Jalwa Four 2 Ka 1

Ronit Roy out of a telly awards?

rosewood104 IF-Dazzler
rosewood104
rosewood104

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 5:59pm | IP Logged

Ronit Roy out of a telly awards?

Ronit Roy 
Actor Ronit Roy is out of a telly awards function. Apparently, Roy has been shown the door by Ekta Kapoor, the producer of the show, as he demanded a whopping Rs 10 lakh for his performance. The awards are scheduled for May 17.

A well-placed source from the TV industry says, "Ronit was supposed to perform to the song Main Hoon Don. However, he demanded an exorbitant amount, which sent Ekta reeling. Though there was very little time left for her to hunt for a replacement, she did not bow down to Ronit's demands. They managed to rope in Bhanot," our source added.

When contacted, Ronit did not deny that he was not performing. "I will be out of town on May 17 and have informed Ekta about my unavailability," he said. When asked if he had demanded too much money, Ronit replied, "Of course, I will ask for money," and did not wish to comment any further.

When contacted, Bhanot said, "Yes, I am performing to the song Main Hoon Don. But I am not aware that I have stepped into Ronit's shoes."

cheers
resh

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top