Harry Potter
Harry Potter

Question...ahem!

kritijj Goldie
kritijj
kritijj

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

this might be stupid, but i had a thot tis is just sillyLOL

when harry and DD go to get the horcrux in the cave, dumbledore decides he has to drink the pain-causing potion in the basin! why so?Confused

cud he not scoop some from the basin with the goblet and carefully throw it on one corner of the island?Smile

or could he not take it in his mouth each time and spit it out?LOL

if the inferi were to be attracted that way, he could simply have used fire again to repel them! why did he drink the potion?????LOL

pls give suitable answers and do reply

-EmbarrassedkritikaEmbarrassed

-Precious IF-Dazzler
-Precious
-Precious

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:00am | IP Logged
hm............
good question

same ques bothered me that he said he could not touch the potion but scoop it up

so he could've scooped it and thrown it away or spit it out

my solutions
scooping it up and throwing it away: it is possible that voldemort placed certain charms to detect wether the potion was drunk or not if not drunk and thrown away maybe the basin refilled itself to the orignal self and was never emptied

spitting it out: the above reason can be given for this but theres another way. As dumbledore knew all kinds of charms etc he might've known the above that throwing it away might not work so he might've tried spitting it but maybe the potion was designed to start its work and cause pain the very second it entered the mouth and so DD couldn't spit it out

all of this is just guess work but it seemed to me the only possible way

kritijj Goldie
kritijj
kritijj

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 3:28am | IP Logged
tat cud be right but should be mentioned! Confused
lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 6:34am | IP Logged
It was mentioned indirectly. That nothing else can empty the basin other than the potion be drunk by some mortal living person. Dumbledore says that "this potion has to be drunk". Nothing else will work. Voldemort is too clever for that yaar... Tongue
vrits Senior Member
vrits
vrits

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

It was mentioned indirectly. That nothing else can empty the basin other than the potion be drunk by some mortal living person. Dumbledore says that "this potion has to be drunk". Nothing else will work. Voldemort is too clever for that yaar... Tongue

but then DD cud put it in his mouth and cud hv thrown or spit it out....i dont think there wud hv been any difference....wat made DD think he had 2 DRINK  it??Confused

Charmed... Senior Member
Charmed...
Charmed...

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vrits

but then DD cud put it in his mouth and cud hv thrown or spit it out....i dont think there wud hv been any difference....wat made DD think he had 2 DRINK  it??Confused

Well DD was dying already so maybe he thought that he might as well drink it instead of the curse on the ring killing him. I'm not sure but maybe DD would have wanted to suffer from the potion instead of the Deathly Hallow which has been part of his life that he regrets the most.

chhilt IF-Rockerz
chhilt
chhilt

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:57am | IP Logged

i agree Smile

kritijj Goldie
kritijj
kritijj

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged
errm, err whrrrr....watevr, i still think voldy is really mouldy Wink and tat DD should not kill himself only because he is already suffering or going to heaven! Confused
every minute harry spent with DD was if great importance Smile
but i liked the scene and its atmosphere very much! LOL

Go to top