Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Vidya Balan makes a (Air)telling point

Akhansha Goldie
Akhansha
Akhansha

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 6:05am | IP Logged

Vidya Balan makes a (Air)telling point

Vidya Balan in an Airtel commercial. Photo Credit: Airtel

May 12, 2008 (Sawf News) - It is ironical that Vidya Balan's fine histrionic abilities are more evident in the currently airing Airtel TV commercial than they have been in all her past films since Parineeta, with the possible exception of Bhool Bhulaiyaa. In the commercial, both Vidya and talented south star Madhavan make their point whispering endearments and sweet nothings that have nothing to do with the product they are selling, not yelling Thoda wish karo, dish karo like a crazed maniac. Subtlety has been a hallmark of Airtel ads, a welcome and refreshing departure from the norm of in-your-face advertisements championed by some other corporate brands. For example, the Pepsi Youngistan ad featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, requires you to be pretty much brain dead.

Madhavan in an Airtel commercial. Photo Credit: Airtel
With the Vidya-Madhavan Airtel ads, you are reluctant to let go of the soft imagery, the whisperings and the signature tune; they linger on in your mind long after the commercial break is over. The Airtel commercial actually is a good example of the kind of TV assignments that Bollywood actors should accept - those that require them to emote, not pimp their star status. The commercial needed two powerful actors with adequate creative space. It would not have been effective with just pretty faced models. The commercial also effectively demonstrates the effectiveness of a good script and artistic in conveying your message.

Vidya Balan in an Airtel commercial. Photo Credit: Airtel
We can't think of another Bollywood actress who would have emoted the ad better than Vidya, not even Kajol, and certainly not Preity Zinta, whose ad for the competing BSNL brand appears insipid in comparison.

As far as cosmetic brand ads featuring Deepika, Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai and Priyanka Chopra go we don't even want to go there.

http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/50508.aspx

Even i liked the add.The guitar in background is really cool.Here is the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rKKUnvLGWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE4pGDk0x_A

abhikidiwani Goldie
abhikidiwani
abhikidiwani

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:09am | IP Logged
thanks a lot
LoveBollywood Senior Member

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
AmritaRao-Nina IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 10:37am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:04am | IP Logged
I kinda agree with the author......a lot of the ads r just so stupid tht u wonder whether such a ridiculous idea even came from!! There's nothing wrong with being in-your-face but tht doesnt mean tht u make the ad stupid n brain-dead lik the Youngistan ad.

Take the sprit ad tht spoofed the yooungistan ad for example, it was in-your-face but it conveyed the Sprite theme in a better way.

Love the Airtel ad.....really refreshing change from the other over-the-top ads we see nowadays!
Raiinie2 IF-Rockerz
Raiinie2
Raiinie2

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:31am | IP Logged
I agree. This Vidya-Madhavan AD is simply, subtle and effective! Loveddd it! The sweetest AD ive seen in a while! Thnx for posting!
Lovee the guitar chords at the Backk!
sai123 Senior Member
sai123
sai123

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
i loved the ADS..they are so cute!
well said raiinie..they are simple subtle and effective!
and both madhavan and vidya are damn good in tht ad!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top