Paranormal

Chipkali --->For Info See Page 2 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
in tirupati or madra i dont remeber wea it was ..there i s a big golden lizards stautue on the ceiling...its god laxmi's i think..u have to touch it..it brings good energy into the family

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chipkali --->For Info See Page 2 (Page 2)" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 11:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sangeetarangdal

in tirupati or madra i dont remeber wea it was ..there i s a big golden lizards stautue on the ceiling...its god laxmi's i think..u have to touch it..it brings good energy into the family

Tonguewow...i didnt knew that..thnx for the infoEmbarrassed

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Chipkali = hindi for LizardWink

Here some infoBig smile

Lizards

Lizards are found around the world. Lizards are a common reptile.

Eastern Collared Lizard

Size: The largest lizard is the Komodo monitor. It can grow longer than a person. The smallest lizard is a tiny gecko.

Characteristics: Most lizards have dry, scaly skin. They have four legs, clawed feet, and a long tail. You can see their outside ear opening.

Lizards have a weak tail. A small bump or tug will break it off. This will puzzle the enemy. The lizard can get away. Not all lizards have weak tails.

Lizard tails help in balance and movement. Fat is stored in the tail. Losing the tail can be a big problem. Some lizards can grow a new tail.

Food: Some lizards eat bugs and spiders. Others eat plants, small animals, or even other lizards.

Most lizards use their eyes to look for food. Some use their sense of smell.

Lizards have jaws with teeth. They also have teeth on the roof of their mouth.

Side-blotched Lizard

Habitat: Lizards live in deserts, forests, prairies, marshes, and rocky areas. Most lizards live on the ground or in trees.

Lizards are fun and easy to watch. They are most active on warm, summer days. On very hot days, some lizards hide.

Most lizards sleep through the winter. On warm days, they sometimes come out to eat.

Locomotion: Most lizards can run, climb, and cling. A few can swim.

People often see lizards dart over logs and rocks. They run quickly across the ground. However, some lizards have small, weak legs. These lizards move slowly.

Southeastern Five-line Skink

Reproduction: Most lizards put their eggs in a nest. Other lizards have live babies. The mother lizards do not care for their babies.

Western Whiptail

Enemies: The lizard has many enemies. Some lizards are eaten by birds. They are also eaten by animals, snakes, and other lizards.

Defenses: Some lizards break off their tails to escape enemies. Other lizards may swell up, hiss, or move their tail or body to scare an enemy. Some lizards can change colors to hide.

Few lizards are dangerous. But, be careful of lizards. Many lizards bite or have sharp spines.

Other Threats: Human are a probem for lizards. Some people eat lizards or lizard eggs. In the past, people killed lizards and sold their skin.

The lizard's habitat is sometimes destroyed by people building towns or farms.

http://eduscapes.com/nature/lizard/index3.htm

Dangerous Lizards

The Gila monster and the Mexican beaded lizard are dangerous and poisonous lizards.

Gila Monster
The Gila monster (Heloderma suspectrum) of the American southwest, including Mexico, is a large lizard with dark, highly textured skin marked by pinkish mottling. It averages 35 to 45 centimeters in length and has a thick, stumpy tail. Unlikely to bite unless molested, it has a poisonous bite.

Mexican Beaded Lizard
The Mexican beaded lizard (Heloderma horridum) resembles its relative, the Gila monster. It has more uniform spots rather than bands of color (the Gila monster). It also is poisonous and has a docile nature. You find it from Mexico to Central America.

Komodo Dragon
This giant lizard (Varanus komodoensis) grows to more than 3 meters in length and can be dangerous if you try to capture it. This Indonesian lizard can weigh more than 135 kilograms.

http://www.survivalskills.biz/dangerous-lizards

Love,
Gracella

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Creatures like cockroaches, lizards, etc., always disgusts me Dead , though they are harmless but if they ever touch me or fall on me, i panic and scream and that eerie feeling remains in me for a long time Ouch ...and i have faced incidents where they have got inside my dress and move when i realise that something is there inside, that really disgusts me Dead , and such things have happened to me soo many times, i just hope they dont happen again Ouch !

Apart from that i dont think they are dangerous, but ya they are very dirty! And I have heard people associating them with bad luck (like when a chipkali falls on u, its bad luck, etc). No wonder they keep showing these creatures in horror shows.

payal_r

Goldie

payal_r

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks fr the Info Smile

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Creatures like cockroaches, lizards, etc., always disgusts me Dead , though they are harmless but if they ever touch me or fall on me, i panic and scream and that eerie feeling remains in me for a long time Ouch ...and i have faced incidents where they have got inside my dress and move when i realise that something is there inside, that really disgusts me Dead , and such things have happened to me soo many times, i just hope they dont happen again Ouch !

Apart from that i dont think they are dangerous, but ya they are very dirty! And I have heard people associating them with bad luck (like when a chipkali falls on u, its bad luck, etc). No wonder they keep showing these creatures in horror shows.

hehe..i also hate lizards, cockcroaches yaarDeadDead...
wow really..? when a chipkali falls on u..it's bad luck.>?/ i didn't know that yaar..never heard or read before..thanksEmbarrassed

loveGaurav

Goldie

loveGaurav

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged
thanks for the info

~*Mehwish*~

IF-Stunnerz

~*Mehwish*~

Posted: 28 June 2008 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Thanks fr the Info
I hate lizards!! Ouch im scared of themOuch LOL

Post Reply New Post