Harry Potter

~*Saying of the Fortnight-Harry Potter*~

~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged
~*Saying of the Fortnight*~

Welcome to the first Saying of the Fortnight!!!!!Hug

This is one of the new activities which the Development Team has in store of all the HP membersBig smile

What is this "Saying of the Fortnight", you ask.

Well, its just your analysis, thoughts, feelings, interpretations of a dialogue which is said by the Character of the Month, who, this month,is the Boy-Who-Lived aka Harry Potter.

So wasting no time further, let me tell you the Saying of the Fortnight..............

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

This was said by Harry Potter in Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter Five, when he is about to board the Hogwarts Express and is stopped by Mr Weasley,who warns him about Sirius Black.
The lines prior to the above quote are:         
  • "Harry, swear to me you won't go looking for Black." Mr. Weasley

• "Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?" Harry

So now put on your thinking caps and start interpreting.......

• Does trouble, indeed, look for Harry? Or is it the other way around?
  • Are there any situations where Harry could have avoided trouble, if he wasnt soooooo goody-goody?
  • Do you think that the above quote is fully appropriate or not for Harry?

These questions would help you to inculcate the idea of the quote much better. So guys, please start posting your opinions on the above quoteBig smile

Hope you like our new activityBig smile Please do post your suggestions or comments about the Saying of the FortnightBig smile

With loads of love,
Big smileHP Development TeamBig smile
Sam, Ammu, Misha and Manshi

Edited by ~*Manshi*~ - 14 May 2008 at 10:32am

Rah_HuJu IF-Rockerz
Rah_HuJu
Rah_HuJu

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
I think it's an awesome way to make people get really thinking Clap Clap

I, for one, definitely think that Harry doesn't go looking for trouble....although he has this desire to always save people's lives & put others before him, he only does this when he ends up in trouble himself or the peeople closest to him are in danger of any kind...he never purposely creates any trouble....he's always instigated....so I totally support Harry when he says he doesn't go looking for trouble...it finds him....
tukz_REmix IF-Rockerz
tukz_REmix
tukz_REmix

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*Manshi*~

Does trouble, indeed, look for Harry? Or is it the other way around?yah usually touble finds harry....harry is not like a vry hmm carefree boy...he likes to avoid trouble as much as possible.....but the thng is trouble loves harry too much n is like dat dog in hutch ad......u n me always in dis worldBig smileBig smileBig smile Are there any situations where Harry could have avoided trouble, if he wasnt soooooo goody-goody?hmmm w888...lemme remember...well may b in 1st prt he cud hav avoided it...but its harry....u he gotta save evrythn n evry1...hmm so its liek ok
  • Do you think that the above quote is fully appropriate or not for Harry?hmm ya.....cuz as i sed b4...toruble is really fond of harry...n likes to follow him evrywere....so its quite appropiate for harry

firstly weeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllll dooone devt eam............superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbb bbbbb.......dis is really abrillllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnttttttttt idea.......................wooooooooonnnddeeeerrrrrrrfffffff fffuuuuuulllllllll........beautfiul post manshi

Clap

p.s.wil edit my answers l8erWink

chhilt IF-Rockerz
chhilt
chhilt

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 5:36am | IP Logged
great idea! and i completely agree with harry when he says trouble usually finds him... for example, harry didn't enter the triwizard tournament himself... someone else did that... which led to the cup being a portkey that took him to voldemort... so in this case, he didn't go looking for trouble... trouble found him...
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged
^^^^^Good job u guys with the interpretation Big smile I am really very impressed Big smile Big smile

Tukz- Thanks a lot for ur compliment Big smile
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:22am | IP Logged
That indeed is a good quote! It suits Harry perfectly!
lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
    * Does trouble, indeed, look for Harry? Or is it the other way around?

Both this and that. Trouble and Harry balance one another.
Sometimes Trouble finds Harry and other times, Harry gets so bored not doing any rule breaking that he finds trouble

* Are there any situations where Harry could have avoided trouble, if he wasnt soooooo goody-goody?

Plenty in that. But Harry is THE HERO, C'mon he HAS to play the hERO!

* Do you think that the above quote is fully appropriate or not for Harry?

Umm...well Bachcha Hai so we will forgive him for making a "half true" statment" (Mind, A HALF True Statement is also Half False!)
tukz_REmix IF-Rockerz
tukz_REmix
tukz_REmix

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~*Manshi*~

^^^^^Good job u guys with the interpretation Big smile I am really very impressed Big smile Big smile

Tukz- Thanks a lot for ur compliment Big smile

Big smilewelcumEmbarrassed....its really true

Go to top