desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Kareena steps into Kajol's shoes

Kareena Kapoor is the new Czarina of Bollywood. With Rani, Preity, Aishwarya and Priyanka doing selective films, or no films at all, Kareena's become the hot favourite amongst filmmakers.

And the Czarina's on a roll, bagging films and collecting awards at the same time.

Apparently, the latest in her kitty is Ajay Devgan's second directorial venture which he's going to announce very soon. The actor-turned-director whose U, Me aur Hum with wife Kajol generated a mixed response from the audience, is reportedly all set to direct another film and this time, he has opted for Kareena instead of Kajol.
"Ajay and Kareena's jodi was a hit in Omkara. Distributors want to cash in on their chemistry. Ajay, too, wants to recreate that magic with his second directorial venture," says an insider.

The two are also starring in Golmaal Returns. And that's not all. If the industry is abuzz with Bebo doing Ajay's film, then there's yet another story that's creating ripples. It's rumoured that Kareena has stepped into Kajol's shoes yet again. "She is being considered for Shah Rukh Khan's much awaited film, My Name is Khan," says the source. Industrywallahs say that it won't be long before the Bollywood Badshah makes the announcement himself.

source: TOI

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kajol i am sure would either do ajays film or my name is khan 😊 ..u me aur hum was a great film kajol/ajay made it special..good for kareena if she does do one of them
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kajol is going thru a hard phase with her fathe's death.

So she is taking little more time but what are friends for...Can't KJo wait for Kajol....he wants to jump on the KAreena bandwagon even after teh sinking of Tashan..I am surprised.

I wish Kajol all the best..and anyways she is way up from this number games and the movie games...
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If its coz of her father, then Karan should wait for her.
But concerning your surprise about him wanting kareena after tashan...what does tashan have to do with anything? Are producers shying away from Akshay Kumar after Tashan? He was equally responsible for the movie's success/failure as Kareena was, so I see no problem. Besides, their performances were good. Just the movie that was bad.
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i'd love to see her in my name is khan....wud sumthing different...and i love the srk-bebo pair...their chemistry is amazing..

tho i want to see srk-kajol again after sooo many years...but i wudnt mind bebo in that role either 😳
priyankumupal thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I really wanna see Kajol and SRK again, i think Karan should wait until kajol can do the film. i'm sure so many of Kajol SRK fans would want the same. there are more of them than SRK Kareena fans i think.