India-Forums

   

Sumitra underrated... (Page 2)

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Joined: 31 October 2005
Posts: 28630

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by princess1_43

SW - I do think she deserved the red flag... reason being the bar for been safe was raised to 23 points... I would over all giver her performance a 20 ... not  a 24 because there was Toshi who sang much better but still was given 24... so if she should have been saved then would it really have been at the par level of what the other contestant sang..-  I am telling u  I am still trying to figure out how they are grading the contestants.. The Judges are very 'Dildaar' with their marks for champions but with challengers.. hmmmConfused

Madhy- I couldnt agree more... Neha- I dont have anything against her but seriously... she didnt deserve a 24 it was not a safe performance.... but like I said it looks planned... they are trying to keep the contestants strategically... Next week Neha might be the one eliminated

Princess you said it all what I wanted to Big smile

madhy IF-Sizzlerz
madhy
madhy

Joined: 17 August 2005
Posts: 13811

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by princess1_43

SW - I do think she deserved the red flag... reason being the bar for been safe was raised to 23 points... I would over all giver her performance a 20 ... not  a 24 because there was Toshi who sang much better but still was given 24... so if she should have been saved then would it really have been at the par level of what the other contestant sang..-  I am telling u  I am still trying to figure out how they are grading the contestants.. The Judges are very 'Dildaar' with their marks for champions but with challengers.. hmmmConfused

Madhy- I couldnt agree more... Neha- I dont have anything against her but seriously... she didnt deserve a 24 it was not a safe performance.... but like I said it looks planned... they are trying to keep the contestants strategically... Next week Neha might be the one eliminated

[/QUOTE]

totally agree i donno wen it cums to challangers da judges r way kanjus to judgeConfused
yea even i hv nothing against nehaa infact i like her fun luving attitude but her singing i felt really bad dis timeOuch
smallwonder IF-Sizzlerz
smallwonder
smallwonder

Joined: 16 October 2006
Posts: 11416

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhy


totally agree i donno wen it cums to challangers da judges r way kanjus to judgeConfused
yea even i hv nothing against nehaa infact i like her fun luving attitude but her singing i felt really bad dis timeOuch


totally agree... i think she has probably the best attitude on the show... she takes all criticism very gracefully and in a very receptive way...ClapClapClap

smallwonder IF-Sizzlerz
smallwonder
smallwonder

Joined: 16 October 2006
Posts: 11416

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princess1_43

SW - I do think she deserved the red flag... reason being the bar for been safe was raised to 23 points... I would over all giver her performance a 20 ... not  a 24 because there was Toshi who sang much better but still was given 24... so if she should have been saved then would it really have been at the par level of what the other contestant sang..-  I am telling u  I am still trying to figure out how they are grading the contestants.. The Judges are very 'Dildaar' with their marks for champions but with challengers.. hmmmConfused

Madhy- I couldnt agree more... Neha- I dont have anything against her but seriously... she didnt deserve a 24 it was not a safe performance.... but like I said it looks planned... they are trying to keep the contestants strategically... Next week Neha might be the one eliminated


Ya u r right in that respect... But I feel the judges are manipulating the marks by collectively discussing amingst themselves so as to decide whether or not the contestant gets a red flag... Else, why do they not just lock their individual scores and then at the end of the episode let us see who crossed the mark and who did not... This mark of "24" or whatever is useless... They give scores so as to make one cross or fall short of this limit...

vanajaakshi Senior Member
vanajaakshi
vanajaakshi

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 393

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:22am | IP Logged
I don't visit IF very often these days, but here I am and how can I not add my comment to a thread on Sumitra.

Post-VOI, it appears as if someone told her her natural pitch is not good enough. She seems to be singing a little higher than her natural voice, and consequently sounds shrill, strained and less in control than she did through the original series. If she would trust in her own talent, she would do better.
addyydda Goldie
addyydda
addyydda

Joined: 30 July 2007
Posts: 1518

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 5:31am | IP Logged
i dont think she has given gud perf here...i dont know how she sang on voi but not impressed with her perf here or even on UKU...every tym i hear her there is sumthin missin or wrong - b it her sur or the scale or the energy...n her attitude needs work...she did deserve the red flag...it was one of the weakest perf of the nite

Edited by addyydda - 10 May 2008 at 5:32am
yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Joined: 27 January 2007
Posts: 12366

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 11:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by vanajaakshi

I don't visit IF very often these days, but here I am and how can I not add my comment to a thread on Sumitra.

Post-VOI, it appears as if someone told her her natural pitch is not good enough. She seems to be singing a little higher than her natural voice, and consequently sounds shrill, strained and less in control than she did through the original series. If she would trust in her own talent, she would do better.

ohhh so nice to see u dear...i know yaar dunno whts wrong with her..i was amone the few who used to like her during VOI days

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Underrated by viewers?

2 3 4 5

Author: pyaridilwalino1   Replies: 37   Views: 1502

pyaridilwalino1 37 1502 02 July 2008 at 9:18am by clarissa
Sumitra Iyyer or Amit Sana

Author: babii.girl   Replies: 9   Views: 738

babii.girl 9 738 13 May 2008 at 12:11pm by miggie
Sumitra on Elimination: TB

Author: smallwonder   Replies: 0   Views: 682

smallwonder 0 682 11 May 2008 at 3:36am by smallwonder
sumitra better than neha

2

Author: tinytina   Replies: 10   Views: 671

tinytina 10 671 10 May 2008 at 10:23am by Filmi_Samy
Sumitra lends voice to Marathi album

Author: rosewood104   Replies: 3   Views: 470

rosewood104 3 470 10 May 2008 at 2:13am by madhy

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index