Frequent Posters

bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

thnx!....

by the way, where did u get this info??

Edited by bharat999 - 15 years ago
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
ok i got one silly question
perhaps i m forgetting something
can anyone explain to me please

it says here ravan was cursed by nalkuber and hence cudnt touch another woman
then how did he forcibly take sita after crossing lakshman rekha

he did held her hand and took her away isnt it

this info is great actually i didnt know abt the curse
but this question im not getting here
priyav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks rupa & shruti for the info
FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow this is a real piece of info for me

u know i was under the impression that ravan was a learned man and he went horribly wrong only when he kidnapped sita that too coz of his stounch pride i thought that prior to this incedent he led a good enough life to be called the greatest shiv bhakat ever and all that....

so this is a shocker to me that the man was disgusting and ruthless from the very bigining i mean what man rapes his own daughter in law???...and i was under the impression that he willingly waited for sita and did not touch her cpz tpuching an unwilling woman would have meant cowardice but now i know that he really was big time coward cloaked in the power of his worldly riches had he not been cursed god knows what he would have done to sita ji but i guess sita's own power is way too strong to repel evils like him

and guys can someone explain what is this khush vidya??i couldn't quite catch it...
coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatterbox

ok i got one silly question
perhaps i m forgetting something
can anyone explain to me please

it says here ravan was cursed by nalkuber and hence cudnt touch another woman
then how did he forcibly take sita after crossing lakshman rekha

he did held her hand and took her away isnt it

this info is great actually i didnt know abt the curse
but this question im not getting here

"Actually the curse was that if he touch any woman with bad intention IN LANKA- his capital, he will die." That why he kept sita in a place away from his main capital--Ashoka Vatika".

Vedavati a hermitess (lady hermit) also cursed him that if he violate a hermitess he will die.

Also according to  Vishnu  Smriti one who rapes his daughter or daughter-in-law is the highest sinner. Such person deserves death sentence only. For such a person there is no Prayaschita except he should throw himself to blazing fire.

Edited by coolpurvi - 15 years ago
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolpurvi

"Actually the curse was that if he touch any woman with bad intention IN LANKA- his capital, he will die." That why he kept sita in a place away from his main capital--Ashoka Vatika".

Vedavati a hermitess (lady hermit) also cursed him that if he violate a hermitess he will die.

Also according to  Vishnu  Smriti one who rapes his daughter or daughter-in-law is the highest sinner. Such person deserves death sentence only. For such a person there is no Prayaschita except he should throw himself to blazing fire.

ooh so that was it

how come u all knw so much and me being so much older than anyone here dont know😆

wonderful to have such knowledge

thanks for ur answer purvi😊

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
i'm not sure abt this but Ravan was cursed tht he can't forcefully take any woman against her wish. When Ravan kidnapped Sita, he just took her away n not u know..

I read recently that Ravan was cursed by Shivji that he will be killed by somebody like him (like Shivji). Shivji had the powers to kill Ravan but he didn't do it coz a bhagwan can never harm his bhakt. Earlier, Ravan did lot of tapasya and got powers from Shivji. Ravan got arrogant and started to harm rishis and all Gods (bec. he got this boon from shivji that no God could kill him) .

Vishnuji tried to kill Ravan with his sudarshan chakra. but he cud not harm him bec. he was a shivbhakt. Then all the devtaas got together and went to Brahma. Brahma asked Narad muni to go to Ravan and do something by which he gets cursed from Shivji. otherwise it wud have been impossible to kill him. Naradji went to Ravan and challenged him to get kailash parvat in Lanka. Ravan went to KAilash and uprooted it from it's place. When Shivji came to know abt it, he cursed Ravan.

secretz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info!Jai Shri Ram
rupalip thumbnail
rt Ravan asked for a boon from Brahmaj i where he dint included man,  acc to him Mans are powerless in front of him, so vishnuji took human birth to kill him.