Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The Khiladi becomes a doctor!

Salmanayesha IF-Sizzlerz
Salmanayesha
Salmanayesha

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
The Khiladi becomes a doctor!

Akshay Kumar recently received an Honorary Doctorate of Law Degree from Assumption University in Windsor, Canada for his immense contribution to Indian cinema and his generous social work.

Akshay Kumar is an international superstar and social worker. The Khiladi recently received an Honorary Doctorate of Law Degree from Assumption University in Windsor, Canada for his immense contribution to Indian cinema and his generous social work.

Besides being the Indian Ambassador for the Special Olympics, Akki has also helped raise money for Vancouver Children's Hospital and Trillium Health Care Centre in Mississauga, Canada.

"Wow! This really is one of the most nerve-racking days of my life. My hands are shaking. I don't think even an Oscar would mean as much as this means to me," the superstar said while receiving the award and humbly added, "Indians believe that our success lies at the feet of our parents. It's not I who should be receiving this award, but my parents."

The Bangkok trained martial arts teacher's spokesperson told us, "Akshay was absolutely elated and very honoured to receive this degree. He went for the ceremony in Canada directly from Bangkok. His wife Twinkle was unable to accompany him."

So will the money spinner be known as Dr. Akshay Kumar now?

Akshay had a dream run at the box office last year with four super hits, Heyy Babyy, Namastey London, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Welcome. His performance in all his movies, including Tashan, has received immense praise.

Other Bollywood personalities that have shown at universities abroad include Amitabh Bachchan, Shabana Azmi, Yash Chopra and Shilpa Shetty.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*¤Maria¤*

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top