Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

which Star’s Tattooes impress you

surkikhani IF-Dazzler
surkikhani
surkikhani

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 12:08am | IP Logged

Tattooing Bollywood's hottest bodies!

He's young, talented and has worked on some of the hottest Bollywood stars. Meet Ash Kumar, the world's fastest mehndi artist, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The London-based artist, whose first celebrity client was Julia Roberts, talks to Patcy N about his famous desi clientele.

Salman Khan

We did this tattoo for a photo shoot. Salman was very quiet and appreciative of my work. He liked my design so much so that he asked me to expand on it. I was with him for a half a day.
Dia Mirza

I enjoyed working with Dia. I used blue glitter for the designs on her hands.
Shilpa Shetty

She was my first Indian celebrity client. For this photo shoot, I chose red, which she loved. In fact, she loved it so much that she did not wash it off, and even changed her evening wear to go with the design.
Aamir Khan

I was flown in specially for this assignment. Aamir was supposed to be on the cover of Cine Blitz magazine. Aamir wanted a tribal design on his face. I was very nervous, as Aamir is a perfectionist.

But he was very friendly, and gave me a free hand with the design. Not once did he look at the mirror while I was working on his face. I was prepared for any criticism but Aamir was very happy with the results.
Deepika Padukone

I knew Deepika even before Om Shanti Om made her famous. I used my favourite colour -- copper -- with glitter on her. I drew bold and clear Arabic designs on her hand and face, which took four to five hours.
Hrithik Roshan

Hrithik and I spent almost a day together, as there were three costume changes involved in the photo shoot. We had lunch and talked about every topic under the sun. I really look up to Hrithik. He is very intelligent and gifted.
Vidya Balan

After watching Parineeta, I was completely bowled over by Vidya Balan. I approached her when I was in Mumbai and told her that I wanted to design on her. After a week, I got a call from her. I chose an Indian design for her hand and used body art colours, not henna.
John Abraham

I had never met John before I was called for this photo shoot. He wanted me henna design on his knuckles. He selected his favourite colour, blue, for the design.
Kareena Kapoor

I did this design for FHM's cover, where she was dressed in a western outfit. I have also done body art for Saif Ali Khan for his Provogue ad.
Abhishek Bachchan

I got a call from Abhishek that he wanted to try body art. I chose to apply the design on his hands. I found him very pleasant and humourous.

Edited by surkikhani - 16 May 2008 at 5:09am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top