Page 4 of 12

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by darkness_123

Originally posted by qwertyesque

This attempt is like training people to control reflex action...LOL

No one is teaching you to "control" anything in sex education. You are being educated about how it happens. It's purely a scientific thing. Like when you are taught how blood clots are formed, or how you get the common cold. Then how would it help... telling kids about ovaries and fallopian tubes that they have to use condoms..!!!! this linking is baseless!!!

It does because to teach you have to bring some truths which the child may not be even exposed...!!! Its like telling the father to acquire some STD, showing him po*n, and leading him to these things.. after you can hardly stop at the floppian tubes.. u c..

I didn't really get what you meant here, but really, there *are* other ways of educating someone about sex other than po*n! ConfusedConfusedConfused and what are they? Straight truth is difficult to digest... there is no other way to teach kids about sex!!!! unless you are making up stories...LOL

No if that was the case, half the population would have aids by now... but stats say something else... most ot them dont, a veri small percentage get it and to save that small percent rest of the kids need not be led the route they are ignorant about...by opening a can of worms..

Yes, it is true that only a small percentage of people have AIDS right now. But if we keep shunning sex ed, then the number will grow to vast proportions.Most of these people who got aids didnt get it out of either thier volition or mistake.. they were helpless victims of these other kind of guys... It's not just truck drivers and sex workers who have AIDS anymore. Teenagers, married couples, all kinds of people from all walks of life can acquire AIDS and maybe from just their first sexual encounter. Please use scientific facts to explain how two people get aids with their first encounter if neither had aids.. And exactly what "route" is this that you mean?everything like Sex, and cause of aids etc.. if you want to tell them just say you HAVE to wear condoms.. like you have to wear helmets.. you dont have to start a class on central nervous system to tell people to wear helmets!!!LOL Everyone learns about sex by the time they are 16, at the latest. Sure and where is this statistic coming from.. kids have veri vague idea until they are 18.. I read nick carter at 13.. doesnt mean I knew what sex was.. Kids generally uninterested in sex.. but by this baseless structured training you are forceing their attention to something they could veri well ignore.. if the small number wants to live on the edge and die so be it.. there are these guys who drive recklessly and drunk so it doesnt really matter....Are you referring to some kind of "purity" that is destroyed when a person learns about sex? Nonsense. Yes... thats called lost innocence....It's something everyone knows about anyway, then why "hide" and act "ashamed" about knowing it? Nobody is telling anybody to hide.. all I am saying you dont have to formalize and get it in their focus.. I am in favor of leaving them alone unlike you who wants them to be taught something God knows what.. and it doesnt include po*n and strippers!!!  man that will make many of these guys gay...!!! please dont promote this...

All I have to say is that Indians (I don't know about other cultures, but since I am Indian, I can speak safely for them) seem to have a hypocritical attitude towards sex. They refuse to talk about it, refuse to acknowledge it, yet we have the second highest population in the world. Surely these children are not dropping from the sky as "angels brush their wings against a woman's cheek"?? Nonsense. Absolute bull. Why do you think so?

Because Indians lend this "taboo" nature to sex. They think of sex is some "dirty" thing. Which it is not. Sex is an inherent nature of the species, just as eating and breathing is. I'm not saying people should shoot their mouths off about sex in public. There is a place and time to discuss these matters. Awareness among the common Indian public about sex, STDs, AIDS, precautions, birth control etc is extremely, EXTREMELY limited.

I believe sex education is not necesary.. just like you take treatment when you are sick and not and dont gobble medecines to keep themselves safe.. nor do they take lessons in keeping bacteria away.. most things are learnt as we move along and this should be one of them...

If what you say is true, then what can one do once you get AIDS? Think "oh, maybe next time, I'll be more careful and use a condom?" Nope. No next times. No pills you can gobble, to get rid of it like a headache. You get no more chances when it comes to a disease like AIDS. Which is why the public should be educated against getting infected with such a disease. At least until a fool proof cure to it can be found. SmilePeople who get aids mostly die..o learning the last lesson is done.....n its like those reckless drivers on the road.. or drunk driving or any such irresponsible things...they have no right to spread it to the unsuspecting people...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "sex education in schools? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by darkness_123

[ Everyone learns about sex by the time they are 16, at the latest. Are you referring to some kind of "purity" that is destroyed when a person learns about sex? Nonsense. It's something everyone knows about anyway, then why "hide" and act "ashamed" about knowing it?

Actually not everyone reaches puberty at same age. Kids who aren't there yet may feel inadequate in sex ed class at 14 and could end up developing emotional issues for the rest of their lives.

