Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I like Jaipur’s character: Rajeev

poori3 Groupbie
poori3
poori3

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo) More pics
Rajeev Khandelwal is all set to make his filmi debut soon and the Jaipur lad can't be happier. It seems Jaipur is equally happy for him. Recently, a rumour saying that he was shooting at Hawa Mahal for Aamir brought half the city there!

Ask him what his debut film is all about and he says, "I have read a number of scripts in the last two years and Aamir is the only script that didn't let me sleep at night. I wasn't prepared for this one and I guess the best things in life are the ones you are not prepared for. It is going to be a great film."

But what made him give up his very successful TV career? "I do work for the masses but when it comes to making a move, it has to be my word. In the TV industry, I couldn't understand the point of dragging a show for years and years? The makers of Kahiin to Hoga were not calling it quits, so I had to. Raj Kapoor had said that the show must go on and I think the TV guys take it too seriously. I think it is the creativity that must go on," explains Rajeev.

The actor who has long been linked to his telly co-star Aamna Sharif claims there is no woman in his life. "I am single. I just don't know why I am single, I guess I am pretty happy the way I am right now. Not that I don't need women in my life. I do and that is just to say that I am pretty straight and normal. But I am not seeing anyone right now. I have just been linked with Aamna and that to because we did a romantic soap together. Since I have no heroine in Aamir, I guess the linking game will not begin for me just now in Bollywood!"

But what kind of Ms Right is he looking for? "I like femininity in a woman, followed by her mindset. She has to have a strong individual character. She should not be dependent on anything and anyone."

And that holds true for his favourite city too – Jaipur. "I was born in Jaipur and my family is still there. My father was in the Army and we used to keep travelling around the country. Whenever he was posted at an out-of-the-way place, we would come back and stay in Jaipur. And all my summer vacations were spent in the Pink City. What I really like about Jaipur is its character."
And what does he mean by that? "It is just so pure and beautiful. When I say character, I mean its colours, its people, its food and its culture." And then he goes on to list a few other attractions... "Rawat's pyaaz ki kachoris, Nahargarh Fort, kulhar mein lassi, Raj Mandir and Choki Dhani. It is a sin to miss any of it."

The actor also loves the way the city has mixed tradition with modernity. "The original Jaipur, with its wide roads and heritage monuments, has beautifully transformed itself into a modern city. If it has forts, it also has malls, if it has temples, there are also BPO hubs... there is so much more to the city now!"
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Aww......He was reminiscing abt Jaipur a few days back and now the cursed blasts have taken place...Now look what has happened to the poor guy's hometown Cry Cry Cry

Edited by togepe30 - 14 May 2008 at 2:58pm
FallenAngelx16 Senior Member
FallenAngelx16
FallenAngelx16

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Rajeev is a huge heartthrob of the television viewers already, I wonder what the movie will do for him.
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 1:22am | IP Logged
^^He will become a heart-throb of film goers now Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ...Aint that cool enough!! Wink
royal prince Newbie
royal prince
royal prince

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 3:09am | IP Logged
really sad new jaipur 7 bomb blasts 13 may this day dehaster . bad time bad day.
but i am so ref rajeev and his family also saved .
thanks GOD..
i hope rajeev debut movie well every indian people like him.
best wish.
all the best raj.
i hope GOD help rajeev career in bollywood and all love and suport always with him.
amitsharma22 Goldie

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Mrs-KaranKundra IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs-KaranKundra
Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
i love hime man..................
i hope he does well
cameroon16 IF-Dazzler
cameroon16
cameroon16

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
I hope he does well too cuz he works really hard and his acting skills are amazing Clap
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top