India-Forums

Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

*The DMG Times ~ Edition 24

Bubbly_Shelly IF-Sizzlerz
Bubbly_Shelly
Bubbly_Shelly

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Presenting to you the 24th edition of our newsletter! Thank you soo much for your wonderful responses to the previous newsletters...

Yes, we have a new look to the newsletter! And the colour for this one is evergreen! Tell us what you think of this new look for the NL! Big smile

For new members in our forum who would like to know the concept, story and the characters better, and to get to know everyone in the forum....

DMG Concept & Story

Helpdesk/Suggestions Corner

DMG Slambook

Updated rules for DMG Section

Monday 5th May

Written: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=935803

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=936124

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=935885

Tuesday 6th May 

Written: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=937430

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=936767

Wednesday 7th May 

Written: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=937623

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=937731

Thursday 8th May

Written: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=938509

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=938552

Video: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=938836

shelly

nirali_shah91

zzoombie

Congratulations guys!Clap Participating, contributing and staying active in the forum will get your name on this list as well.

Feel free to use the sig below:

The scene where Riddhima takes away Armaan's clothes and he has to come out of the shower, with white sheets draped around him. He has to face Shashank looking like that and gets told off by him to stay in the locker room.

Atul: For keeping both, his promise to Armaan and to Riddhima that he wouldn't tell either about each other's plans. For keeping us entertained with his humourous lines.

The sigg of the week is this one made by *[anchal]*

Congrats! Here's your prize:

Avatar of the week was made by.. fizzwizz

Congrats Fary! Here's your prize:

VM of the week

Vm of the week goes to: Muniza_75 for:

Meri Falak

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=935381

FF of the week goes to: Hinanazari for:

Hina's addictive

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=935612&T PN=1

In last week's contest you had to tell us all the bolly songs played in the show and we only had one participant.. so the winner is:

pwincess kanzi

For this week: you have to answer this riddle:

I love playing a certain sport

I am in love with a female doc

I am a great writer/poet

Please PM your answers to NLentries by May 18th, 2008 and title it as DMG NL contest.. do not post your answers here.

(thanks to Trina)

This week's style icon of the week is.. Dr. Armaan

This week's Style Icon needs no introduction.  He's style-savvy, confident, and classy.  Of course, we're talking about Armaan.  The past couple of days he has sported all-new shirts, first a black shirt with inside red collar and red lining in the sleeves and then a white shirt with green lining paired with acid-washed denims.  The highlight of the week was Armaan draped in a white bedsheet: with his biceps and well-built frame, linens never looked so good.  Bravo Dr. Mallik!! 

This week we have a very special member of this forum on our hotseat. She's our very own mod.. Trina!!

Here are the few questions we asked her:

How did you first get hooked to the DMG forum? What made you want to watch DMG?

Well, I wanted to watch DMG when the promos came out and they showed some cute doc winking at these two female doctors, and another one in which they had the interns spinning on some seat and one of them was Pankit, whom I recognized from India Calling.   And then of course the storylines revolved around these young well-styled hotties so who wouldnt' want to keep watching?   

Actually, when the show first came out I started posting in the general Star One section and my pals and I sent a message to Vijay Bro requesting they make a forum for DMG.   The topics were interesting from the beginning. 

How does it feel to be one of the mods of the forum? What are some things that you hate seeing when you come to the DMG forum? Anything you'd like to say to the members to make the forum a better place?

Haha, easy questions first!  It's a mixed feeling of joy and responsibility.  Joy because we can help the people who come here whether they are silent readers, active members or people who drop by every once in a while.  Responsibility because we are entrusted with the care of one of the most active and flourishing forums, so it's our job to make sure it stays rocking!

Hmm, there's nothing I hate seeing really, but it can get rather messy when a few members make the same posts again and again. 

To make the forum a better place, they should measure their posts by the quality and not the quantity.  People are in such a rush to increase their post count, they forget the whole reason of having a forum is for people to share their thoughts on the show, and share their likes and dislikes rather than posting randomly.  Also, people need to remember this is a fictional show- it's not meant to be real and it isn't.  It is a romcom. 

What one character from DMG can you relate with the most and why?

Hawwww another simple question!!   It's hard to say, I think I am divided on it.  I relate well with both Muskaan and Atul.  My sense of style is like Anjali's, mostly Western clothing, but mostly I have Muskaan's bindaas personality and sense of humor.  And I also am very close to nature, always have been so in that sense I connect extremely well to Atul's character. 

