India-Forums

The Indian Economy (Page 10)

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:11am | IP Logged

Jagdu and other who find economy interesting....join & discuss here: topi cis about inflation.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=974325

jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Why Vyomesh Joshi is sitting on a high horse
HP printer chief vyomesh Joshi predicted 3 years 'go that the Internet will threaten consumer printing. He is remaking HP.The co. is best known for inkjet printers. Joshi has moved engineering and marketing away from smaller printers. He will link the ink and hardware businesses.
Joshi is under tremendous pressure from Mark Hurd, HP CEO due to this. He said most books, magazines and newpapers are created with traditional, analog presses which means HP has a huge market opportunity to convert thme to digital presses like inkjets. He is trying ot judgesuccess notby market share, but by the % of printed pages that come out of HP.
He has cut more than 2000 jobs in his division over tha past 2 yearsand hopes to boost sales of smaller printers by combining them with services and software. He said "EDS is going to be a big opportunity for us" which makes me scared because one of the most dear persons in my life works in EDS. Both my cousin and sister as well as brother, who targeted that company for years worked there.
jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Floods
Rescuers and workers helped 100000's of people stranded by monsoon floods in e. India. Floods destroyed bridges, highways etc. per Asim Dasgupta, W.Bengal govt that does not have rescue supplies. CFO. Food was air-dropped, and 300 soldires called to help.
jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Separately, some members of the Bombay stock exchange resigned. There was no detailed explanation from the chief of the bombay stock exchange, but one doubts the reasons as the present turmoil in the economy. Resignation decisions are made far in advance of such occurances. If anyones wants to know the names of the members, it can be announced.
jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Generic drug sales have greater reach per Daiichi/Ranbaxy
Daichi Sankyo Co. plans to buy a majority stake in India's biggest drug maker, Ranbaxy. The Jap co. will buy the entire 34.8% stake of the Singhs at 727Rs., 31% premium of 560 Rs! The japs need to gain majority of India's co., but the exact number will depend on the price it agrees with the Singhs. Ranbaxy produces amoxicillin and ciprofaxin, top products with net profit of 1.53 billion Rs. (from .43 b last year) and it's sales rose 3.8% with an excellant product line.
Ranbaxy is in a strong position and selling at a decent evaluation coming from a rich offer.
Dits Goldie
Dits
Dits

Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Read in the paper today tht inflation has reachd a 2 digit no in 13 yrs!
Yosh Goldie
Yosh
Yosh

Posted: 21 June 2008 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

I wasn't aware that such meaningful matters were actually discussed on IF. Thank you very much Jagdu for the PM, this has all been so informative. I've just started my journey as an Economist (as geeky as that sounds) so most things have just gone over my head, but hopefully as times goes by I'll be able to join in with the discussions.

jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 25 June 2008 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Orange county register communications, a Califonia paper is going to give Mindworks Global media of India a trial run to outsource work. Mindworks will handle the page layout for the community newspaper and provides high quality editorial and design services to global media firms, using top-end jounalistic and design talent in India.

Go to top