Annu Ki Ho Gayee Waah Bhai Waah
Annu Ki Ho Gayee Waah Bhai Waah

New vamp on the block: Ridheema

AVFAN Goldie
AVFAN
AVFAN

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
New vamp on the block

Ridheema Tiwari, who plays Mehek in Annu Ki Ho Gayi Wah Bhai Wah on Star One, is the newest vamp on the small screen. She tells Nidhi Mittal about her journey on television and off-screen chemistry with co-star Amit Varma --

Q. How did the small screen start for you?

A. It's been three-and-a-half years in the industry now and it has been a fulfiling journey so far. After completing graduation in literature, I wanted to be a journalist but ended up working for a bank. But I always wanted to do something big and so in 2004, I participated in Gladrags and since then there has been no looking back. Offers to work in TV commercials started to pour in followed by serials.

Q. What all commercials and serials have you worked in?

A. I was the face of the Sunsilk Gang of Girls hoardings. I have worked for Piya Ka Ghar on Zee, Suno Har Dil Kuchh Kehta Hai on Sahara One, Har Ghar Kuchh Kehta Hai on Zee, Kittu Sab Janti Hai and now Annu Ki Ho Gayi Wah Bhai Wah on Star One.

Q. Negative roles occupy most part of your work. Is that a conscious decision?

A. No it's not that I like doing negative roles. In Suno Har Dil Kuchh Kehta Hai, I played a negative character but in Annu... I am not compulsively bad. I play a simple hard-working girl, who knows the value of money and badly needs it too. My character Mehek has a positive side too, but she has to be wicked for money.

Q. Are you good friends with Amit Varma, who plays Ashu in the show off screen?

A. Yes, and so is Shreejita De who plays Annu. Though I met Shreejita on the sets, I have known Amit for a long time now. We have also worked together in Kittu...

Q. Do you want to continue with the kind of work you are doing now?

A. At this point of time I just know that I am here to stay. I'm doing some good work and it's keeping me so busy that I have had no time to go on a holiday for a long time now. Though I genuinely want to write, there's no time. Earlier I used to sit down and write at length about my experiences and how I feel about a show.

Q. What do you think about the long running saas-bahu sagas?

A. People are still watching them with the same attention and these shows are the bread and butter for many people. They are still competition to many other shows on TV. Though I like comedy and reality shows more -- the kind of shows that make you feel lighter after a hard day's work.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyballdivingdolphin21sweet_shagun

kbc2 Senior Member
kbc2
kbc2

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
She is a good actress I must say. In this role she has done a marvelous job just perfect and realistic. Next to Anu I like her acting.
dimpy828 Groupbie
dimpy828
dimpy828

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
I didn't know she was in Kittu...Shocked what role did she play???
AVFAN Goldie
AVFAN
AVFAN

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by dimpy828

I didn't know she was in Kittu...Shocked what role did she play???

I havent missed a single episode of Kittu....but still cant recollect which role she did. But all I can think is she was most probably the girl whom Kittu saved from beeing burnt as Sati.

euphoric IF-Rockerz
euphoric
euphoric

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Thnx... she is doing a good job as Mehek

Sonia
Rafa.LunaPotter IF-Sizzlerz
Rafa.LunaPotter
Rafa.LunaPotter

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:09am | IP Logged
yeah she Embarrassed is GOOD selection for Mehek!!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top