Debate Mansion

Does Computer kill creativity in Children (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

No, it enhances the horizons of kids creativity!! Big smile it's hard to believe unless experienced WinkLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does Computer kill creativity in Children (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 3:54am | IP Logged

Personally, I still use my head to multiply and divide, because I find opening the calculator program and typing in the numbers more time consuming thn just doing it all in my head.

But no, for a person who's explored the various oppurtunities and the advntages tht the compute and the internet offers, I can blindly say it doesn't kill the creativity.........it widens the imagination. It gives huge platforms fro kids to express their talents, to aquire fame, to create an identity of ur own.

But yes, drawing a painting ina piece of paper with a pencil is MUCH easier tht making ur mouse move the way u want in the paint program.........sometimes, you don't get the correct control of the mouse. LOL

Its a competitive world.........technology is developing day by day.......in abt 15 yrs, no man will probably be using  a pen and a paper(I know its a vague statement, but still it's not impossible);make the kids move with the time, thts the best thign to doBig smile

Edited by ditty - 24 May 2008 at 3:56am

Tabu7

Goldie

Tabu7

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:22am | IP Logged

i havent read it all, but just from the topic question i would say it has both good and bad points,
yes they might not be sharp in mental thinking and computer makes people lazy as in less mental work, but i also belive that there many other advantages with computers that other members have pointed out above! Smile

like people say nowadays people dont have time for extra stuff, life is becoming very busy, people are running after money so we should not have spear time, in that sence computer helps people run faster.... e.g. if maths calculations like spreadsheets, or graphs takes 5 mintues in written form than it  will take few seconds on computer... people's typing speed is becoming faster than hand writting, neater! makes you go fast and will cath up with the worl's speed!!!! lol LOL Run with the world!!! leave the old stuff behind!!LOL

Edited by Tabu7 - 24 May 2008 at 4:28am

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 3:30am | IP Logged

See I don't get where MATHS comes into creativity, except in the ways of solving... Basic maths is and must be known to all children, for a number of reasons, which you guys have pointed out well. But I seriously don't think computers affect any creativity in a child.

If anything, computers are a positive influence to help creativity! The internet is filled with various ways of showing this creativity, various outlets, various places to express one's views! Ideas are seen, appreciated and inspired from the internet, which under normal circumstances one could not be provided with! Agreed, there is bad influence on the internet too, but children, to adults' surprise, have a mind of their own. If they want to get influenced, they will find a way. The internet shouldn't affect them really.

Just because everything is available on the net doesn't mean that children stop doing it themselves! They might play football on their computer, but they're not going to give up on REAL football for that, are they? Embarrassed

Golden iron

Golden iron

Posted: 22 September 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Yes Computer kills creativity in kids. You are becoming more like a machine. You need any information just type in.  Some things we cannot change Like saying sugar does not make our tea sweet, we need to add it. Same way if we want kids to be able to understand logic and reason out and make better decisions , have good understanding, then dependancy on computer should be less. Work..I can understand, college ok. School may be familarity. Kids are smart and really they donot need much exposer to understand teh computer. Thanks to Bill Gates, he makes OS very simple.
But kids from elementary depending on their computer to write reports, make sketches etc..is wromg. 'Let them wonder, let them memorize, let them explore their own creativity.

Copmuters are making them only a machine. You ask them any question, they grab information from computer Big smile.

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 September 2008 at 8:09am | IP Logged

gotta disagree

these tools free your mind of unneccesary clutter and let you focus on other things, now it is another thing that we cant find something better for improvise on usage of the kids brain, but you cant be blaming computers for that you have to blame the parents and teachers for that

it is like blaming science for the issues we have in lifeWink

Golden iron

Golden iron

Posted: 23 September 2008 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

gotta disagree

these tools free your mind of unneccesary clutter and let you focus on other things, now it is another thing that we cant find something better for improvise on usage of the kids brain, but you cant be blaming computers for that you have to blame the parents and teachers for that

Chal_Pel_Mat LOL what an interesting ID Wink

Yes we should blame science for some issues that we have. Cleaner and better we are living, more complicated dieases we get. LOLLOLLOL

Bit for kids to give them a dumb daabba called Computer is useless. I am blaming parents and kids and school and teacher who use computers in lower grade just for easy access.
As per me it makes their brain closed in a match box. Where as if taht box is opened it can light up their creativity, but computer is even drawing for you, why would they do any exploration???????????

Hoep you are gettign the point Tongue

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 September 2008 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Golden iron

Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

gotta disagree

Chal_Pel_Mat LOL what an interesting ID Wink

yeah can get innovative even when using a computer, but I gotta say Golden Iron is also interesting, I was thinking that was gonna go 1,2,3 in the Iron seriesWink

Yes we should blame science for some issues that we have. Cleaner and better we are living, more complicated dieases we get. LOLLOLLOL, science is science bhai, bolo waise karega, clean to clean, polluted to polluted, disease complicated nahi hai, brain kam creative ho gaya hai sochneme ke hai kya cheezWink

Bit for kids to give them a dumb daabba called Computer is useless. I am blaming parents and kids and school and teacher who use computers in lower grade just for easy access. so you are blaming lack of creativity on the parts of adults also on the computers too ab unka bachpan me to computer nahi thaWink
As per me it makes their brain closed in a match box. Where as if taht box is opened it can light up their creativity, but computer is even drawing for you, why would they do any exploration???????????
 LOLLOLLOL sound like my grandma, she use to blame TV and cricketfor thisLOLLOLLOL look everyone turned out just fineWink
Hoep you are gettign the point Tongue yep loud and clearWink
Chandu RACKS

Edited by chal_phek_mat - 23 September 2008 at 8:43am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top