Harry Potter

How did you start reding HP?

kritijj thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I'm bak with another discussion question..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

why did you start reading harry potter? did some one advice u to do so or did yr mom just thrust them at you cuz you've never opened a book by choice๐Ÿ˜†

which book were you most excited after reading it?๐Ÿ˜ณ

which part or book was it that got you hooked to harry potter, or was it the movies?๐Ÿ˜•

or was any particular actor for whom you decided to finally read the books and striked gold?๐Ÿ˜‰

there has to be a begining for everything..when was yr start? do reply!๐Ÿ˜Š

numerous reasons, wat's yrs?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kritijj thumbnail
i started reading and i skipped book no.2 to read it after reading the 7th... ๐Ÿ˜‰
all the pandimonium by hp fans in my school made me to try and read a harry potter from the school library..when i was 11
it was the start of a sweet addictive passion ๐Ÿ˜†
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hmmm i dont really remember but i guess that imy teacher said i needed to read book to improve my english(reminds me of fleur) and either with my own choice or my mothers i took the first book and read it(i was 11/12 at that time)

well it cast a spell over me and i was eager to read all books and then one by pone i completed the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th,and 6th book

and i had to wait for 1 whole year for the final book

and i can tell you the suspense killed me
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice topic๐Ÿ˜›.
Well I started reading the book after the release of part four.  My cousin is a Harry Potter fan. One day I saw her read part four and I teased her about reading such a stupid book in which a boy is fighting with a dragon ( you know, the cover of book four). It wasnt like I didnt read books. I was just more into romantic novels than fiction, and couldnt imagine that books with such far-from-reality-stuffs could be worth reading๐Ÿ˜†.

Then when Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone movie came out, my cousin's younger sister ( who, by the way also joined me in teasing her sister) forced me to watch the movie. I was reluctant, but still watched it. After watching the movie I became interested in it, so I borrowed the books from my cousin and started reading. As I proceeded from one book to another, I realized that the books werent stupid but I was๐Ÿ˜ฒ.

My cousin couldnt lend me book one and three, so I read book two first and then four. Soon I became addicted to Harry Potter series and went to the shop to buy them. Then I read the first and the third book. I still remember those days. I would sleep at two in the night after reading book three and get up at five in the morning and continue reading it. I would eat breakfast silently and even drink milk, as my sole concentration was in  reading the great Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which was held tightly on my other hand. My parents  became more concerned about  me.  Thanks to my sister, who assured them that it was just a phase, they didnt take me to a psychiatrist๐Ÿ˜’.

Then as book  five, six and seven came out. I managed to have them the first day of the release and read them all day long. So this is my story, which by the way is quite long. If I had written my English essays with such dedication and love as I have written this then my teachers would have been pleased๐Ÿ˜ณ.

P.S. I had to start wearing glasses after I adopted the habit of reading Harry Potter. But I dont regret it. It was all for a good cause, my friends, good cause......

Cheers
Melissa

Edited by Melissa - 15 years ago
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Melissa

Then when Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone movie came out, my cousin's younger sister ( who, by the way also joined me in teasing her sister) forced me to watch the movie. I was reluctant, but still watched it. After watching the movie I became interested in it, so I borrowed the books from my cousin and started reading. As I proceeded from one book to another, I realized that the books werent stupid but I was๐Ÿ˜ฒ.

well i too first watched the movie which made me so interested

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

why did you start reading harry potter? did some one advice u to do so or did yr mom just thrust them at you cuz you've never opened a book by choice๐Ÿ˜†

Nope..mine ws a dumb reason 2 read HP...๐Ÿ˜ณ..Actually wen I ws in 5th lolz..Book 1 n 2 had released by den..n i think..1st ovie ws also released..n it ws very popular..so i bought the first 2 books..n guess wht..I din't understnd a single word...wen i read it so i left..it..Wen i ws in 6th..my friendz..used to make me jealous..hehee๐Ÿ˜†n discuss abt Hp..so finally..I started reading..it n ws addicted..2 it..completely๐Ÿ˜›

which book were you most excited after reading it?๐Ÿ˜ณ

I read the Hp books..in a sequence...so after 1st book onli I ws engrossed..in HP..๐Ÿ˜ณ

which part or book was it that got you hooked to harry potter, or was it the movies?๐Ÿ˜•

It ws the book..which which got me hooked..to Hp๐Ÿ˜ณ

or was any particular actor for whom you decided to finally read the books and striked gold?๐Ÿ˜‰

Hehe๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†If I had seen..Tom felton..den..i wud hv read the book surely for him๐Ÿ˜‰

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh....I was really into nancy drew books hehe and me and my frnd always exchanged them....but once she didnt have those and she gave me hp to read!! since then ive been hooked to the series ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
vrits thumbnail
i saw the 1st 2 movies b4 reading the books....i was a kid so i hated reading books ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ˜ƒNice topic....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

OK this is what exactly happened...

I never did like HP before....many of my related used to read this books but i was never interested...then on my vacation i was feeling very very very boring....and i thot of reading a book. But on the desk i only had the HP books, though i had no interests reading it...but i thot of just reading one or two chapters...and surprisingly justy after reading the first chapter i realized the talent of J.K.R and the speciality of the books....and then i kept on tearing through pages after pages...and i finished the book the day after..๐Ÿ˜† On that vacation i finished the first six HP...๐Ÿ˜ƒ Not the last one coz that didnt release...

jayanti_dj thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i was getting bored ,and every body at my e-book club at yahoo groups was talkin abt the book non stop..
so just out of curiosity that what the hullaboo was all about and also coz i dint have anythin else to do...i started readin 1st book and by book 3 i was too involved with it to leave it for anythin
i was litrally gng breathless wid excitement while readin ootp