India-Forums

Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Get what you need, not what you want

recycledsoul Newbie
recycledsoul
recycledsoul

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Hello everyone. I live in America. Recently i have been meditating and doing yoga alot and really realizing how ignorant i was (and still am). but i would like to share with you a few of my realizations in order to improve your life.

I was with a girl. She was the most devoted, innocent, sweet, honest person i have ever met. We of course had problems like everyone, but we really stuck together for 3 years. until it got to be to much. because i would always be desiring some thing else other than what i had. this is the nature of desire, no matter what you have you always want more. why? really i had everything i could ever need. a place to live, a nice caring wife, food, and freedom to do what i liked. but always i wanted more. sometimes i would tell her i would like to be with other people, always making problems, wanting more, unsatisfied. then we got into a big fight and never saw eachother for 6 months. we found eachother again and got back together but she was not so innocent now. she had been with other guys and the whole time apart i realized how i just wanted 1 girl! still we were figthing sometimes and so i went to live in an ashram. and then we did a 10 day meditation course and really i realized so much then, of how stupid i was. because the universe gave me such a wonderful gift and i was never satisfied with the most beautiful devotion. not forced devotion pure, devotion without any asking.

but we still see eachother and i realize i can not live through the past. how peopel change everyday and i dont feel like the same person at all anymore. so there is always love. just more detatched.

my point is get what you need and be happy. go after what you Want and be miserable. i really realized always chasing my desires was destroying everything i had. the passion really destroyed all the love. passion can turn into love, but not love into passion. really life seems so unclear sometimes. but we must really meditate and have a clear and healthly mind to life live in a way that is good for us and others. so now i feel like listening to life, to the universe what it wants me to do.. not what i want to do. that never brought me much happiness.

and this is the whole nature of the western culture. craving craving craving, passion passion passion. all i want to do is live a pure natural life. really if you knew how the west lives you would not really be seeking so much. its not much fun, people are all stressed out and rushing around. not even paying attention to what they are doing. they have corrupted the whole art of sex through the media. i want to come to india and really feel something real. and i want to help people

Namaste brothers and sisters

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*princess*15

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Im glad finally u realize what u need and what u want and thank yew so much for sharing such a nice thing and a msg wid us! Embarrassed Sometimes we get confused by what we want and wat we need but we really need to make the right choices in life and be happy wid what we have! Embarrassed
dreamer_dreams IF-Rockerz
dreamer_dreams
dreamer_dreams

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 11:36am | IP Logged
hey 1st of all namaste
and even i am very arrogant and ambitious.
i am rude to people even when i know that i am wrong and after reading ur experience i think i should try meditation 2.
Khaya IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
the_charm IF-Dazzler
the_charm
the_charm

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Well true, we need to make the right choice but sometimes it seems really difficult. :(
recycledsoul Newbie
recycledsoul
recycledsoul

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 8:53am | IP Logged

Hello every1 I am glad I could help a little.
its not easy sometimes we get mixed up with the mind telling us so many things. but we dont need to listen too much to the mind. sometimes it says some useful things and other times it leads us astray.
dreamer, meditation is so wonderful, check out vipassana, its free and world wide. i did a 10 day course and really see more clearly now, that any negativity i have towards another is Inside me and it doesnt feel good.
rukhaya good luck in pakistan thats nice of you to want to share yourself for humanity
charm, yes i agree sometimes it is very difficult to see clearly because these days there is so much distraction, so much artificial things, so many illusions. things may look good but on the inside they may be a different case. just feel the energy in your body, in your breath listen to that silent wisdom inside you.
if anyone needs any help my email is ***********************
Heart

Moderator's Note:
Please don't give your email addresses or any personal information on forums.

Edited by shizajaved - 12 May 2008 at 8:14am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top