Posted: 15 years ago

SRK's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi gets a heroine

Shah Rukh Khan has finally found his heroine in Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. And it's Bangalore girl Anushka Sharma.

It's certainly a dream come true for this 19-year-old model to make her debut in a film directed by the man who directed Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and Mohabbatein, and produced many more blockbusters.

"We were looking first for someone who could truly embody the spirit of small town Punjab," Yash Chopra said. "We know we have found her in Anushka. While she has no previous acting experience, we have seen that unique spark in her that makes us confident that she will be a standout even opposite Shah Rukh."

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi will go on the floors on May 16, and is scheduled to release on December 12.

Courtesy: Rediff

yay atlast 👏 👏

Anushka does look a bit like Sonam doesn't she?
Exactly Sonam....

I wish he should have choosen Sonam...

Originally posted by ankita31

Anushka does look a bit like Sonam doesn't she?

Yes, she does. Also she is a model from Bangalore. So there goes the Deepika and Sonam RNBDJ connection, media was throwing around for sometime.

umm guess simrans not the girl then lol well good for her be good to see 😛

Anushka Sharma

Hometown: Bangalore.
Big break: "Wendell Rodricks picked me to be his finale model at the last Lakme Fashion Week, so I came here and did only his show," says Anushka, who was first spotted by the designer at a fashion show in Bangalore. "Since then, I've done campaigns for Silk & Shine, Whisper and Fiat Palio." 
Dream campaign: "A very nice skin brand," says Anushka, "though I'm not really for fairness creams."
Greatest asset: Expressive eyes.
Modelling mantra: "This is something I've always wanted to do; I can't see myself doing anything else."
One hottie to work with: "Nobody. I really can't think of anyone," says Anushka, categorically. "Like, I think Hrithik Roshan is a really good-looking guy…but that doesn't mean I want to walk the ramp with him. Why do I need to walk the ramp with anyone? I'd rather walk the ramp by myself," she laughs.  
Back-up job plan: She's studying for a degree in Economics.

ANUSHKA SHARMA 4.jpg
Anushka Sharma
Anushka Sharma is 5 feet 9 inches tall model from Bangalore, India.
Sonam is better looking...

She does look a lot like Sonam, Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw her picture ..

i wish it was sonam instead of HER

May be they wanted a fresh face for the film. Sonam could have just debuted with this one.