India-Forums

Amit Tondon - - > Chat Transcript

baraiya kh Newbie
baraiya kh
baraiya kh

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:03am | IP Logged
indya: Hi all and welcome to the chat with Amit Tandon!
amit_tandon: Hi all.

guest7: Acting or singing, which do you enjoy more?
amit_tandon: I love both equally. Acting is natural, but singing needs practice. Singing makes you improvise all the time, I like both.

guest37: Are you and any of the Indian Idol contestants still in contact?
amit_tandon: Once in a blue moon. Everybody is trying to make a mark and are busy! I am not in touch.

guest7: After Indian Idol, why didn't you start your career in singing?
amit_tandon: To be honest... I wasn't a well trained singer then, which I am now. I wanted to make sure that when I come out with my album, it had to be the best!

guest37: There were rumours that on the sets of Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai there were differences between you and Iqbal Khan, is it true?
amit_tandon: No, Iqbal and I clicked well. I want the best for him, so does he. I do accept that I wanted the role of Angad, but personally I think he is great.

guest46: Are you planning to act in movies?
amit_tandon: Many television actors say that they are not keen on films, but fact is that film is a bigger canvas and that is the end goal. With my album I am creating a brand image for my self.

guest56: Do you have any mentor?
amit_tandon: When it comes to singing, I think there are many people - Sonu Nigam , Kishore Kumar, Shaan, Kay Kay, Gurudas Mann - their language clarity is great. I try to look up to the best.

guest56: Your favourite holiday destination?
amit_tandon: London, Greece, Italy. I want to go to Barcelona. Of course, I was born and bought up in New York. Times Square is a landmark spot I love.

guest7: How was it behind the scenes during Indian Idol? was Anu Malik harsh with contestants, as he was on screen?
amit_tandon: He was at times, it's necessary. It is a contest, one should take it as constructive criticism. Like a challenge, which one should take it up.

guest37: What is your wife's name and when did you meet her?
amit_tandon: Her name is Ruby. She is a doctor at Chicago. I met her by chance, she wasn't interested in actors, but we are a match made in heaven. We dated for 6 months and got married on Jan 6, 2007.

guest73: Which serial do you prefer - Kyunki or Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai?
amit_tandon: I like the character Manthan, lots more can be done with the character. He loves his mom and his sis. The creative writers I think are yet to realise it.

guest73: If you were given a chance to go on a date, with whom would you go?
amit_tandon: Absolutely nobody! I am very happy with my wife - as of now I am climbing the Vaishno Devi hill with her for the sake of my new album - I am very glad to be with her.

guest46: Do you have any pets?
amit_tandon: Yes, a labrador. We call him Franky, he is a year and half old.

guest79: Who was your good friend at the sets of Kyunki n Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai?
amit_tandon: Everyone. Suvarna and Neha were my good friends.

guest79: How do you feel when you are surrounded with many fans?
amit_tandon: Fans are great to have. Every actor works to be appreciated and television gives us that. Even here at Vaishno Devi many ppl stop me every two mins! Its very nice.

guest73: Can you tel us any memorable moments in Kyunki's sets...
amit_tandon: My entry scene was great, I felt like a star. I got great response for the same.

guest90: Any specific reason for you to climb Vaisho Devi hill?
amit_tandon: My wife and I took a mannath for my album. Then I am goin to Amristar, boarding plane to take her to for honeymoon to Italy, which we had put off to make this album happen.

guest73: Are you a Punjabi or a Gujrati?
amit_tandon: I am fully and 100 per cent Punjabi.

guest56: Who is your favourite actor?
amit_tandon: Amitabh Bachchan

kanusharma: What is your educational qualification?
amit_tandon: I have graduated from a college in New York.

guest7: Which is your favourite food?
amit_tandon: I love Chinese, Sushi, rajma - chawal and butter chicken!

guest103: Hi, I like you a lot in Bhabhi. You really rock! You suit the role of Nihall better.
amit_tandon: I really appreciate that. It's hard to replace someone, its great that you liked it so soon.

guest103: What are your upcoming serials?
amit_tandon: Television is too hard a medium to do too much. I am only doing Bhabhi and Kyunki, my concenration is mainly on my album. Its number 1 on my priority list, but I do love acting

mnsarang: How was your experience while recording for your album?
amit_tandon: It was the best, I loved it. From the moment we stepped into the studio, we start from nothin to something with emotion, love and hard work. I pray to God that I will be given more such opportunities.

indya: Ok... Thanks Amit for joing us on the chat and making it really special. Before we leave, any message for your fans? And an email id that your fans can write to?
amit_tandon: Thank you all, this is the first time that I am doing an interview on the way uphill to Vaishno Devi. It's you fans who have made me what I am today. I am gratefull to you all and Indya.com to make this happen. Love you all! Keep the faith! You can mail me at atandon@gmail.com
indya: Thanks a lot... All the best for your album.

Source: http://www.indya.com/news/amittandon_chat.html

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

wassup28Raima36AbhiNikiLuveryipee268143

Kim_ IF-Dazzler
Kim_
Kim_

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:40am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing, Amit is doing good nowadays Embarrassed
268143 IF-Addictz

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:51am | IP Logged

thanx 4 sharin Clap his singin is improvin ... wish him all da best 4 his album n his tv roles Tongue

greatsaleen Senior Member
greatsaleen
greatsaleen

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 11:12am | IP Logged
He maintains great composure inspite of being attacked and cornered constantly ... Good Luck to him Clap Clap Clap
babii.girl IF-Sizzlerz
babii.girl
babii.girl

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Thanxx
i liked his answers
slash Senior Member
slash
slash

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:48am | IP Logged
good one .. although i am not exactly fan of his .. i like his spirit and never say die attitude

i also think that his openness and straight forward approach is sometimes taken wrongly as his arrogance

well , i wish him all the best

and also one thing - he and his wife make a great pair

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top