Kayamath

India-Forums

Kayamath
Kayamath

Michi FF: Yaadein epilogue p-118 20/2 (Page 107)

Heebs IF-Dazzler
Heebs
Heebs

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged

Chapter 20 "Finally a wish come true"

"Prachi, don't worry we will find him, no matter what, I will find him for you. I promise" Angad said as he helped her sit on the side bench.

Not wanting to listen to anything she said "No Angad, he left me…he went away…he is not coming back…I know my Milind very well…he is not coming back…he left me"

"Prachi, stop saying this, he simply misunderstood…he thinks he is doing the right thing but he is wrong…he thinks that Diya doesn't consider him as family…he felt rejected by his daughter…this is why he left. This has nothing to do with you"

"What am I going to do…where will I look for him…Its all my fault…" said Prachi sobbing

"First, take hold of yourself…I know he hasn't gone far…and there is nothing to worry…"

"What if he leaves Montral…what if he goes somewhere and I won't be able to find him anymore…"

"C'mon Prachi, its early morning…there is no international flight that leaves Montral at this time…we still have time…like I said he isn't far"

"Lets got then…we will wait for him at the airport…I can't let him go…not now not ever" she said. She knew she had done a mistake. She should've never asked him to sign those divorce papers. She thought she was doing the right thing but only now she realizes how wrong she was. She was in fact destroying all four lives.

As Prachi was about to rush out the door, Angad caught hold of her hand. She turned around looking at him all confused. "Angad lets go, we don't have time to waist"

"Before we find Milind, there is something else we should do"

"No Angad, first we have to find Milind, then the rest…what can be more important than that" she said

"Diya" he simply replied and she looked at him not quite understanding what he meant by Diya.

"Yes Prachi, Diya…" he said and continued "Prachi, why do you think he simply left…its not that he doesn't love you guys, but because he does, more than anything in this world. What's important is that he loves his daughter more than anything in this world. For her sake, her happiness, he left"

"And now, if there is anyone that can bring him back its"

"Diya" said Prachi.

"Yes, he knows that you love him, but now he needs to know that Diya loves him too, that too as a father and not a friend…its time for Diya to know who her real father is" he said and Prachi nodded. It was indeed the right time. However, they both feared how she would react. After all she was only five. Diya knew that Angad wasn't her real father, but then again, how exactly do you tell a five year old that the guy you have been calling uncle all this time, is actually your father, your real father.

Milind looked at Diya's drawing. She drew a picture of him panting with her and at the bottom, it was written my best friend.The more he looked at it, the more the six letter word haunted him.

"Friend" he murmured to himself as tears formed in his eyes. He was only her friend and this killed him from inside. How much he would want her to call him papa. He would do anything to hear papa from her sweet angelic voice. How many times did he dream about her calling him papa. Only if he knew that dreams were different from reality. In reality he would never be her papa.

Putting the drawing inside one of his files, he packed his belongings. He was here to get back his family, however it looks like destiny had other plans for him. Instead of getting his family back, he was handing it over to someone else. In fact, not only was he giving away his family, but his happiness and his life. Only he knew how he was going to survive.

Once he was ready to leave, he took out his cell. Taking a deep breath, he dialled Prachi's house number, wanting to hear his daughter's voice for the last time.

Just like if God had answered his wish, Diya was the one who answered the phone "Hello"

Milind, on the other hand, hearing her voice, he couldn't stop the tears from coming. Trying to control himself, he said "Hello, Diya beta, how are you?"

"I'm fine Milind uncle, how are you"

How much he hated that word uncle coming from her, nonetheless he said "I'm fine…what are you doing?"

"I'm just waiting for Angad papa and mama, they went somewhere in the morning…Milind uncle, I want to come and see you at the hospital"

Angad and Prachi, no matter how much he hated taking those two names together, now he would have to get use to, as from now on this was how it was going to be. "Diya beta, I'm not at the hospital anymore"

"The doctors let you go…" she said in excitement. "That means we can play like before, can we go to the zoo" she hasn't been there in a while and only her Milind uncle would let her go on the boat ride.

"Another time Diya" he lied, knowing very well that once he left, he was never going to return. "Diya, I'm going to leave…"

"Leave?" she questioned

"Your Milind uncle has to go far away…"

"Why, wont you come and visit me anymore" she asked

Not knowing how to answer that question, he simply said "Diya, I'll call you later, now can you give your Milind uncle a kiss" and he heard her giving a little kiss over the phone.

"Bye beta"

"Bye Milind uncle, I love you" she said before hanging up

"I love you too" said Milind as he hugged the phone.

