Debate Mansion

2nd Marriages without divorcing 1st one (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pooja

In pakistan, it is allowed to do 2, 3 marriages without divorcing ur 1st, 2nd wives.. However u need to have the agreement of ur 1st wife ofcourse dat she is willing 2 live wid dat.. But nowdays, especially in the rural scene, it is very common to see that a man has like 2-3 wives and he keeps one in the village, one in the city and ofcourse he doesnt pay any attention 2 his wife in the village and all.. And since these village women are very poor they can not object, divorce or even leave thier husbands since the education level in women in pakistan is hardly 5%.. Especially in old ages, it is common to see well-off families man marrying again, a new young but poor girl..

What do u feel abt dis?? Is dis fair?? Shudnt the govt take sum action abt dis??

*Im not talking abt western countries, just pakistan and some of the eastern countries*

Everywhere else, men (and some women) have affairs to get around the law of having one spouse at a time. Smile 

It may also be their inability to deal with 2 MILs at the same time. LOL

Edited by lighthouse - 12 May 2008 at 1:58pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "2nd Marriages without divorcing 1st one (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

In pakistan, it is allowed to do 2, 3 marriages without divorcing ur 1st, 2nd wives.. However u need to have the agreement of ur 1st wife ofcourse dat she is willing 2 live wid dat.. But nowdays, especially in the rural scene, it is very common to see that a man has like 2-3 wives and he keeps one in the village, one in the city and ofcourse he doesnt pay any attention 2 his wife in the village and all.. And since these village women are very poor they can not object, divorce or even leave thier husbands since the education level in women in pakistan is hardly 5%.. Especially in old ages, it is common to see well-off families man marrying again, a new young but poor girl..

What do u feel abt dis?? Is dis fair?? Shudnt the govt take sum action abt dis??

*Im not talking abt western countries, just pakistan and some of the eastern countries*

@amreen1990: The thing is the govt can only look if these women stand up for themselves.. And the thing is dat even if dey do, where will they go.. They arnt educated, finally stable.. They cant do anything.. At the most dey can stop the man from marrying.. What effect will dis have?? He can still see dat women and meet her and treat her as his 2nd wife..

In India, if a couple divorces, and the woman is not financially stable, the ex-husband has to provide for her, plus she can ask for protection from the court.. Hence i feel most women wld feel that divorce is a better option that allowing the husband to marry again.. in which case he may not pay attention to her
Now if a man wants to live with another woman, he has two options.
1)Divorce your first wife... in which case u have to provide for her(the amount decided by the court - n trust me its not a small amount) even after the divorce without any wifely favour from her and then provide for your second wife too... how he manages it is his headace
2)marry another woman without divorcing your first wife.. which may land you in jail if your first wife complains against u.. n which may result in all your properties n wealth ending up in her hands

k-ekta fan

IF-Rockerz

k-ekta fan

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 4:44am | IP Logged
it is d most weird rules..

dis rules might hve been created by a man only..

wht dey thng of demself is dat dey can enjoy n hve fun playin wid women emotion n deir kids..

4 dem women is nthing only a tissue whch dey use it n throw it out after use.

I wuld hte dis types of guys. n wuld surely kill if sum1 try 2 di dis wid me....

but 1 thnk is sure i won't allow him 2 gve dis chance.. i will always make sure he b loyal 2 me.. n if i get sum doubt i will make him stand in front of me n ask. n leave him n divorce him nt 4 his gud dat he is bachelor 1ce agian but 2 make sure I will b save wid dis type of guys n will case on him. n charge a penalty.....

I hope govt take sum actions dere... spl in rural area b'coz dey r expolaited d most... by selfish men...

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged

i think these guys need to have their head examined. isnt one wife enuff maintenance that they'd want another, and then another? ek galti toh shayad bhagwan bhee maaf kar denge, par baar baar? Ouch Tongue

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by lighthouse

Everywhere else, men (and some women) have affairs to get around the law of having one spouse at a time. Smile 

LOLLOLLOL this is funny lighty.  Nice way to explain how cheating scores over polygamyLOLLOL  I wonder why someone would choose to deal with up to as many as four sets of in-lawsLOL

Jokes aside, I feel there are other ways to help out distressed women now a days.  Why would one need to marry them out of sympathy when one is married alreadyConfused

and having to cough up the meher four times LOL - out here, dahej pratha reverse mein chalti hai, so except the very rich you won't see too many going for a second wife while the first is still a wife Tongue

Edited by SholaJoBhadkey - 13 May 2008 at 9:13am

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

i think these guys need to have their head examined. isnt one wife enuff maintenance that they'd want another, and then another? ek galti toh shayad bhagwan bhee maaf kar denge, par baar baar? Ouch Tongue

to aap se umeed karein, kyonki aap itne samajhdar hain, ki aap ye ghaltee kabhi nahin karengey??? WinkLOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

What about the Guy's Mother!!!OuchWinkTongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top