What change would you bring in the current storyline? What changes do you want to see overall in the show?

Changes in the current storyline...   I would definitely have Atul and Anjali come together for several scenes, as I feel this is their fair due and AA fans have waited since the beginning of the show itself for this to happen.  Would love a side storyline involving the three guys (Atul, Armaan and Rahul) where they have to go off from the hospital but on some mission that requires them to be in some funny situation.  Like they go to Rahul's family place but on the way they get lost and meet a strange girl who turns out to be a guy etc.  And most importantly, I would make Atul Joshi IOTM as he has definitely earned it, he does his duty and never complains about it, and he really has extraordinary compassion for his patients.

Overall in the show, I would focus more on the three jodis, AA, RM and AR that feel more appealing to the Gen X.  I would also have more scenes every week that include all of the interns.  So this way, it's half rom and half com!  Because DMG has an ensemble cast, the show should reflect this and focus on the whole group.  Also, I would give Sister Lovely more dignity in her character, and when she gets laughs, its' not because of her weight but because of her witty dialogue.

Is there anything you want to say to the crazy DMG fans out there, like you? Any piece of advice you'd like to give?

Anything I want to say to them?

I would have to say, not to take things too seriously. Whether we watch it for entertainment or to glean some knowledge from the characters, not to get attached to anything.  Some of the best characters are ones we didn't expect to like, but they grew on us.  Keep an open mind when watching each week, and be open to different points of view.  And lastly, I would like to thank everyone in the forum for making my and Sunits' job so fulfilling and meaningful, your enthusiasm is what makes it all happen.   

Thank you so much Trins, for your amazing answers! ClapClapClap I'm sure everyone had a great time reading them!

Labels and main banner: jenny1000

Media Center siggies/Fun & Games siggs: kaira

Video updates - Sonyfan28 & Angelic_Pari
Written updates - Lois_Lane & Sanober88
SIOTW - trina1

Hope you enjoyed reading this week's newsletter. Thank you for your awesome responses and wonderful comments to last week's NL, we appreciate it.You can pm your ideas and suggestions of contests in the NL or if you would like to see any new sections in it. Do send them to Bubbly_Shelly, or *Sunita*.

Thanks,

Shelly and DMG Dev. Team

Edited by Bubbly_Shelly - 12 May 2008 at 9:01pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Naina123nazmapribhu-kavita-cute14us28amyDesii.BabiieTwilightLovee.pwincess kanzinirali_shah91yogzzmariaa.xo-dramaholic--ialwayswill-trina_saras-Gaganjot-Sano88

-ialwayswill- IF-Sizzlerz
-ialwayswill-
-ialwayswill-

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
hiya, wow, wonderful NL hai yaar
sent in my entries !!!
congo all the winners ! Clap
pyaridilwalino1 IF-Dazzler
pyaridilwalino1
pyaridilwalino1

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
great newsletter Shelly! completely enjoyed it! and great answers Trina!
and CONGRATS to all the winners! Clap
-Shweta
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
thnx a lot guyz and congo everyone
Tasha1985 IF-Rockerz
Tasha1985
Tasha1985

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
first - Clap Clap great job on the NL Smile

second - congrats to all the winners Clap Clap and active members Clap Clap

and last but definitely not the least - amaaaaaaaaazing answers trina Clap Clap Clap
-Wishes- IF-Dazzler
-Wishes-
-Wishes-

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
hi

absolutely great...Thumbs Up
loved the new look....very attractive

and Trina's answers so good...so right

congo to all winners   Clap
pribhu IF-Dazzler
pribhu
pribhu

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
wow....another fan edition shelly Clap ...
congrats to all wonners....well deserved Clap

awesome ansswers trina Big smile ...and yes indeed ...at the end of the day its just a show...and i agree on that completely but u kw its hard to think like that Wink but i will try work on that Big smile thx for that huna dn evrything u mods do for DMG forum Embarrassed Clap Clap

tc
pri
nirali_shah91 IF-Rockerz
nirali_shah91
nirali_shah91

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
omgggggggggggggg thx alot...!! firstly CONGRATULATION TO EVRY1...!!! i cant believe it im most active member of this week...!!! it like a dream cme tru...!!! thnk u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much...!!! REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!! Big smile THANK U THANK U THNK U THNK U!!!! thx alot... im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy..!!! Big smile Big smile Big smile yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...!!!

Go to top