India-Forums

Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

*Happy Mothers Day*

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:11am | IP Logged

Friends today is 11th May and today is a very special day not only for all the mothers out there but for all of us bec we all have a mother and this day is to thank them for always being dere!

Yes we dont need a certain day in a year to thank them however some of us need this remainder that we should thank our mothers and thus we have the mothers day dedicated to all the mothers!! Big smile

Now lets go into a breif history of mothers day.. Aree bhai akhir yeh aya kahaan se..LOL

One school of thought claims this day emerged from a custom of mother worship in ancient Greece, which kept a festival to Cybele, a great mother of Greek gods. This festival was held around the Vernal Equinox around Asia Minor and eventually in Rome itself from the Ides of March (15 March) to 18 March.

Mothering Sunday, also called "Mothers' Day" in the United Kingdom and Ireland falls on the fourth Sunday of Lent (exactly three weeks before Easter Sunday). It is believed to have originated from the 16th century Christian practice of visiting one's mother church annually, which meant that most mothers would be reunited with their children on this day. Most historians believe that young apprentices and young women in servitude were released by their masters that weekend in order to visit their families.[1] As a result of secularization, it is now principally used to celebrate and give thanks for mothers, although it is still recognised in the historical sense by some churches, with attention paid to Mary the mother of Jesus as well as the traditional concept 'Mother Church'.

Mothering Sunday can fall at earliest on March 1st (in years when Easter Day falls on March 22nd) and at latest on April 4th (when Easter Day falls on April 25th).

*Thanks to Google for the information*

So share with us your thoughts on mothers day and how do u plan to make it special for ur mom.. And do make id special in a good way!! LOL

Also to all the IF mothers out there, we love you!! Muah!!

L & F. Dev Team

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MrsSalmanKhan.Gracella-Priii-

Cute_Tulip IF-Sizzlerz

General Discussions

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Gracella IF-Stunnerz
Gracella
Gracella

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged
It's also Mother's Day here in Suriname today(11th May)
But this time we( my 2 sisters and me) had celebrated it a week ago...gifted her a beautiful Gharara of her own choice for my cousin sis' wedding, which happened yesterday..

aaj toh we only wished jaldi jaldi and went to sleep...coz we are all 4 soooo tired

BUt Happy Mother's day!! a Mother is the biggest gift from God...Maa jaisi duniya mein hai nahin koi!!

Love u mom!!

Thanks for the topic

LOve,
Gracella
MrsSalmanKhan. Goldie
MrsSalmanKhan.
MrsSalmanKhan.

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 9:35am | IP Logged
mumma your the best :D maa evaa
bless your face bless your name
bless your smile which makes my
soul want to flyyyyyyyyyy
you are daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
sunlight that brighten up my day

mamaaaaaaaa
i love you :D

n happie mama day to all mums :D

hehe :D
my words really are nothing they are bohad kam for urrrrrrrrrrrrr work :D
i know its not that enough :$ magar i lub u n i do n i do n i do more than sisters n bhai :$

Edited by Mev! - 11 May 2008 at 9:39am
~Anji~ Goldie
~Anji~
~Anji~

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Great topic Pooja!!

Mother's are very sweet...i sent my mom a card and my siter's and i have a gift for her..and we will have ppl over is about an hour and ew will give her the gift and stuff... Wink

Happy mother's day to all moms.
*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:12am | IP Logged
^^Loo...Anji posted before me...so she said it all...Anji u should have left something for me to post in here too LOL j/k
Happy Mother's day to all mothers...
and I love u mom... Big smile
Vitna IF-Rockerz
Vitna
Vitna

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
All i can say is dat i love my mom lotzz and without her i wouldnt be here!!! she has alwayz supported me and i dont know wat i will to without her!!!!! happy mothers day to every1!!!!!!!! and mommy i love u soo much!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Priii- IF-Stunnerz
-Priii-
-Priii-

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

Go to top