When Angad and Prachi arrived, they found Diya in her room playing with her dolls that Milind had bought for her. "I'm scared Angad" said Prachi but he simply smiled at her and said "Let me…I'll explain it to her"

Prachi stayed near the door as Angad walked up to Diya. Taking her in his arms, he sat on the bed. "Diya, today your Angad papa has something very important to tell you" he said and she simply looked at him.

"I love you Diya…you know that right" he said and she nodded smiling at him. "You also know that I'm not your papa right" he said and this time she looked at him all confused. She knew that he wasn't her real papa, but he was still her Angad papa.

"Do you want to know who your real papa is?" he asked and this time she simply walked away from him. Angad followed her and kneeled down so he could come to her level. "What is the matter?" he asked turning her to him

"He doesn't like me, I'm not a good girl" she said looking at the ground

Not able to see her like this, Angad hugged her. "Who said he doesn't like, he likes you a lot"

"Then why doesn't he come and visit. How come he never calls me, or sends me any birthday gifts…I know he does like me…I'm not a good girl" she said and this time, Prachi ran up to her.

"Who said you are not a good girl…You're the best daughter someone can ever have and your papa loves you very much"

"Remember, mama told you that papa was really busy with work…but now he has finished all his work and wants to come home" said Angad and Diya immediately looked at her mom

"Really mama, is my dad really going to come back" she asked and Prachi nodded in a yes.

"When is he coming…is he coming today…I will wear my new pink dress that Milind uncle bought for me"

"Milind uncle is your dad" said Angad and Diya simply looked at him, her eyes all full of confusion.

"Milind uncle" she repeated looking at Angad.

"But…how can he be my papa"

"He was playing a game" said Angad trying to find an answer to her question. Both mother and daughter looked at him all confused.

"Game?" she repeated "What kind of game"

"He wanted to see if you could recognize him…it's a game called…" but before he could finish Diya said "This is why he is leaving, because I lost the game"

"How do you know he is leaving" asked Prachi and Diya told her about the phone call.

"Mama, I want to be with my papa, we will play the game again and this time I will recognize him…mama come…we have to find him" she said pulling her mom up.

Taking Diya in her arms, she said "Let's go and get your dad back"

Milind walked to the ticket counter, it was time to go. He looked back once, not knowing exactly why. Maybe deep inside he still hoped, hoped that Prachi would come and stop him. Ask him not to go, tell him that she needed him, that their daughter needed him. But he was proved wrong again. No one was there to stop him.

Only he knew how much it hurt as he took each and every step. Every step he took meant a step away from his family. However, as Milind walked he suddenly stopped, he felt her presence. He wanted to look back, but his heart feared that it was simply another one of his imaginations. He remained still for a while but after a while putting enough courage in him, he turned around and saw his daughter smiling at him and that sight of her filled his heart with happiness. It took away all the pain he had felt some time ago.

As he saw her running towards him, he kneeled down in front her in order to take her in his arms. He hugged her so tight, not wanting to let go. It was only then that he heard her say the one word he had been dreaming for. For the first time, his daughter has acknowledged him as her dad. For the first time, he heard her say in her sweet angelic voice "papa"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

topsyturvy23rsroopalijeb1SobtiObsession

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Lovely update as usual Heeba. So Michiya are finally united thanks to Angad.  
soul76 IF-Sizzlerz
soul76
soul76

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Aw that was sweet Diya calling him Papa poor Misli I could well imagine how he felt.
--Nargis-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nargis--
--Nargis--

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Great update Heeba...finally poor Milsi gets his heart's wish...to have Diay call him "papa".  looking forward to the next part...please continue.Clap
NosVemos IF-Sizzlerz
NosVemos
NosVemos

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Glad that Milind was stopped- and in the most beautiful way. Loved Diya calling him "papa" and Angad making Diya understand Milind was her real papa was cute..
Waiting for Michi confrontation now..
Insomniac Senior Member
Insomniac
Insomniac

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 1:56pm | IP Logged

Awwwe Heeba that was lovely. Angad really has proved to be a true friend, loved the way he told Diya how Milind is her dad.

Felt so bad for Milind - you described his emotions very well and when Diya called him Papa, I could feel Milind's overjoyed heart calling out to his family.

Thanks for a wonderful update

..kashish.. IF-Rockerz
..kashish..
..kashish..

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
hey finally she kn ws the truth!
aww she called him papa!
cant wait to see whatwwill happen now
continue soon pls!
Heebs IF-Dazzler
Heebs
Heebs

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by optimist

Lovely update as usual Heeba. So Michiya are finally united thanks to Angad. Yep they are...Angad is one true friend

Thanks optiSmile

Go to top