Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Victory for IPL

Sano88 IF-Achieverz
Sano88
Sano88

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Victory for IPL
By Webmaster, 8 May, 2008
Victory for IPLHarman Baweja-Amrita Rao starrer Victory will show three IPL (Indian Premier League) matches. Ad film maker-turned-director Ajit Pal will shoot the matches within a few days.

Talking about why he needs the clippings of some of the IPL matches, he says, "I need to show the crowd and the entire action at the field and what better than IPL for that?"

Since Pal needs the crowd to be at its loudest best, he wants to shoot the final which will be played on June 1 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. He is all geared up with his camera and says, "It won't be difficult to do the shoot. Yes, I know the mood of the crowd at the IPL matches will be crazy, but that's exactly what I am looking for. We have done the ground work and I am ready to shoot."

But, why did Pal choose to make a film on cricket?

He says, "I am a cricket buff and five years back, I had written a script on cricket. But, I never thought of making a film on it, till I met Manmohan Shetty who loved the script and decided to produce it for me."

Victory is the story of a small-town cricketer's journey from Jaislamer who makes it big in the international cricket scene. Incidentally, this happens to be Shetty's first production with daughter Pooja Shetty. Shetty hasn't coined a name for his production house yet.

Pal adds, "We should be getting the consent of the IPL officials any moment now."

Cricketers including Simon Jones, Dimitri Mascarenhas (England), Brett Lee, Mike Hussey, Bradd Hogg, Stuart Clark, Simon Katich, Brad Hogg (Australia), Shohaib Malik, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Kamran Akmal (Pakistan), Chaminda Vaas, Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) will all be seen in Victory.
http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=5892

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top