MamtaB thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Favourite TV bahu turns hottie

Cute, petite and vivacious TV actress Prachi Desai, who is better known as Bani of 'Kasamh Se', is all set to shed her typical Indian girl image in her first film 'Rock On' opposite director-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar.

'It would take a few minutes for you to recognise me in the movie,' Prachi gushed with excitement while speaking to on phone from Mumbai. She says the movie, which also marks the directorial debut of Abhishek Kapoor, would greatly help her in casting off the image of a sari clad, ideal 'bahu' or daughter-in-law.

'It's really going to be different! It is a glamorised role of a modern college going girl and absolutely different from what I portrayed in 'Kasamh Se'.' Although it is her debut film, she is not at all apprehensive of being cast opposite someone like Farhan, who directed hit films like 'Dil Chahta Hai' and 'Don - The Chase Begins'.

'I know Farhan is a great director and this urged me to work even harder for the film. And, yes, working with a director-turned-actor was an altogether different experience for me. I feel he is a fantastic actor.'

On being asked to share her experience of working in a film after her stint with the small screen, she said: 'It's totally different from shooting for a TV serial where you are constantly time-lined to work for a particular number of hours in a day and that too under a lot of pressure.

'In movies, it isn't so. One gets much more time to think about each shot and as a result your takes are automatically better,' she maintained. So how was the transition from being a lead actress in a television serial to being one in a movie?

'The transition has been really fast for me. It was like a dream come true. I worked really hard in my serial and the reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. It is a dream for most people, and I am glad I realised it,' said Prachi, who walked away with the 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa' title.

Prachi is extremely happy with the way things are shaping up for her. She has also recently been offered a role in Abbas-Mustan's 'Life Partner'. She will be sharing screen space with actors like Fardeen Khan, Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Genelia D'Souza.

'Yes, I am doing the movie, but I cannot divulge any details about the role at the moment,' she said. According to media reports, she has stepped into actress Bipasha Basu's shoes for the same role. However, Prachi said she was unaware of any such information.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanx.,......... I dont really like her......I dont think she can make a place in film industry........ 😊
MamtaB thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She doesn't look like the bani we know. What do you think?
Barbie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
let see what she do in bollywood, seriously i dont like her.
farah91 thumbnail
I just love her, and she will become a big star in bollywood
i don't think so farhan is a great director becasue of amir khan and shahrukh kahn his two films were hit but othere film were flop. right now in film industry actress has to were short clothes has to do some intimate sceen but i don't think so bani can do it. i hears new that fisrt bipasa was offer that role in abbas mastan film but why she said no because of director rimy jeffery. i think she knows how this director is and in this film three female lead not only bani. so i think bani's charator is not so powerful. (phure kapde pahnene se koi abhi hindi film indusrty me tik hi nahi pata. to phir bani kaya cheeze hai jalak dikhlaja me dance kiya lekin pure kapdo me hahahahah kaun dekhe ga koi bhi to nahi.our abhi paheli film bhi relese nahi hua our itna asman me udna. ye to tay hai ki itne udne wale to uper se niche girte ahi hai.)
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: sadia_1990

thanx.,......... I dont really like her......I dont think she can make a place in film industry........ 😊

I agree!πŸ˜†

cameroon16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Is that her in the pic?
No offence but she looks horrible
Why did they use that pic of her in this article? I am certainly not the biggest fan of Prachi Desai, but it is better to show any pic but the one they chose. But the pic of her at Ekta's party was more flattering and showed another side of her in a better way.
Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sadia_1990

me too...but no offence to herπŸ˜†