Movies have PG13 and above 17 or 18 yrs of age ratings for nudity or sexual content. Its just that mentally, kids below the age of 17 or 18  may not be able to handle the sexual, emotional aspects of  sexual activity.

Kids are hitting puberty faster. Most kids start hit puberty by 14 nowadays except a few. Even if a kid is not hit puberty they may have a large section of their peers in puberty. Sex education is not geared to make anyone feel inadequate. In fact many kids start feeling inadequate without sex education as they do not understand why their friends have changed physically and emotionally. Sex education helps teenagers understand the puberty process and the stages of biological development. It helps them relate to why their friends have changed and become so hormonal. Sex education helps kids in all stages of puberty understand each other and function harmoniously.

You inadvertently explained my point very well but still missed the point.Smile . Kids want to be alike not different from their friends. they can't wait to be adults. I don't think they are worried about their friends hormonal behaviuor as much as why they are not there yet.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Right said CB.. I think most of these asking for SE are kids... LOLLOLLOL - guys you need to be 18 even to post to this topic...LOL

LOLthese classes were so much fun... and so wrong to have had. ladkiyon ko kya doshi thehrayen, saara innocence toh inn classes ne humara lootaLOL

Ya...man..thats true and  on the flip side those disgusting pictures of the female anatomy!!! fallopian tube and ovaries and all those organs man - just survived being gay...LOLLOL i know of several friends who went for the delivery of their babies and after looking at the sight of their wife ended up divorcing her....

I think let kids keep their innocence alive and enjoy.. the suspenseful unfolding of some beautiful truths which otherwise would become disgustingly despicable...Smile

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

school systems arent and shldnt be about "saving" one kid. they shld be about serving the interests of a broad cross-section of kids. otherwise, we'll be holding up the class every time a dumb kid cldnt follow along.Smile 

Right said CB.. I think most of these asking for SE are

kids... LOLLOLLOL - guys you need to be 18 even to post to this topic...LOL

LOL LOL Funny you guys.  Unless they are living under a rock, I feel kids in most recent generations know just enough from parents, media, friends etc not to get into trouble or start venturing out into something that could be troublesome or illegal, like having sex before the age of 16 or so. A formal education into something they already have an idea of being taboo, is like teaching them how to drive 3 years before they can actually get a drivers license.

Edited by lighthouse - 12 May 2008 at 7:57pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

darkness_123

IF-Rockerz

darkness_123

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:42pm | IP Logged

Then how would it help... telling kids about ovaries and fallopian tubes that they have to use condoms..!!!! this linking is baseless!!!

Sex being taught scientifically does not only consist of education only about the reproductive system, but also about diseases and how they're spread and what these diseases ultimately do to your body. It's not all ovaries and fallopian tubes, for godssake! 

Please use scientific facts to explain how two people get aids with their first encounter if neither had aids..

A person's first sexual encounter need not be with another virgin. In India, many newly married brides get AIDS from their husbands who had slept around before marriage and then passed it on to them... Also, many gay men in India, still in the closet, who are scared of the stigma of coming out, marry a woman just to hide that they're gay, while continuing to sleep with other men on the side. They get AIDS from some random dude they slept with, and then pass it on to their wife, and if the wife gets pregnant, the child too.

And exactly what "route" is this that you mean?everything like Sex, and cause of aids etc.. if you want to tell them just say you HAVE to wear condoms.. like you have to wear helmets.. you dont have to start a class on central nervous system to tell people to wear helmets!!!LOL

Wearing a helmet is much more straightforward than wearing a condom... The immediate effects of not wearing a condom are not seen, as it is seen with a helmet.... It's a few months/even years later that HIV/other STDS start to manifest themselves.

Everyone learns about sex by the time they are 16, at the latest. Sure and where is this statistic coming from.. kids have veri vague idea until they are 18.. I read nick carter at 13.. doesnt mean I knew what sex was.. Kids generally uninterested in sex.. but by this baseless structured training you are forceing their attention to something they could veri well ignore.. if the small number wants to live on the edge and die so be it.. there are these guys who drive recklessly and drunk so it doesnt really matter....

I said latest by 16. I'm sure Nick Carter had learnt by 16 what sex is, if not experimented with it already. *rolls eyes*

And what you are saying is truly apalling! So just because a few people are uneducated about something (which is YOUR fault really), you rather condmen them to death for not knowing about all this, than actually educate them?!

