Fitness Goal for the week of May 9th (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
I'm already underweight by 2 kgs,by excercising so much during the holidays, I'm planning to gain 2-3 in a week. Thts my goal. Big smile

Good luck with ur goal! Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fitness Goal for the week of May 9th (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:48pm | IP Logged

Ditts darlink.... I am really jealous of you need to gain 2-3 kgs!!!!   Tongue

btw, what is the cause of the stars getting together.  Who is the girl?

Edited by Caryn - 19 May 2008 at 6:52pm

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
I know i can't join in this losing weight, but here goes some little tips. Hope it helps in yar Wink

The healthiest way to lose weight is neither crash diets nor bursts of exercise. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise. But you have to remember something, for those who has not exercised for years should not rush into running miles a day or pounding the treadmill. If you do this, you will tired and irratated. This will leave you feeling disheartened and demotivated, you're also far more likely to injure yourself.

The same goes for people who suddenly start starving themselves. Diets that severely restrict calories or the types of food 'allowed' can lead you to be deficient in the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs.

Small changes can make a big difference. One extra biscuit a week can lead you to gain 5lb a year, cut that biscuit out of your diet and you'll lose the same amount. Wink

Find something you enjoy that's easy for you to do in terms of location and cost. You are then more likely to build it into your routine and continue to exercise, despite inevitably missing the odd session through holidays, family commitments and so on.

This are the few things i use to do when i had no time for gym

On Weekends, i leave my car on the drive and walk to the shops. I also try to incorporate longer walks into outings to the parks nearby.

Every extra step you take helps, something my dad always says. Since i used to leave in condominium, i always use the stairs instead of the lift, or get off the bus a stop before the usual one and walk the rest of the way (the same like Caryn does).

During commercial breaks between TV-programmes, i stand up and do exercise, or will use an exercise bicycle in the living room while watching my favourite programme.

After marriage, leaving with inlaws, it was hard for me to continues little exersice that i use to do. So as soon out of bed mrg, 20 mins i wud do simple exersice. After 8 hours of sleeping, you need to stretch out you body fully to kick out all laziness.

Yoga helps in a lot too. Get a book on Yoga, believe me, its helps alot to relieve stress and to loss weight at the same time too gals.. Eating 300 to 500 calories less per day should lead to a loss of between one and two pounds per week. (it worked for me guys...)Don't be tempted to skip breakfast ?or any meal to lose weight. Breakfast is the most important meal.

This are the few things i got ride off during my exersice...

Replace all fizzy drinks and fruit cordials with water.

Swap whole milk for semi-skimmed, or semi-skimmed for skimmed.

Eat less lunch than usual. For example, i make my own sandwich and limit the use of margarine/butter and full-fat mayonnaise

I stopped taking sugar in tea and coffee.

I make sure to gave smaller portions of the food i enjoy instead of avoding it. Because the more i try to avoid certain food, the more tempted i am to eat it LOL .

Avoid having a second helping at dinner.

Cut out unhealthy treats such as confectionary, sugary biscuits and crisps between meals. (This is for you Caryn honey)

Cut down on beer and alcohol if you can't cut off completely Wink

Hope this will help you gals out Wink All the best

Edited by netra_rama - 22 May 2008 at 11:15pm

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Netra, this is wht Kareena Kapoor told too, abt losing weight and staying fit.........avoid sugar in tea and coffee, and to make Yoga a part of ur daily routine Tongue

Edited by ditty - 23 May 2008 at 9:53am

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Thanks Netra for your tips. Caryn has stopped her crisps. Smile   Sugary biscuits - never liked it and never take it. Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top