Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Its all about Bani!

MamtaB Senior Member
MamtaB
MamtaB

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:25am | IP Logged

Favourite TV bahu turns hottie

Cute, petite and vivacious TV actress Prachi Desai, who is better known as Bani of 'Kasamh Se', is all set to shed her typical Indian girl image in her first film 'Rock On' opposite director-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar.

'It would take a few minutes for you to recognise me in the movie,' Prachi gushed with excitement while speaking to on phone from Mumbai. She says the movie, which also marks the directorial debut of Abhishek Kapoor, would greatly help her in casting off the image of a sari clad, ideal 'bahu' or daughter-in-law.

'It's really going to be different! It is a glamorised role of a modern college going girl and absolutely different from what I portrayed in 'Kasamh Se'.' Although it is her debut film, she is not at all apprehensive of being cast opposite someone like Farhan, who directed hit films like 'Dil Chahta Hai' and 'Don - The Chase Begins'.

'I know Farhan is a great director and this urged me to work even harder for the film. And, yes, working with a director-turned-actor was an altogether different experience for me. I feel he is a fantastic actor.'

On being asked to share her experience of working in a film after her stint with the small screen, she said: 'It's totally different from shooting for a TV serial where you are constantly time-lined to work for a particular number of hours in a day and that too under a lot of pressure.

'In movies, it isn't so. One gets much more time to think about each shot and as a result your takes are automatically better,' she maintained. So how was the transition from being a lead actress in a television serial to being one in a movie?

'The transition has been really fast for me. It was like a dream come true. I worked really hard in my serial and the reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. It is a dream for most people, and I am glad I realised it,' said Prachi, who walked away with the 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa' title.

Prachi is extremely happy with the way things are shaping up for her. She has also recently been offered a role in Abbas-Mustan's 'Life Partner'. She will be sharing screen space with actors like Fardeen Khan, Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Genelia D'Souza.

'Yes, I am doing the movie, but I cannot divulge any details about the role at the moment,' she said. According to media reports, she has stepped into actress Bipasha Basu's shoes for the same role. However, Prachi said she was unaware of any such information.

preetysadia IF-Dazzler
preetysadia
preetysadia

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:28am | IP Logged
thanx.,......... I dont really like her......I dont think she can make a place in film industry........ Smile
MamtaB Senior Member
MamtaB
MamtaB

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:29am | IP Logged
She doesn't look like the bani we know. What do you think?
Barbie_ IF-Dazzler
Barbie_
Barbie_

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:49am | IP Logged
let see what she do in bollywood, seriously i dont like her.
farah91 Groupbie
farah91
farah91

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
I just love her, and she will become a big star in bollywood
priya1978 Senior Member

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sadia_1990

thanx.,......... I dont really like her......I dont think she can make a place in film industry........ Smile

I agree!LOL

cameroon16 IF-Dazzler
cameroon16
cameroon16

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Is that her in the pic?
No offence but she looks horrible

Go to top