Yes... thats called lost innocence....Nobody is telling anybody to hide.. all I am saying you dont have to formalize and get it in their focus.. I am in favor of leaving them alone unlike you who wants them to be taught something God knows what.. and it doesnt include po*n and strippers!!!  man that will make many of these guys gay...!!! please dont promote this...

Really, I'm curious now. Did your teacher pop in a po*n tape and invite strippers to your class to teach you about sex? How.... unusual (and exciting for the boys in your class). How did YOU learn about sex? Please do enlighten me.

I studied in a CBSE school and I can speak for all CBSE schools when I say that we weren't treated to discourses by strippers and po*n. We learnt in normal 11th grade Biology.

Lost innocence? Did you lose your "innocence" when you you learnt about how a plant transports food and water through the xylem and phloem? Did you lose "innocence" when you learnt about how respiration takes place? Then why should you lose your so-called innocence when you're learning about just anoher normal biological process that occurs EVERYDAY?

See, this is EXACTLY the problem. You refuse to see sex as just another objective biological process. Which is what it is. It is not a big deal. It's people who think like you who make a big deal of it. Sex is not just strippers and po*n. Sex is a method of procreation, and a way human beings build intimacy.

Ya...man..thats true and  on the flip side those disgusting pictures of the female anatomy!!! fallopian tube and ovaries and all those organs man - just survived being gay...LOLLOL i know of several friends who went for the delivery of their babies and after looking at the sight of their wife ended up divorcing her....

If you're so squeamish that diagrams of  the female reproductive system are enough to turn you GAY, then I'd think of you as very immature. I'm not really surprised you oppose sex education then. You need a certain amount of mental maturity to understand it properly, so needsay, anyone without that will just have a narrow understanding of the subject with equally narrow minded views about its education.

People who get aids mostly die..o learning the last lesson is done.....n its like those reckless drivers on the road.. or drunk driving or any such irresponsible things...they have no right to spread it to the unsuspecting people...

Again, you're condemning the uneducated to a slow painful death, and rather than trying to stop that from happenning to another person, who is not uneducated by his choice, but rather because of the board of education, who shares a narrow minded view of sex with you. So you create the unducated by withholding information, and then you wish death upon them because they didn't miraculously gain knowledge.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by lighthouse

.....................Unless they are living under a rock, I feel kids in most recent generations know just enough from parents, media, friends etc not to get into trouble or start venturing out into something that could be troublesome or illegal, like having sex before the age of 16 or so.

Lighty, you sure most kids pick positive things from media and peersConfused btw, it's illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor but I don't think it is illegal for two minors to be having it.....yes, it's not advisable and it is not right but not too sure on it being illegal. 

The images and ideas they pick of/about sex from media and peers is far removed from what it actually turns out to be.  SE/health science presents all the necessary age appropriate information in a factual way which is what they should know rather than a sneek peek at a soft po*n movie with their peers when the parents are away.....just out of curiosity. 

A formal education into something they already have an idea of being taboo, is like teaching them how to drive 3 years before they can actually get a drivers license.

As for having an idea about what's right and wrong - when did that stop people from committing any wrong anyways...even adultsOuch  If SE prevents even a handful of kids to think twice about what they are getting into and not give in to momentary pleasure then I think it was well worth all the effort.

As far as your driving license example, I feel it would be lot better if they get the license at age 14 with a restriction that they can only drive when accompained by an adult license holder. The guidance in to defensive driving will instill responsible driving habits later on when they do get their own license and are free to drive on their ownSmile  Any guidance, whether from a family member or a driving school, well in advance before they actually get their license would be lot more helpful then couple of week's hectic classes right before they apply for the license.

Gauri, I am not denying the good intentions of SE to young kids (10 and up) . I am not too sure if it will be taken in the right context by the kids or it could help the likes of Britney spears 16 year old sister who got preganant.Confused  Its their age, curiosity and inability to comprehend and reconcile with the changes they are going thru  that could work in the way it was not intended to in the first place.  As for picking up things from media or friends and family,  it is enough to know that having sex which could lead to pregnancy or STD , is not desirable for young kids.

I am not against biology lessons but SE goes into details and joys of sex eg. how to use condoms the right way by using it on a prop, talking about contraception Confused, (btw USA has highest teen prenancy rate even with planned parenthood assistance, go figure).

I don't think SE can act as a deterent to have sex for those who are going to do it anyway. We are actually giving too much credit to kids to make a rational decision when adults have hard time making a rational decision against raging sexual hormones.

Edited by lighthouse - 12 May 2008 at 9:05pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top