Originally posted by sweety_rajveer

i dont think so i will pm her abt it

oh okz...

gd idea!Smile - thnxEmbarrassed

fan_of_sharad Groupbie
fan_of_sharad
fan_of_sharad

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
guyz I'm sooooo sorry for not helpin u ppl but cant help coz I doono how to make siggies n all and top of taht I don get tym I'm ssssssssssoooooooo SORRY Cry guyz I jus feel bad bye tc hope I get to cum on after skool
tazy_rahul IF-Rockerz
tazy_rahul
tazy_rahul

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:58am | IP Logged

siggies by darklove

Edited by sweety_rajveer - 17 May 2008 at 6:59am
x-zarqa-x IF-Rockerz
x-zarqa-x
x-zarqa-x

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 7:59am | IP Logged
^hey tazy Big smile
awww thnx for sharing!
i luv them! Big smile - gonna try and fit them in my siggybox Wink
x-zarqa-x IF-Rockerz
x-zarqa-x
x-zarqa-x

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 8:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by fan_of_sharad

guyz I'm sooooo sorry for not helpin u ppl but cant help coz I doono how to make siggies n all and top of taht I don get tym I'm ssssssssssoooooooo SORRY Cry guyz I jus feel bad bye tc hope I get to cum on after skool

hey!Smile

awww dnt worry about it!Embarrassed

we'r happy that you cme here atleast now and again!Embarrassed

fan_of_sharad Groupbie
fan_of_sharad
fan_of_sharad

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
hey HAPPY B'day to ali may god bless him dunno wat to write wishin him great success
neway guyz u rok mahn sweety n sara.I got sum of his cool pix will upload it later byeeeeeeee
fan_of_sharad Groupbie
fan_of_sharad
fan_of_sharad

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
hey guyz heres an interview itz quite old jus chk out
He is smart; he is witty; he has got a deep resounding voice and matching good looks. He is Ali Zafar.

We caught up with him as he was being shot for the magazine by Naeem Akram, sporting the upcoming label 'Black' and co shot by the lovely Aleena, recently crowned as the Model of the Year in the International Fashion festival. So here's what the wonder boy said as he was being dolled up for the shoot.

The voice as well as the face is a very well known one across the length and breadth of the country as it has been flashed across centre spreads, bill boards as a model and on TV screens as an actor and as a singer. Does that mean he has been into too many things all at the same time?

"My initial and original passion always has been music and music alone, acting and modeling rank among the secondary factors", he is quick to point out.

Then how come we saw Ali Zafar the actor much earlier than when 'Channo' suddenly appeared on the horizon and made him a singing sensation overnight?

"Channo was not a sudden thing; I had been working on that song since I was in college. I did some serials and modeling stuff solely to collect enough money so that the song could be recorded properly in a real studio. And when I did succeed in getting the required amount, 'Bam' went the song and hit the country as I had visualized, planned and hoped that it would."

Hailing from a background which is dominantly linked with education (his mother is a PhD in Library Sciences while father is a Fine Arts professor in the Punjab University), it seems quite unlikely that Ali has chosen Music as a career.

"Music has always been my number one passion. I started learning music professionally when I was 16 years old and my family fully backed me. BUt I did not do so at the cost of neglecting my studies; I went to Government college and
graduated from National College of Arts as a painter. So you see, I was inclined
creative arts naturally and intend to keep linked in one form or the other, be it now or ten to twenty years down the road."

A lot of people regard Ali's voice and style as uncannily similar to that of one of the greatest music legeneds of the subcontinent, Kishore Kumar.

Does Ali realize this himself?
"Oh yes, I've been told so a million times. You see, the thing is I have always idealized Kishore Kumar since the very beginning. He has been a great inspiration for me. I mean I literally grew up listening to his songs and I used to pray to God that one day I too will be able to sing like the great man. And today if someone tells me I sound like the great maestro, it's a matter of immense pride for me."

We saw Ali in a cute boy-next-door sort of an image initially but his current image is one of a more matured, grown up, man-of-the-world sort of person. One can't help thinking if the transition is intentional and to serve any specific purpose?

"I am a human being like any other person and a human being has many sides to his person. The initial bubbly, carefree image also related to a part of me; just as a relatively serious and solemn Ali Zafar that you see occasionally is also very much part of my own person. Then, a person grows as he fares along the path of life. And I gues I am evolving with time too, both as a star and as a human being. This has to reflect in my image in one form or the other." Ali justifies it amply.

So is he conscious about his looks?

"Being an artist you can't ignore that part. You see, I, or my contemporaries for that matter, are categorized as pop artists. We are not like classical or ghazal singers who need to solely concentrate on their music alone. We have a more multifaceted role to play, as people don't only listen to us, they also like to see us; and see us in a nice decked up way.

That is the reason I have chosen to work with stylists who keep on giving me different looks. And I love to experiment, be it my music or my looks. (I guess the photo shoot complements his statement quite fittingly).

And I also like to keep myself in shape as I believe in living and feeling good about myself. I think everyone should, for that matter."

Ali regards all his contemporaries pretty highly giving them their due credit.

"I really feel a lot of good music id being churned out today and I regard all my contemporaries as somewhat better in one way or the other from me."

Among the maestros, AZ thinks very highly of Mehdi Hassan, Salamat Ali, and Baray Ghulam Ali.

"All these maestros are complete institutions in themselves. Really it takes a whole lifetime to even get somewhere near such mastery and proficiency."

When asked to do a bit of self-assessment, Ali gave some very interesting answers.

"I think perseverance and honesty are two of my commendable qualities. But on the other hand, I have always been quite forgetful from the very beginning. Like I forget where I had put my keys or wallet and this can be troublesome at times. Then another thing is that has given me quiet a lot of problems is my habit of trusting people too easily.

But I am learning as I fare along and believe me life is the best teacher one can learn from."

The set is all ready; the lights and camera is in place, so as a concluding note, I ask Ali how he regards life as an entity.

"Hard!" he breathes out almost instantly. "Now I am not being thankless coz truly I do regard myself as a very blessed person. But it's just that to reach a certain pedestal and then to maintain that level, one has to undergo a lot of effort and hard work which can be taxing at times."

But going by the dedication and commitment that Ali Zafar shows with regard his work, I think it is fair to say that this guy certainly knows how to make the most of his God given attributes, and that does count in the long run!

Go to top