a part of the fraternity. The gelling force of our relationship is that we understand each other really well."

She said they worked at staying in touch. "We respect each other's... (commitments) and fly down to meet whenever we find time."

The actress has just completed three movies. Her next release will be Yash Raj's Bachna Ae Haseeno starring the two lovebirds.

"We had a great time in Australia working together for Bachna Ae Haseeno. We spent some quality time together." They met through mutual friends when Ranbir was shooting Saawariya and Deepika was filming Om Shanti Om.

"It was love at first sight. We were introduced by a mutual friend and we liked each other but we needed time for our love to grow before we could make a commitment."

She said they still had a ways to go before they tie the knot. "We are on the threshold of our careers and have a long way to go."

Edited by simran1285 - 15 May 2008 at 6:28am

missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:43am | IP Logged
marry?
don't be so Naive Ranbir!!
beckytower IF-Rockerz
beckytower
beckytower

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:57am | IP Logged
ROFL Marry? Rubbish! LOL LOL Let's wait and see what happens after their movie releases Tongue Wink
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:01am | IP Logged
LOL LOL News channels these days...lolness!! Well, I am least interested to know about them but thanx LOL LOL
FallenAngelx16 Senior Member
FallenAngelx16
FallenAngelx16

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Awww I hope not.... You guys should look on the bright side, they're just engaged and they're career is just starting off, I don't think they'll want to get married so soon. They probably got engaged to feel that personal security of having a companion for life. They'll probably wait a couple of years and then get married, and no one knows what might happen within the time limit that they wait to get married.
Fashionholic Goldie
Fashionholic
Fashionholic

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:20am | IP Logged
This may be the first time that a bollywood couple have announced their proposed marriage, rather than the media speculating for months LOL
fanNO1 IF-Dazzler
fanNO1
fanNO1

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Punjabi_chic

This may be the first time that a bollywood couple have announced their proposed marriage, rather than the media speculating for months LOL

yes right..but what's the problem if they both announced  marriage thank God finaly both getting ready 

simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:40am | IP Logged
They are so young and so new in their careers I am so shocked that they went ahead and did this...I know the media speculated an affair but never marriage...I am sure the media people felt a "jhatka" Wink

Go to top