India-Forums

Ramayan
Ramayan

why sita is not wearing any ornaments

Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Sita ji used to wear mang tika,neckless ,earing lots of bangles ,anklets ,rings ,bajubandh,chooramani and lot of other things which she was wearing at the time they leave ayodhya and other jewelery which anusya gift her so why they r not showing her wearing any jwelery will they show wearing all this when ravan kidnaped her i mean sita ji always wear jewelery because it is imp for a married women to wear her ornaments

well Ansuya gave her own jewelry from a box to Sita; gold and silver ornaments. Although, Sita knew it would be wrong to accept something so beautiful, she also realized it would be wrong if she didn't accept a gift given from the heart.

Ansuya asked sita to wear these ornaments. So Sita put on her new jewelry and as always she looked dazzling. Rama fell more in love with Sita after seeing how classy she looked in the new jewelry.

The jewelry was more than just a mere gift, it would become the key to finding Sita. When Ravana kidnapped her, she knew that the only way to leave a clue is to drop the jewelry. While Ravana carried Sita across the river, Sita saw two monkeys standing on a hill, one gold monkey and one white one.

Edited by shruti_gauri1 - 08 May 2008 at 12:39pm

aalochak Senior Member
aalochak
aalochak

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I agree Shruti. Sita should be wearing her jewels and sari given to her by Mata Ansuya. It will be odd if she only wears them before she gets abducted. The older Ramayan depicted this nicely.
They also should show soe scenes where Lakshman bows to Sita's feet and notices her anklets... he was only able to identify these - and not heer other jewellery - as his gaze never moved higher than Sita's feet
Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aalochak

I agree Shruti. Sita should be wearing her jewels and sari given to her by Mata Ansuya. It will be odd if she only wears them before she gets abducted. The older Ramayan depicted this nicely.
They also should show soe scenes where Lakshman bows to Sita's feet and notices her anklets... he was only able to identify these - and not heer other jewellery - as his gaze never moved higher than Sita's feet

yup they r not showing anything properly i mean at that time ornaments considered as sign that women is married and after ansuya teaches sita ji and gave her those jewelery and cloth sita ji always wear them and it is odd that sitaji is not wearing her ornaments espicially mang tika and necklace

and u r right they r not showing laxman doing "charanvandana" of ram and sita ji because he only identify her anklets when ram show her all the jewelry because he never see sita ji except her feet because he used to do charanvandana of her and ramji everyday
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
i agree with u !!
even sitaji not carrying the bag of clothes with her !!!
RAM-SITA & LAXMAN can't be wearing the same clothes every day !!!
bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
i was wondering about this as well but never shared it here. well as u hav opened this topic now, i must say that the creativies or mayb the actress herself doesnt want to wear lots of jewellery! well..jus a thought. dont knw if thats true though.
Yes when Anusua gave Sitaji jewellery we could see some pearl jewellery there but they r not showing it!
Another thing, debina is only wearing the Mangal Sutra and no other neclace!
Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sita11

i agree with u !!
even sitaji not carrying the bag of clothes with her !!!
RAM-SITA & LAXMAN can't be wearing the same clothes every day !!!

yes laxman ji always carry potli(bag)that contain clothes ,some fruits, medicated leaf which they used when anybody get hurt and the mud of ayodhya

they r not showing anything no proper scene of laxman doing seva of ram sita
Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

aalochak Senior Member
aalochak
aalochak

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shruti_gauri1

[so i dont like sita ji wearing mangalsutra

I suspected this was an anachronism (look it upWink)

Its just didnt seem right - I've never seen any devi ever wear a mangal-sutra before! Unmarried Sita used to wear so much jewellery (remember the SBS interview?) So I dont think Debina is objecting to wear jewels - its just haphazard production!

Go to top