Ajit signs record deal?

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Ajit signs record deal?
By Moviebuzz  | Thursday, 08 May , 2008, 11:30

The grapevine is abuzz that our "Ultimate" star Ajit has signed a record deal with Soundarya Rajinikanth's Ocher Studios to do a film for them. Ajit and Vishnuvardhan are planning a sequel to their highly successful Billa, and are in discussion at the moment. Last month, Soundarya Rajinikanth has tied up with the Hollywood major 'Warner Brothers' into an exclusive multi-picture deal with her Ocher Studios. The deal is for three years and Soundarya will make live-action feature films in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. As a part of the deal, Soundarya will be doing her first Tamil film with Ajit. The grapevine has it that it was dad (Rajinikanth), who gave her the brilliant idea of making a sequel to Billa with Ajit. The buzz is that Ajit has signed up the film for an astronomical Rs 10.01 crore! Yes the market is abuzz that Ajit will be paid a cool Rs Ten crore and One Lakh for the film, which will be made on a budget of Rs 30 crore. Sources close to the actor refused to comment on this record deal, the highest ever to be paid as salary to a Kollywood actor after Rajinikanth.

Meanwhile Ajit will be completing work on his Aegan and moving on to do Sivaji Productions new action thriller to be directed by Gautham Menon by November. After the film releases on April 14, 2009, he will start the shoot of Billa-2 for Ocher Studios.

ShockedBilla 2?? If this project ever happens..maybe we can expect to  see any flying cars or superman stunts and more styleLOLLOL  10.01 crors....Approve

jenim Goldie
jenim
jenim

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Wow Wow Wow!!

Something like this is long due for Thala.
He's a good actor and more than that, a very kind hearted soul. He deserves good things!

I really hope this news is true!
Thanks for the hot news Meli.

netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
This is a news LOL LOL All i can say is, lets wait for flying cars in that movie Tongue LOL
kadhambari IF-Rockerz
kadhambari
kadhambari

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Billa2 sounds gud.yeah i gree with Jenim,thala deserves much more.

"Thala pola varuma"

Thanx meli 4 info.
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
My goodness 10 crores? And 30 crores for the movie? So 1/3 went to Ajith, the rest 20..... and you guys are expecting flying cars etc. LOL LOL Big smile   That is good.

Anyway, I hope sequel to Billa will be more impressive then Billa 2007.   Wink

Ajith, good luck to your new venture.   Clap
Dits Goldie
Dits
Dits

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Oh my Grt God! Shalini must be beyond herself! LOL

Yeah, Caryn, hope the same too, tht Billa 2 isbetter than Billa 1..... Wink

Ajith is defintiely one actor who deserves all the fortune and fame ....from 300 Rs to 10 crores, WOW! What a journey! As far as I know, no other leading actor now has had to struggle as Ajith has had to! Smile
jigglypuff726 IF-Sizzlerz
jigglypuff726
jigglypuff726

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:48am | IP Logged

when i first read the title, i thought maybe ajith was thinking of a career in playback singing.LOLLOLLOL

i'm glad ajith's efforts are bearing fruit. good luck to him!Big smile hope they consider sada for his heroine in 'billa 2'. i really want to see them onscreen together.Tongue

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top