Indian Idol 6

Knotty affair for Abhijeet

rosewood104 IF-Dazzler
rosewood104
rosewood104

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Knotty affair for Abhijeet

Abhijeet Sawant (TOI photo)
"Indian Idol" winner Abhijeet Sawant, who quietly tied the knot with long-time friend Shilpa Edvankar last December, gives credit to Sony TV's reality show for the marriage.

"I knew her for quite some time. We used to stay at Mahim. She was also staying in the same society and we were good friends. When I proposed the first time, she rejected me," Abhijeet told IANS.

However, when he signed up for "Indian Idol", Shilpa started showing special interest in him.

"She would always be there to boost my morale and sit for long hours during the rehearsals and practice. It was during that time we got closer. After winning 'Indian Idol', I proposed to her again. She gracefully agreed and we married within a year."

The 27-year-old became a rage amongst youngsters after winning the first Indian Idol title in 2005. Abhijeet's fan following has not changed after his marriage.

"Truly speaking, I was a little worried before marriage, but after more than five months I am satisfied that everything is all right. I still get calls from quite a number of people and even girls. They still love me."

Talking about changes in life after marriage, he said: "It hasn't changed so much. The only difference is that now she is staying with my parents and me. Otherwise, we are still more like friends than husband and wife. Our parents are also happy."

Abhijeet is set to debut as an actor in "Lottery", which is a musical thriller. He is playing an accountant in the film.

Talking about his acting, he said: "A singing career is not time-bound but acting is; therefore I accepted the offer. I thought I should make use of the opportunity."

cheers
resh

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvabhijeetsawsim_indian

~Poonam~ IF-Sizzlerz
~Poonam~
~Poonam~

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
wow he's going to act thatz really niceeeeeeeeee

but i still want him to DO LOTS AND LOTS OF RIAZEEEEEEEEEE HE"S DOING IT WELL BUT OTHERS HAVE LOST IT Ouch Confused
iluvabhijeetsaw IF-Dazzler
iluvabhijeetsaw
iluvabhijeetsaw

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
tfs!
aww i still love him..glad their all happy =)
im really happy that his fan support has maintained..he's a true star n omg i can't wait 2 watch lottery Smile n he has been continuing his riyaaz as showed on jo jeet wohi superstar no worries guys..abhi rox Big smile hehe
i dunno how good of an actor he is...hope this movie doesn't ruin his rep or anything...hope it will be gr8 Smile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top