Harry Potter
Harry Potter

5th movie....2 far (Page 2)

vrits Senior Member
vrits
vrits

Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Couldn't have agreed with you moreSmile.Of all the deviations,I suppose the exclusion of the all-importants parts involving the house-elves Dobby & Kreacher were the most disappointing.It wasn't like they had to create Dobby's character anew coz they had already shown him in the 2nd movie & they also showed Kreacher skulking about the house in the beginning of the 5th movie so how difficult could it have been to show that significant scene between Harry & Kreacher?Confused

Besides,what was the need to add the entirely new character of that little boy called "Nigel"  who seems to be in awe of Harry,specially when the books have a similar character,that of Colin Creevey?

Also,they make certain characters look the total opposite of what they are in the book. For instance:

ConfusedDignified Madame Maxime is shown like a silly,comical character. ConfusedStern & reserved Mr.Crouch  appears mild-mannered & friendlyConfused Vicious giant Grawp is made to look like a playful, innocent overgrown baby.

I'm surprised that JKR didn't put her foot down to such drastic makeovers given to some of her characters,that is if she had read the script(she obviously must have) or seen the film before its release.

Even if they were compelled to cut down on loads & loads of details, they shouldn't have tampered with so much of the book,not to that extent.Ouch

Irrespective of those unnecesary & radical modifications however,I did enjoy watching the movie.I also wished that certain scenes & lines in the movie were in the book itself.Like when Umbridge tells Harry "Tell them (The centaurs) I didn't mean it" & Harry says "I'm sorry professor,but I must not tell lies"LOL & Sirius telling Lucius Malfoy "Get away from my godson"Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

i absolutely agree even with d last part

vrits Senior Member
vrits
vrits

Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by deepa_jd

it was my fav hp book and they ruined it completely...felt like killing them when i was watchin d movie...

LOLLOLLOL

cmon....they did not ruin it!!!LOL

chhilt IF-Rockerz
chhilt
chhilt

Posted: 02 June 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vrits

Couldn't have agreed with you moreSmile.Of all the deviations,I suppose the exclusion of the all-importants parts involving the house-elves Dobby & Kreacher were the most disappointing.It wasn't like they had to create Dobby's character anew coz they had already shown him in the 2nd movie & they also showed Kreacher skulking about the house in the beginning of the 5th movie so how difficult could it have been to show that significant scene between Harry & Kreacher?Confused

Besides,what was the need to add the entirely new character of that little boy called "Nigel"  who seems to be in awe of Harry,specially when the books have a similar character,that of Colin Creevey?

Also,they make certain characters look the total opposite of what they are in the book. For instance:

ConfusedDignified Madame Maxime is shown like a silly,comical character. ConfusedStern & reserved Mr.Crouch  appears mild-mannered & friendlyConfused Vicious giant Grawp is made to look like a playful, innocent overgrown baby.

I'm surprised that JKR didn't put her foot down to such drastic makeovers given to some of her characters,that is if she had read the script(she obviously must have) or seen the film before its release.

Even if they were compelled to cut down on loads & loads of details, they shouldn't have tampered with so much of the book,not to that extent.Ouch

Irrespective of those unnecesary & radical modifications however,I did enjoy watching the movie.I also wished that certain scenes & lines in the movie were in the book itself.Like when Umbridge tells Harry "Tell them (The centaurs) I didn't mean it" & Harry says "I'm sorry professor,but I must not tell lies"LOL & Sirius telling Lucius Malfoy "Get away from my godson"Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

you've hit the nail right on the head! Thumbs Up

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 02 June 2008 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
well the movies are always worse than the books LOL because of lack of time to include evrythng properly like i was so upset when they cut out SPEW stuff Cry
vrits Senior Member
vrits
vrits

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Originally posted by vrits

you've hit the nail right on the head! Thumbs Up

i guess we cannot totally critisize the movies bcoz d above changes made in the movie like i must not tell lies was good which was missing in the book...Smile

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:43am | IP Logged
oh yeah and i was very dissapointed that they didnt show ron-hermione being prefects....i mean they should be honoured for tht..!! Big smile
vrits Senior Member
vrits
vrits

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 2:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by redhotght

oh yeah and i was very dissapointed that they didnt show ron-hermione being prefects....i mean they should be honoured for tht..!! Big smile

hmmm....quite trueSmile

nyla_193 Goldie
nyla_193
nyla_193

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 11:26am | IP Logged
they didnt totally ruin the film but it would have sooooo much better if they kept to the book
wots the point in changing it anyway???

Go to top