India-Forums

Tmt. Selvam discussions archives - 2008 (Page 174)

eljay IF-Rockerz
eljay
eljay

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vani2007

Originally posted by new_serial_fan

Hi,
i am am pretty new to this serial (tmt.selvam), Clapbut it got my interest please can somebody provide me the real names of the castBig smile.........
Thanks......

HiSmile welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here

ARCHANA - ABITHA
SELVAM - SANJEEV
SIVAGAMI - VADIVUKARASI
BHAGYAM - GOUTHAMI
VASU - DINGU
JEYANTHY - RAGAVI
KAVITHA - APSARA

Is this Gouthami the same one who acted with Kamal in some movie (MMKR?) some years back? She used to look nice, here she is eternally nagging her husband and her family.

isaitamil Senior Member
isaitamil
isaitamil

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Is this Gouthami the same one who acted with Kamal in some movie (MMKR?) some years back? 'She used to look nice, here she is eternally nagging her husband and her family.

[/QUOTE]

no no she is not that gauthami.
vani2007 Goldie
vani2007
vani2007

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eljay

ARCHANA'' -'' ABITHA
SELVAM'''''' -'' SANJEEV
SIVAGAMI'''' -'' VADIVUKARASI
BHAGYAM''' -'' GOUTHAMI
VASU '' '' '' '' -'' DINGU
JEYANTHY'' -'' RAGAVI
KAVITHA ' '' '' -'' APSARA

Is this Gouthami the same one who acted with Kamal in some movie (MMKR?) some years back? 'She used to look nice, here she is eternally nagging her husband and her family.

EljaySmile,
This Gouthami is another actress, not that Gouthami, once i watched an interview of this gouthami(Bhagyam) on tv, she's so jovial and stylish
vani2007 Goldie
vani2007
vani2007

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kalki2007

It was soooooooo nice to watch hubby and wife sort of romance and understanding scenes, hhmmm we've waited for long for this.Embarrassed.   Very nice and soft expressions from selvam and archana, wonderful.ClapClap, when archana fall on sleep on selvam's shoulder she definitely feel a sense of comfort and security.  Very nice sceneSmile 
me too really romatic good job Clap to the director

So next innings has started for Sivagami amma, i have no doubt in my mind bhagyam amma will join her at some point.  Angry.  I just can't understand one thing, Sivagami amma was young once, Please, I'm not try to be funny or sarcastic here, why on earth can't she understand a young couple's mind?? Atleast she has to understand her daughter's mind, who gaveup her education for her(ok i don't want to tell again and again), and never utter a word against her mum.  In return mum try to ruin her life, separate archana from her hubby, maintain her stand and satisfy her ego.
from the beginning Archana kind of accept her mom's view without reservation now the situavation changed -  i think Archana will speak up now on and support Selvam and don't dissappoint me Archana.

Mums always willing to sacrifice themselves to give a good life to their kids, naan appadithaan ithuvarai nenachutu iruken. most of the moms are like that Vani

Hi KalkiSmile,
I doubt if archana will standup against  her mum on this occassion, but she certainly not in a mood to accept her mum's view without any thoughts, when sivagami amma said about the jewells, archana's expression changed, for me she's concerned about selvam, why he's taking responsibility for that and how he's going to pay back?  That's a great improvement for a girl like archana.

But one thing for sure, at some point in this serial we are going to watch a firework show (archana pointed out sivagami amma's faults and choose selvam over her)

vani2007 Goldie
vani2007
vani2007

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jagdu

One would have been much happier if Selvam had said I'll look for a better job to satisfy mother-in-law in addition to getting the jewels back to her.

Hi jagduSmile,
my view is little different here, in my point of view, Selvam doesn't needs to satisfy anyone by looking for a better job, he's doing a job that's not out side the law, he's honest, respects his job, he stands on his feet, and he's good at what he does.

A mother-in-law definitely expects something from a son-in-law, that is none other than, how he lookafter her daughter, is he take care of her? in that aspect selvam scores 100%, very unfortunate sivagami amma couldn't see that, because her arrogance, ego doesn't allow to see her son-in-law's actual character and realise how a gem of a man he is
girivanam IF-Rockerz
girivanam
girivanam

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eljay

Originally posted by jagdu

The question that goes begging is how the dowry system is still endorsed even by the educated and and practiced in society after so many decades of reforms. One would have been much happier if Selvam had said I'll look for a better job to satisfy mother-in-law in addition to getting the jewels back to her.

Selvam is doing an honest job and standing on his own two feet. 'There is no need for him to look for a better (better in whose opinion?) job to satisfy his MIL. 'She is always going to find something lacking in him, and she is always going to be critical of him. 'It is high time Archana took a firm stand and realized that here is a man, who may not be an engineer, but has had the courage and love to spend three (or more) days in Tiruchi, with practically no food, to search for her, and in doing so, got beaten up thoroughly. 'She must speak up and tell her mother that she will stay with Selvam. 'Selvam has already shown that he can stand up to his mother.

Clap I fully endorse your views, Eljay!

Even a  genuine "Saapittiya?" from a husband can do wonders on the wife. I am not going to say money doesn't matter , but strong understanding, trust and love between the husband and wife- these matter  more than anything else.
girivanam IF-Rockerz
girivanam
girivanam

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 3:10am | IP Logged
While the serials are throwing poor light on parents-in-law, I want to share the experiences of my aunty who has a son of marriageable age. They had gone to see a girl who she expressed a desire to speak with the boy alone. After discussing all personal details, my cousin was asked what he planned to do with Raagu and Kethu. It took him a day to realise his parents had become Navagraha devathas.

In a second incident, the girl decided the comparison to any thing of 'living form' was not worth, instead preferred "luggage".

Needless to say in both the cases, my cousin decided to put a big kumbidu in the girl's direction.

What is wrong? I am beginning to feel scared as a parentEmbarrassed

Edited by giriadimai - 15 November 2008 at 3:19am
s_rajammah Groupbie
s_rajammah
s_rajammah

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 12:47am | IP Logged

Mums always willing to sacrifice themselves to give a good life to their kids, naan appadithaan ithuvarai nenachutu iruken.

vani, idhelei unggaleke yendha sandegam vendam. All mothers are willing to sacrifice for their children. Indha nadagathil mattum taan ippedi tavara potray pannerangal. Mothers mattum illai maa, MIL kudde appeditaan. Yellam mamiyar nallavangal taan, annal seli neretil sile kudembathil, problems unde, adhu sariyaga solva pannamal irekeredha nallai taan, periya issue vaa aguthey. First off all there must not be ego betweeon inlaws and SIL/DIL. Manam vitte pesinal yellam perchanai ore thirve unde.

Indhe serialei ore ore perchanai taan. Selvam poisolitare, avan ore sadanamana mechanic taan ippo perchanai. Annalum avan melai yedha tavarum illai. Archana avan melai kovam paderedhe ore nyayam irukudhe. Annal yenna kovama irundhalum, kanavar romba tatti talikiredhe nalladhe illai. Compramise is something that is very much needed in every aspect life.

Giri, nengal sonnengal "saptiya" ore vartai kettallei podhum ore manaiviki magalichi kudheke. Nengal karaitanga sonnengal. Andhe ore vartaiyal pala kodi pasam irukdhe.

isaitamil unnode alagana updates vekke romba nandri.

Go to top