India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

To cheer or not to cheer?

surkikhani IF-Dazzler
surkikhani
surkikhani

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:43am | IP Logged
The cheerleaders at the IPL are not going to be cheering anymore if the politicians in our country have their way. But we spoke to some of the celebrities from the entertainment world about it and this is what all they had to say.

Sanjay Gupta, who has directed the official video for the Bangalore Royal Challengers which includes the cricketers and also the team's cheerleaders specially called in from USA, says, "There's certainly nothing wrong with the cheerleaders. It is all about entertainment and cheerleading is a part of it. Whoever wants to watch it, should watch it and those who disagree should avoid it."

Mini Mathur, who is a renowned television host, says, "Personally I do not have any issues with the cheerleaders performing as far as it is done within the limits of decency. Cheerleading is for entertainment and it should be looked upon for that only."

Ila Arun, who has sung the theme song for the Rajasthan Royals, did not want to comment on the issue but suggested, "Cheerleading should definitely be there but then it should be done keeping in mind the culture of the place as to where it is being performed so that it becomes interesting to the people watching it on television and on the ground too. The politicians should not make a national issue out of it."

Vishal of Vishal-Shekhar fame, who is also the composer of the Kolkatta Knight Riders team anthem, says, "Who has the time to be bothered with the issue. I support the Kolkatta team and follow the anthem of my team and let the politicians do whatever they want to do."

Shabana Azmi, who have always stood her stand on social causes, says, "I do not watch cricket and it does not concern me, so I have no comments to give on the issue."

Noted ad filmmaker Prahlad Kakkar says, "Why can't the politicians do their own duty and leave entertainment alone. Let's not mix them and create an issue of it. Entertainment has no rules and it is there to just spice up the event. If cheerleaders are vulgar then what about the item numbers that come on television? Should not that also be banned?"

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top