Page 1 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 2 Page 12

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 9:08am | IP Logged

In india 9 states have refused to add sex education as a subject in the syllabus of schools because they think the kids are too young, but looking at the increasing number of AIDS affected people and pregnancies, specially between the age group 15-25, sex education is necassery.

what are your viwes on this topic? should there be sex education for classes 9-12? or are they too young?

(topic can be closed if started before)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

k-ekta fan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "sex education in schools?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged

This is ridiculous. i dont understand how education is going to make those kids any better in these matters nothing can compete or beat the hormones!!!!

Its always better to go agnostic everything about sex until they are 18...the small 10% of the kids who venture these routes doesnt mean you have to subject 90% of the students to something they dont know about...

If its only about condoms to avoid aids.. hammer their psyche and general society with idea of wearing a condom like they do for helmets on two wheelers...

I think in these matter life and time are the best teachers.........

Edited by qwertyesque - 10 May 2008 at 5:57pm

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Its different from person to person.. Even after getting educated thr can be many who wl deviate from the route.. So, what wl happen then?? Who is responsible for tat?? One should realize this by themselves.. These things cannot be taught.. It also depends upon their neighborhood, culture given by the parents and most importantly Ur friends.. If u find something wrong with ur accompanies, its better to move out..

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged
^Okie...awarness is importent... Smile but now a days GOD playing practical jokes Big smile Wink

Am thinking how to educate a Blind guy/Girl about this!! Geek

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
I think sex education is important. I have noticed more and more kids are curious to try out sex but are clueless about the implications and responsibilities of it.

A lot of times guys tend to take advantage of girls by misleading them with misinformation. (some girls do that too) Sex education makes people aware of facts so no on can take them for ride with misinformation. Back in the day a popular trick as to claim that the guy can suffer severe medical damage if they do not release their sexual tension. Of course very rarely will someone fall for that now, thanks to more awareness about sex.

Sex education also promote safe sex practice preventing unwanted pregnancies.

A few years ago an Indian friend of mine told me she planned not to use a condom for sex. When I told her about how condom protects against STD and unwanted pregnancy, she nodded and said 'yeah but I want to get pregnant eventually'. I told her that when she is married and ready to have children she can just stop using condoms. She was surprised. Apparently her boyfriend told her that using condoms would leave behind spermicide making her incapable of having babies long term without some reversal treatment.

I am not against abstinence education at all. In fact I firmly believe abstinence is the best alternative until marriage. However, more and more young people are having sex and we really cannot stop it, force people to change or remove the peer pressure for sex. The best thing we can do is to educate and protect them. Sex is not something you can learn by trial and error. The risk could be life threatening. Of course people learn likes, dislikes and turn ons through trial and error, but safety and protection is of utmost important. If we do not care for the ethics of kids having sex before time, we at least need to protect innocent children who could be born orphans due to parents who do not want them or suffer ailments and medical conditions because their parents were not taught better.

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Anuradha

Its different from person to person.. Even after getting educated thr can be many who wl deviate from the route.. So, what wl happen then?? Who is responsible for tat?? One should realize this by themselves.. These things cannot be taught.. It also depends upon their neighborhood, culture given by the parents and most importantly Ur friends.. If u find something wrong with ur accompanies, its better to move out..

what route are you talking about? are you saying that after getting to know that by having unprotected sex they can get HIV/AIDS, they would still not use protective measures?

And how can a person,specially a kid(coz there is alot of child molestation) realize what is good and what is bad without ANY information? and by information i do not mean an information picked up from the streets, which is almost always incorrect.

Parents, atleast in india, are still very shy and hesitant to discuss about sex with their children, that is why sex education in schools is a must because school is the only place which ensures correct and safe information.

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
i dont think sex education works very well. for example, at 11 or 12, which is when they have sex education in some schools, i dont think kids have the foggiest idea about condoms and such. the only thing of interest is structure, shape and content.Wink so the stuff that could actually help is lost on these minds, and the other stuff is being picked up, making the kids more precocious, and spurring their interest in going beyond theory to lab work. not a good thing, all that applied research at that age.Tongue LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top